1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Anyone have a problem with Digikey?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by emuexplosion, 3 Oct 2003.

1. emuexplosion

emuexplosion What's a Dremel?

So..

On my modding adventure, I bought a nortitake VFD the 800a one from digikey, wired it up, worked fine, 5 mins later, tried it, dead.

So, I search all around for answers about my 5min life VFD. The sucker just didn't want to work, the little glowy red wire thingys in there didn't even come on. (Wow. thats some tech talk)

Anywho, this was the last week in June. I called Digikey up, and told them my problem and I said it was a DOA. They said, ship it back and they will ship me a new one. I shipped it after I got back from CPL, so, first week in august.

I have called multiable times about it, still no true answer. I am out basicly 180 bucks right now, nothing to show for. They haven't offered to give my money back when I call, and they don't know when they are shipping me a new one. It's the first week in October now.

---

Moral of story. (I guess?)

What should I do.. call again and demand my money back?

I mean, really this has pissed me off so much, I have lost all hope for my mod, and I'm getting ready to just sell everything I got for it.

---

Okay, enough venting,

emu

2. funkymunky

funkymunky Guest

Dont sell everything and give up!....
    demand your rights.... i believe that under 30 days it should be under garuentee, you should really check legal points.. and threaten them! :thumb: works a treat!!!!

Rm

3. cpuwildman

cpuwildman What's a Dremel?

and make sure that you file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau

4. linear

linear Minimodder

Did you read the 800a threads here? Are you sure you didn't just blow the fuse? Search for 800a and fuse for some more helpful info.

5. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

I have 4 of these displays. All dead. No blown fuses either. These things justs stop working for some reason. im pretty pissed about mine too