1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Cryptocurrency

Discussion in 'General' started by MLyons, 6 Dec 2017.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

So, you'll be spending £15 in electricity to get about £30 in Ether? That's pretty good going! When I bring my old SHA256 miner out of retirement - I'm just waiting on a second-hand power supply to arrive - I'll be spending £15 in electricity to earn about £5 in Bitcoin...

(I'm doing it because then I can spend £15 in electricity to get £15's worth of heat and £5 of Bitcoin for free, compared to warming myself with a normal electric heater and spending £15 to get £15 of heat and nowt else.)

2. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

According to the GPU-Z I'm at 64% TDP, and I've turned the heating down a bit too!

I have locked down the online wallet with 2FA, so fingers crossed.

3. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Both ETH and LTC on a run overnight - If I sold up everything I had now I would have made just shy of £400 in 10 days... Not bad for a newbie only using Coinbase and some guesswork!

Holding onto my 3 Litecoin's for now, gonna see where this Ether run ends up before I decide what I want to do with that, £150 in BTC is also going to be left to mature - seems a pretty good bet it's gonna go on a mad one in the new year!

EDIT:

ETH up 20% overnight, get it while it's hot, boys!

Last edited: 19 Dec 2017
  4. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

More fuel for the conspiracy theorists: BCH price nearly doubles in the last ~2 days, Coinbase adds BCH for Coinbase/GDAX, they then halt trading as the price continues to shoot up further and open an investigation into insider trading.

5. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Oh jeez. I can believe it...

Shame BTC crashed hard yesterday! I know it's recovering now, but I missed a chance to make $2k+ ... balls.

6. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I got a early signal got in, watched it go to .34 didn't sell, sold for about where i started... what a complete crapstorm lmao.

I also had 15k verge yesterday at 340 and sold at 380.... now wtfff

7. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Last couple of days have been mad - even to my uneducated eyes! Everything is up and down like a crack addict with a yo-yo.

Everything I have invested after my initial run is currently in the red, not by much (not even enough to really hurt my previous profits tbh), but hoping a new floor gets set after each of these dips and it gets back on steady ground.

Apparently a big Litecoin announcement is due soon - some are speculating Ebay or Amazon payments, but I won't chuck money at it until we get a clearer hint.

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Holy hell, people are buying Antminer S3s on FleaBay for >£300 - I paid £65 for mine!

I should get a listing made and flog it - it only makes about 25p a day...

9. TheMadDutchDude

That they are. Get rid of it. :D

10. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

£300 for an S3? Almost as stupid as a £30 hdmi cable.
    That said, sell it and laugh at the buyer.

11. Gareth Halfacree

Thought the S3 had died, then: woke up this morning with it beeping at me, and a reboot had nothing in the Miner Status screen. Turns out that the DigiHash pool I was using ain't responding any more, and that "can't reach any pools" shows up in the Antminer dashboard as "HOLY CRAP I CAN'T SEE THE BOARDS ANY MORE!" - nothing in the ASIC status, nothing in the pool status, not even anything in the fan speed monitor(!)

Stuck a different pool in there and all's well with the world - which means I can get on with selling the thing on FleaBay...

12. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Ripple appears to be on the rise folks!

Also i seem to have some ETH lost in space on Coinbase, sent 2 days ago and it's just sitting pending. No confirmations, no transaction hash, nothing. Anyone else had similar issues?

13. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Growing speculation that Litecoin could be doing some kind of deal with Facebook - Charlie Lee's selling of all his coins to avoid "conflict of interest" being part of the deal.

Dis could be big, could be nutin'... Either way, it'll be a fun ride!

14. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Had it a couple of weeks ago with a normal ETH transaction.
    [​IMG]

15. TheMadDutchDude

I've grown to not read into those rumours too much. It affects the pricing far too much because of gullible people.

16. Gareth Halfacree

Whee! Crypto Christmas Sale, everyone: almost all coins between 25-50% off for a limited period. Fill yer boots!

Ripple, interestingly, is more or less holding. Makes me glad I hadn't got around to rebalancing my portfolio after the last spike!

17. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Definitely sailing a red sea this morning. Managed to bring my average buy price down for everything with a couple of top-ups maxing out my weekly allowance. Bought my 3 Litecoins back for less than I sold them for, which I am happy about.

Now time to sit and wait!

18. Mongwopman

Mongwopman King Ding-a-ling!

Red across the board today! I dont have much and am slowly building up my litecoin and eth. Sad to see it all in decline 2 days running now.

19. Gareth Halfacree

Ripple's getting some mainstream news love as the biggest coin not to take an absolute bath today - up 10% in the last 24 hours. That'll do me nicely - it's more than covering the drops in my other holdings!

20. Xir

Xir Modder

is there an EASY article somewhere where this Connection "Mining<->online wallet<->Exchange<->Paper wallet<->Hardware wallet is shown?
    (and I'm sure I got it wrong, and am missing at least the "real world-real Money" Connection)