1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress The Ultimate GPU Review Test Bench

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Duality92, 26 Oct 2017.

1. Duality92

Duality92 What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

| ModMyMods | HighSpeedPC | SeaSonic |
    | Apacer | CableMod | Aorus |

Hi fine people :)

I've been the GPU reviewer for OCN for quite a bit now and I decided to create a rig just for testing GPUs.

I have partenered up with HighSpeedPc.com, Seasonic, PC Mods Canada, ModMyMods, Aorus, Apacer and Cablemod to bring you the beast of a test bench I will be creating.

I will be 3D Printing a lot of things to make this test bench one of a kind. I started out with an XL-ATX bench supplied by HighSpeedPC.com, they make some great test benches, but I wanted more. I told them I would be using two 360mm radiators, they then made a custom solution for me in the form of a standalone base that can hold two radiators with a res/pump between them like a pedestal. I took this idea and started printing brackets to have it attached to the XL-ATX bench as a third bottom tiered section.

I will be 3D printing a dual PSU bracket, SSD brackets to hold 4 SSDs and new bench posts to accomodate a third tier. Dual PSU? Am I crazy? Why?

The CPU, RAM and GPU are made to be easily swappable for various testing, so soft tubing was a must for certain parts.

The custom dual PSU cable done by PC Mods Canada is basically an 18-pin extension with a bridge to PS_ON and ground for the second PSU. This way I don't have to have two 24-pin cables and one more for the bridge to the motherboard. This also enables me to have a Kill-a-Watt one the power supply to determine the actual GPU power draw from the PSU. The 290X will be in the last slot of the motherboard with quick disconnects for testing watercooled GPUs

Last edited: 26 Oct 2017
  2. Duality92

How do you fill an Eisplateau? Like this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Duality92

Sleeved the pump cables in Darkside Carbon, I'll be removing the connectors again to pass it through the passthrough.

[​IMG]

4. Duality92

5. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

looking forward to updates!

6. Duality92

7. Duality92

So today I got a few things done. I test fitted my 3D printed side combs to keep the cables in check (keep in mind, these screws are only temporary!). I replaced the stock rubber standoffs that the HighSpeedPC.com test bench come with, with regular standoffs for a more permanent solution. I installed the MNPCTech custom aluminium machined feet with alternate position for the radiator side, I have either symetrical for the test bench itself or I have offset to help with the uneven weight of the vertical pedastal type setup I have.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

what are the cooling fans, brand and model?

9. Duality92

These are alphacool branded Noiseblocker 1250RPM E-Loops. Regular E-Loops are white bladed usually, there's also Phobya branded ones which has red transparent blades.

10. Duality92

First batch of final pictures, M4 screws for cables holders remain :) waiting on them to arrive, long lead time though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]