1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Robot Wars S9

Discussion in 'General' started by Gunsmith, 6 Mar 2017.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

One could argue it is the TV that has made 'the masses' dumber. Why is it that University challenge does not feel the need to tell us the rules every program but tosh like Pointless does?

2. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

I think its more down to the internet, but then again I don't watch a lot of TV well except for 6pm Simpsons.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

What has the internet got to do with dumbing down of TV programming?
    As for the Simpsons you would be hard pushed to watch an episode that has been repeated umpteen times from a channel that bought a whole new level of dumbed down TV.

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Depends what you do with it tbh. One of my main interests is psychology and studying people worse than me. So serial killers and murderers, basically. And I have spent many months watching docus and forensic shows and so on. Another fave of mine is the U.S series "The First 48". Unlike nearly all American TV is isn't over done and tacky. I hated "junkyard wars" or whatever it was. It's scrap heap challenge, you f*******g bellends.

I hate it when they take our shows and run them through the cheese mill. Wheeler Dealers has been given a dose of it. I feel bad for the new bloke who replaced Ed.. But yeah, everything I watch is to learn. Everything. I can't do fantasy it's all factual for me.

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Man that was a weak episode, shame thor lucked out. He's a stellar operator

6. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Really unlucky for him as they said that flipper is on one this series. Magnetar does looks pretty good, interesting how itll fair against Carbide will be interesting.

7. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Looks more reliable this year, although none of the robots this week really challenged it, I hope they can make it to a carbide fight its always good to see 2 kinetic weapons collide.

8. Vault-Tec

Yeah watched about half of it last night. Absolute cack. No fault of the show, just crap bots. Will watch the other half tonight.

9. Vault-Tec

OK watched it all yesterday. Was a bit cack. Final was good though. I must say I am not a fan of the guy that lost. He seems very self obsessed etc (even having his name stitched onto his Tshirt) but that may just be me.

The right man won, and I look forward to seeing the next ep :) (last I think :( )

10. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

It's a real shame how lacking the most recent episode was, really hoping for some major destruction in the finale.

Really a shame that Thor had some really unlucky moments... I'd quite like to see him try a flipper weapon on that robot, I imagine he'd do amazing with his driving skills using one of those.

Magnetar looks to have made some decent improvements since Pulsar last season, the magnets to anchor it to the arena floor are an interesting feature... not sure how that'll help with a flipper.
    I have a feeling that when/if Magnetar faces Carbide it'll be a case of who's robot malfunctions first.

11. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

But then you couldn't really call the robot Thor then could you ? Would loved to have seen him win if it wasn't for the fact he had his C02 cylinder punctured, twice I reckon he would have though.

12. Vault-Tec

Epic. Just.. Epic. I won't drop any spoilers for those who didn't watch it live but bugger me that was the best thing ever. Literally tears of joy streaming down my face at the end.

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yeah, that was thoroughly enjoyable, some real surprise moments. An excellent way to round off the series.

14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

**** I forgot this was on. Gonna go make some tea and catch up

15. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Hmmmmmm, wrong winner in my opinion.

16. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

They scored the points at the end with all the flips, they showed more control as well pushing carbide around the arena when their weapon was malfunctioning

17. Vault-Tec

The melee thing was just the best thing ever. I wish there were more competitors and they did that more often.

The final was close. Very, very close. But the right robot won I reckon.

18. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

Great season finale, thoroughly enjoyed that season! Was expecting the result to go the other way, but was glad with the way it went.

Personally I think that Eruption won on control, Carbide won on damage (though that's also debatable as carbides weapon was broken and Eruption's wasn't), and then aggression was the decider. Carbide was initially the more aggressive but Eruption definitely ended the aggressor. Very very close one to call.

19. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Shame it was such a short season, but barring the previous episode, there was plenty to enjoy.

Eruption was definitely a worthy winner. To come out of the 10 robot rumble, get through the previous rounds, then not only survive the full time against Carbide, but actually have it running away by the end of the match was a proper fairy-tale victory. Highlight of the final was Nutz knocking Carbides chain off, then using the mini-bot to almost immobilise it - masterful.

20. Vault-Tec

lmao I was so happy when that little **** finally got smashed :D hahahahaha very handy though ! Yeah, definitely agree on the winner. Mr Bean did well (lol) deffo deserved the win IMO. Nutz was just nutz. Literally four freak shots got them really far ! If you watch the slo mo playback jesus, the places he needed to hit.. Just crazy !.