1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Cryptocurrency

Discussion in 'General' started by MLyons, 6 Dec 2017.

1. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Yup, if you buy some BNB, the fees are 50% lower and are deducted from BNB (which gets rid of the pesky decimal points that then get eaten up by Binance because you can only exchange up to a certain amount of decimal houses).

2. Mongwopman

Mongwopman King Ding-a-ling!

Hmmm, didnt know that. Thanks i'll look into this.

3. Mongwopman

Anyone got any experience with cryptomate.co.uk ?

4. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Any of you lot interested in buying some Eth / BTC? I've got Eth but I usually send it to the exchange to convert it into BTC then sell that on through LBC. I thought I'd give you guys a shout before hitting up localbitcoins. This isn't a FS post, I'll happily set one up if somebody is interested.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

6. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Now that I've been able to add my bank account to Kraken I am closer to being able to withdraw my BTC to EUR, it's down at the moment, reckon it'll head back up soonish or should I just cash out now? Lost about 60EUR in the last week as it's headed down.

7. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Just wait, George. It’s always up and down. Give it a couple of days or a week and it’ll be back up.

8. Mongwopman

keep hitting refresh, i find i need to do that constantly with Kraken, which is a reason I stopped using them.

9. GeorgeStorm

Yeah it's an awful site haha, only reason I'm using it is a friend successfully got real money out via it without crazy fees etc.

10. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

About 7 or 8 months ago Kraken worked really well (was my first short venture into crypto). I put money easily into it and got money easily out of it. But the constant 520 got really old really quickly, so I went down the Coinbase/GDAX + Binance route now. Much happier.

11. GeorgeStorm

How easy is it to get real money out from those?

12. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I quickly skimmed the last three or four pages and didn't see mention so if I've missed it apologies in advance, but has anyone noticed a slow down in hash rates since the meltdown/spectre patches?

I was reading some people have experienced a 40% decline in Monero mining and was wondering if a slowdown was exclusive to that particular cryptocurrency, if other mining leans heavily on IO or system-calls.

13. subset7

subset7 Spanking the Monkey

I've used it a few times,the only problem I've had is it'll timeout sometimes when you try and make a purchase,not sure why,only thing I can think of is that there aren't many vendors online,other than that it's pretty straight foreward and easy to use.

14. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Eesh. Woke up to a -25% sea of red. Crossing my fingers that Ripple's Q4 report brings good news and a nice spike, then I've got my eye on a few others to diversify into.

Coinbase? Dead easy. Send some cash to Coinbase via SEPA (their bank account is in Estonia), which takes about a week and only needs to be done once; when you're wanting to cash out, sell your crypto for Euros and request a SEPA transfer to your now-linked bank account. You'll have it in two working days, with a following wind.

15. Mongwopman

Same here, even my FUN has taken a hammering!!

16. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Certainly not FUN today. :(

17. GeorgeStorm

Yeah, fair enough, reason I didn't sign up is my friend who was with me at the time hadn't been verified on there for weeks whereas Kraken went straight through.

18. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Looks like the market's recovering a bit from whatever that was: only down about 13% across my portfolio now. Eth's doing the best, up 3% - which means my £10 which became £15 is now £17. Retirement in sight!

19. GeorgeStorm

Just need to commit, add some 0s to the investment so you can retire tomorrow :D

20. Gareth Halfacree

It gives me enough heartache when my current investment drops by a third for no apparent reason, I ain't going up a few orders of magnitude!

In other news, that Stellar Lumen inflation pool thing actually worked: I've had a deposit of 0.5970249 XLM, which is... twenty something pence? Give it a couple of months and that'll add up to a pint, that will!