1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matrix Revolutions (Warner Village) [Possible spoilers]

Discussion in 'General' started by :: kna ::, 18 Oct 2003.

1. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

In case anyone is interested, Warner Villiage are now taking bookings online for Revolutions.

Bristol has sold out already for the 13:00 showing on the 5th!

2. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Booked mine for 5th @ 8:30pm. Great seats. :D

3. Shadowspawn

Shadowspawn Another hated American.

Anybody watching the previews? One I saw last night had Neo standing...the human neo, not the two matrix ones, standing before a machine and explaining to it that only he can get rid of the virus known as Smith.

4. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Next time spoiler tags would be nice. :rolleyes:

5. Shadowspawn

I don't get it? Its a preview! They are all over the tv. Its not like I went and saw it and told everyone all the good stuff.

6. jpb

jpb What's a Dremel?

TV spots and movie trailers. I dl'd the trailer with this line in it a while ago. Not much spoilage, if any, IMO.

7. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

I saw the trailer too, but at no point did it mention 3 neo's.

8. jpb

jpb What's a Dremel?

I think you're making something out of nothing. He said the human Neo, not the matrix Neo. As for saything that there were two, maybe he mis typed. I've seen nothing to indicate two Neos in the maxtrix, and I doubt that there are.

Besides, if there are two, what's the big deal. Smith can copy himself, why not Neo figures it out as well.

9. :: kna ::

Ok, from the trailers (so no spoilers) it's clear that Neo is in some kind of limbo world where he is talking to 'the machines' in both the Matrix and the Real world.

I think the third Neo is being confused because the line between the two worlds is now blurred.

10. best49erfan

best49erfan What's a Dremel?

in the trailer, the oracle says that neo is between the real world and the machine world.

11. Liquid K9

Liquid K9 Human programmer.. heh

can we PLEASE get this overwith?

I have been waiting litterally years to get a complete collection of LOTRs & The matrix - its becomming unbearable :sigh:

12. Shadowspawn

Ok gentlemen, I sense some confusion here.

Something you apparently missed from the second movie and that is supported by the trailers for Revolution is this:

You have the world that you and I are apart of every day and that Neo was pulled out of. This is refered to as the "Matrix". You have what is referred to as the "real" world of Zion(sp?) and the earth with a scorched sky. In the second movie the architect quite clearly explained that Zion is simply part of the Matrix. Neo, Trinity, Morpheus and everyone else in Zion are still part of the Matrix. Making them believe that they were not was the only way to make the Matrix stable, as every human needed to make the decision to be part of the Matrix or not to be part of the Matrix "even if only on a subconcious level".

These two levels of the Matrix is where I got the two Neo's from. The one that is capable of doing all the "super neo" stuff while dressed in leather coats and sunglasses and the more normal Neo that dresses in rags and screws Trinity.

Now, at the end of Reloaded, Neo said that he could sense the Sentinels and was able to shut them down with a wave of his hand before collapsing.

Now, in the trailer, we have a third Neo, messed up, wearing a purple blindfold standing before a machine being told to "speak". He then tells it that it has a program called Smith that has grown beyond its control and only he, Neo, can stop it. So, what has happened is that Neo has outgrown the Matrix. He can stop the programs within the Matrix on demand. This means that either he fried his connection to the Matrix, or the machines pulled him from it as soon as he shut down those Sentinels. Either way, Neo is in the REAL(c) world, free from the Matrix at last. Now, obviously he goes back into the Matrix to face Smith.

What we do not know is what the fate of the human race will be after Smith is destroyed.

Clear as mud?

EDIT: Upon rereading my post, thought I would clarify. Yes, all the Neo's are the same person, just two of them are in different levels of the Matrix and the third Neo is disconnected.

Last edited: 19 Oct 2003
  13. best49erfan

best49erfan What's a Dremel?

clear to me!

14. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

I know what you mean. Once The Matrix, LOTR and Kill Bill are over, it's going to feel like a weight off my chest.

Isn't it funny how anticipation can quickly turn into loathing?

15. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

just a quick question: does anyone know if they're going to have a collector's set of all three movies (maybe four if you include the animatrix too) for sale once they've all come out?

anyways, Shadowspawn, i got what you were saying

hehe :worried: :p :lol: :D

16. |Jedi|

|Jedi| What's a Dremel?

when is the film premier over there?

Here in Argentina is November 5th

17. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

Nov 5! her also. Thank you shadow spawn. That is the explanation I have been trying to form on my own and you did it for me thanks! :thumb:

18. :: kna ::

No he didn't. Or if he did, care to explain where?

The Architect simply states that he knows people don't accept the programming and that is why they're released. (They don't escape; the whole point of Neo picking 23 people is to start releasing people who don't accept the programming).

If Zion is inside the Matrix, why not simply 'turn it off' instead of destroying it?

A matrix inside a matrix is just speculation by people from what they've seen of the end of the film and the trailers. Up until that point we're still led to believe it's two seperate things.

Isn't this just the Neo from the 'Real World' .. I don't see a third Neo, I just see continuation of the story from when he controls the sentinels. There's only one Neo, the story will be telling where he is at any given time.

The blindfold thing I think is because there's a line "Bring me the eyes of the Oracle", and then later in the trailer Neo has a blindfold on with Blood stains around it. (Remember in Reloaded the Oracle says 'You have the gift now.." or something).

19. Johnny Napalm

Johnny Napalm What's a Dremel?

I think that's a nailed-on certainty. After they've flogged to death Reloaded, there'll be a 4 disc collectors set of each film, then finally a mammoth £120 box set just to drain the last dregs from the wallets of the faithful. Standard marketing practice for film franchises.

20. quack

quack Minimodder

Woo, booked 3 seats on the 5th also, 20:00 showing, will have to make sure we show up nice and early to get a decent place in the cinema, something tells me it'll be packed. :eeek: