1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Cryptocurrency

Discussion in 'General' started by MLyons, 6 Dec 2017.

1. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Is it in a "install the client and run a node without futzing about" state yet? If I'm going to sit on some BTC for a while it may as well be tied up in Lightning contracts than just idling in a wallet.

2. subset7

subset7 Spanking the Monkey

Decided against cashing in at the moment and bought a 12 month 9TH/s mining contract with Hashflare and reinvesting,so we'll see how that goes,this can become addictive,but hey ho,nothing ventured nothing gained.

3. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

How much did that cost you??

4. subset7

subset7 Spanking the Monkey

0.142 BTC,about £1500,i'm up over 500% on my other coin investments overall so i'm now thinking of just holding and diversifying a bit,if it all goes tits up then it'll have been an interesting and exhilarating ride,if not I might be able to retire early :clap:

5. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I made $700 on my LTC investment, and could have made another $500 if I just held for a little while longer. Damn it!!

I guess I can’t complain too much as it was over the space of literally a few hours. More money in the pot means more to invest! :)

6. Mongwopman

Mongwopman King Ding-a-ling!

Binance has CRAZY withdrawal fee's!!! Just tried to withdraw my fun coins to my wallet and they want 80 FUN in withdrawal fee's! WTF!?

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

This is one thing you can't dwell on too much with investing and trading - hindsight is 20:20, and many an amateur has driven themselves mad looking at what might have been.

Use a low return as an opportunity to lean, by all means, but let it cloud your judgement.

TheMadDutchDude likes this.
  8. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

nevermind.

Last edited: 6 Jan 2018
  9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Having a nightmare getting verified on any exchanges which accept fiat currency... Only one I'm verified with is Coinfloor, but their minimum deposit is £2.5k - haven't got that sort of cash kicking around!

10. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

If you're not buying the sort of volume that'd give my bank an ess-aitch-one-tee fit I'd be happy to pick you up whatever crypto you're after and have you do a bank transfer to me. I'm verified on GDAX, Bitfinex, Binance, and Solidi - and a couple of others I've forgotten.

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

That's kind of you to offer Mr Halfacree, however it seems that Coinbase verifications are actually going through this morning, so I managed to get myself sorted. Thanks for the offer though!

12. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Too true. I put a couple grand into ZEC last week off the back of a coin flip, quite literally. Dumped it just now for a 55% gain. Good coin.

MLyons likes this.
  13. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I finally got into this after some time of reluctance and an initial go at it a few months ago (I had just 50 XRP when it was about 15 eurocents. Now it's over 2€, bugger). Picked up some FunFair and Tron and just gonna let it sit and see where it takes me.

14. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

So... as someone with no money and hardware that isn't profitable to mine on [curse you high electricity prices]...

...any way for a lowly peasant like me to get in on the bandwagon. Even if it's a set, forget, hope it's worth something this time next year type of a deal.

15. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Any amount of money in anything mentioned in this whole thread may or may not pay off.

If you want a lot of coins in something developing even putting ten or twenty quid each in funfair, lumens, tron, ripple could net you anything from a full loss to a ten or twenty times or more return in 12 or 24 months. If you hang onto them 5 years they might give you a 10,000 x return like BTC. Never know.

I think the important thing to bear in mind is that the last wave of “the next BITCOIN” has gone from cents/dollars to hundreds of dollars in the last year and more will start to.

I’d say one safe bet is that BTC will keep going up. But it’s now more like stocks and shares where you’re going to see single digit or low double digit returns which if you just want to roll the dice and wait for fortune means it’s not as appropriate.

16. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Yeah, when I say no money I mean I have 32p to my name atm. I simply wondering if there was an inroad that didn't require me to have a load of cash [or even just cash] and/or expensive hardware.

Seems the answer is no.

Feels like everyone's profiting from this stuff but me and it's getting me down[er than i already am],

17. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Found this the other night.

www.kryptex.org/en/

I have a 1050ti kicking around, Planning to put a rig together and leave running at work for a bit to see what it can do.

18. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Sure there is: faucets. Dating back to the early days of Bitcoin, a faucet is a website absolutely piggin' FILLED with adverts. The owner puts a bunch of Bitcoin - or any other crypto, these days - in a wallet then offers small amounts of it to visitors in exchange for them watching the adverts. The amounts are tiny - the value of the crypto given out has to be less than the revenue from advertising, or the site owner wouldn't bother - but if the value of a given coin goes up, so does the value of the tiny amount you hold from the faucet.

If you search for "NAMEOFCOIN faucet," you'll find plenty - there are even Ripple faucets, but that's not a great one to start with as you'll lock up 20 XRP in your first wallet and with Ripple currently bouncing between £1.50 and £2 it'd take you an age to earn that 20 XRP. (The first one I found on a quick search, satoshibakery, pays out between 0.01513867 and 0.03027734 XRP. If we assume the 'chosen randomly' is true and it's not weighted to the bottom, that's an average of 0.022708005 XRP. You can claim every 15 minutes, so if you did that for eight hours a day you'd get 0.72665616 Ripple plus 'daily bonuses' - call it 0.8. Don't miss a day and you'll hit your 20 XRP wallet activation in 25 days, after which you start earning actual Ripple - hence me saying to pick something else!)

19. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Looks similar to Nicehash which is what I'm trying at the moment :)

20. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

From their twitter Binance says they're temporarily open again for new user registrations.