1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

During the Kickstarter campaign it was priced at £240 for the top-end cased model with RTC, Wi-Fi, and Pi, then you could add £99 to get the base board early as an extra.

I have to track this stuff for my accountant to use at tax time, so I'm pretty sure those numbers are right!

Last edited: 6 Dec 2017
  2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Is that your accountant whose office you fly over to in the Cayman Islands once a year Gareth? :eyebrow::lol:

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

To quote The Simpsons, "I cannot divulge information about that customer's secret, illegal account."

But, seriously, my accountant's a dude in Halifax. I pay him a surprising amount of money a month, but it comes with the guarantee that he'll work for free to handle any audit HMRC decides to put me through. Worth it just for peace of mind, I reckon.

4. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Canon 6D ( I wish i could say it was a Mk2 but the rest of the money is going towards a lens).

I wanted to go full frame for a long time but find I need the picture quality and low-light focus performance my 1200D can't provide.

5. Gareth Halfacree

Oh, while I'm here, also this:

[​IMG]

CRKT Liong Mah #5, brought back from the dead as a limited edition by Heinne Haynes - complete with the company's iconic red scales. Non-locking, UK legal, £25 (plus postage).

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yep, right around what I thought it would cost :D.

7. Gareth Halfacree

This is proving an expensive month...

[​IMG]

Nikon f/1.8 35mm AF-S DX lens
    . I've got the 50mm, but with the crop factor on my toy SLR it comes out at 75mm - which means it ain't too hot for studio work. I use my 40mm macro for most stuff as a result, but it's a bit smooth for shots of full pieces of hardware - so figured a 35mm non-macro will crop to around 50mm and make things a lot easier.

8. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Finally allowed to by airsoft weapons again without it having to be two toned so i got a 1911.

[​IMG]

9. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Ditto
    .Well I hope ditto, all I did was sen the wife a copy of the email they sent me and told her to stop asking me what I wanted for xmas.

10. Gareth Halfacree

Fingers crossed. Mine arrived today and it's lovely - taken an edge nicely and opens smoothly single-handedly (albeit with a stop at 90 degrees) while the finger choil's chunky enough that I don't mind the fact it's non-locking.

Last edited: 7 Dec 2017
  11. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Yeah, I've got a #6 (half serrated) already.
    They take some getting used to after a super firm back spring knife like a Boker, they can be closed very easily.

12. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Hue hue hue hue hue hue hue... thanks to Amazon.es daily deals and Amazon.co.uk 3-for-2, total of around £160

1x Gen 2 Bridge, 1x Dimmer, 1x Motion sensor, 6x E27 White, 2x E27 Ambiance, 1x B22 Ambiance

I'm going to have to start thinking about how to deal with that 50x bulb limit soon :worried:

13. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

[​IMG]

Had it a week now, still can quite get over the fact I have a brand new car, certainly one off the bucket list :D

Mister_Tad likes this.
  14. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Nice motor, I had an i30 as a hire car once and really liked it. The interior just felt better than the competition.

Behemoth likes this.
  15. Behemoth

Thanks its a lovely ride and the quality of the interior is very nice. Its only a 1 Litre 3 cylinder petrol turbo engine packing 120 BHP, it really packs a punch when you put your foot down on the loud pedal. It sounds like its something much more powerful has a lovely growl too. I got such a good deal on the so called scrapage scheme offered by Hyundai. They gave me £4,000 off the list price of the car plus a further £1000 for my old car.

Scared poopless mind that I'm going to scratch it or curb the alloys.

16. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

1 litre, 120 BHP, madness!

I've been avoiding kerbs like the plague since I swapped up from a 16 year old 3 series; better safe than sorry.

17. Behemoth

I was going for that or the Kia C'eed with the same engine (same car) but after looking at them both I just felt the Hyundai was the better quality product of the two cars. Already had a Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi.

Given where I live I am dreading the day the Shite Awks poop on it. They really can ruin decent paint with just one poop.

18. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I’ve got the Fiesta Red Edition with a 1 litre 140bhp. So much fun and makes a great noise.

Treat yourself to a tank of super now and then for even more fun!

Hyundai own Kia. Kia are very much the bargain equivalent and I agree with your assessment regarding trim level etc.

19. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 2 Jan 2018
  20. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Changed mobile provider to dommel.com.
    Ridiculously good prices (to Belgian standards) if you rarely call, text, or use mobile data like me. Literally 1/5th the price of everything in the equivalent pay-per-use plan with my previous provider. Great coverage too apparently, and all online reviews I've found are positive.

Made an account Wednesday, received a new SIM card Friday. Today (not even a workday) my old number got transferred to them and the service became fully functional. All without paying a single cent - my previous provider demanded 10 fecking euros just to swap my old standard SIM for a nano sized one!
    I'm actually pretty astounded there's no catch. Feels like one of those too-good-to-be-true deals, but it seems I'm getting away with it.