1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows WIn95 Login pass HELp

Discussion in 'Software' started by BURNER-X, 17 Oct 2003.

1. BURNER-X

BURNER-X What's a Dremel?

I got an old Dell comp at a yardsale otherday. I was shocked to find it booted right up only problem is there is a password....
    How can I get around the windows95 login pass? Is there a way through dos? What file should I Look for?
    :wallbash:

2. Bruno_me

Bruno_me Fake-ad‎min

hit cancel?

3. quack

quack Minimodder

You only need a password for Win9x systems to keep track of all your other passwords (ie Outlook Express, Outlook etc).

You can remove all the users already set up on the PC by going to C:\Windows and deleting all the *.pwl files.

4. BURNER-X

Thank you very much guys I'll give these a try and let you know how it goes

5. BURNER-X

It worked thanks another problem now.
    I got in ran fdisk now when I restart the dell I can't get it to boot to floppy drive there are no sittings in the cmose for it I checked and tapping f8 during boot dosen't seem to work = ( is there another way to make it boot to floppy I need to format the harddrive now after fdisk :wallbash:

6. Hargle

Hargle What's a Dremel?

If you really can't get it to boot from anything but the hard drive (I expect there is a way to get it to try and boot from other devices first though) you could always stick the drive in another pc, set up your partitions, format and then copy across the files you need for it to be bootable in the target machine.

7. BURNER-X

Thanks Hargle
    Thats just what I was thinking I'll try the boot from other devices and see what happens then just toss harddrive into another rig if no luck. People are careless the guy who tossed out this old comp failed to delete/fdisk his harddrive he was an accountant the computer had random emails peoples personal financial information, phone numbers, addresses fun reading throught it all but in the end i Just deleted it. I could have sent him emails or even snail mail for days messing with him so much personal information on this computer. if you can pickup old comps from yard sales it's a FUN READ :D

Tags: