1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Cryptocurrency

Discussion in 'General' started by MLyons, 6 Dec 2017.

1. Mongwopman

Mongwopman King Ding-a-ling!

I bought some VEn this morning, nothing major, just a very small amount, so lets see.

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

VeChain's one I'm looking to diversify into - it's very clever tech with real-world applications and active partnerships. If you want to spread your risk, have a look at Walton (WTC) - it's basically the same thing, but is flying a bit further under the radar at the moment.

3. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

If you keep it for another year you'll maybe have 10x what you have now. Long term gain ;)
    Back up to 23% gain too.

The thing that's got me confused most is TRON. There's a massive interest in it, loads of trading going on. But the value is varying by only a few pence real terms up and down.

The people trading it must literally gain a few quid, then lose it, and go round and round in circles never really making any money. Weird.

TRON is reading a volume over a quarter million, FUN reading 3500. Wtf. It must literally be people trading the decimal places with each other.

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I'd rather have a 100% chance of earning 1750% on my initial deposit than a 1% of making 10,000%...

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Bah, the Opendime on my keyring now says this:

opendime-unsealed.png

That's despite the heatshrink covering the unsealing resistor being completely intact. The inventor's saying carrying it on a keyring is stoopid - in which case, why build a keyring loop into it? - but it's not like the thing's visibly damaged. It looks fine:

DTRnZvKXcAAmk7d.jpg

That resistor marked 103 is what you pop off to unseal the device after cutting off the heatshrink, and the heatshrink hasn't shifted a millimetre since purchase. Boo-urns.

6. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

did you lose anything because of it?

7. Gareth Halfacree

Nah. Well, aside from the £15 or so an Opendime landed in the UK costs you.

8. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I don’t carry my Ledger around whatsoever. It’s locked in my fireproof box and only comes out when I want to make a deposit or withdrawal.

9. Gareth Halfacree

Ripple Labs has announced that MoneyGram is piloting xRapid and Ripple-the-currency for money transfers. Big!

10. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm guessing that was responsible for the $0.30 surge

11. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Only vaguely crypto related as i'm trying to pick up a couple of additional mining cards. Spotted a Vega56 on amazon (via marketplace) for £479 new so decided to take a punt.

Ordered yesterday, seller marks card as dispatched same day, then issues "refunds" greater than what I had paid. No communication and no tracking number. Something fishy me thinks. Seller is now no longer listed on Amazon either.

[​IMG]

Anyone come across this before?

12. MLyons

They may be doing the fraud card bait and switch tactic.

13. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

So take my payment into one account then use a stolen or dodgy different account to refund? I guess I’m not in for a big (or even any) refund then?

14. MLyons

Essentially. It's mainly done to hotels. They book using a stolen card then get a refund to their real card claiming they lost their card and this is the new one. It would be trickier/weirder to pull off on amazon due to the reversal of how money is moved but I can see how it would sort of make sense. I wouldn't lose all hope yet, mistakes happen but it is a thing done sometimes.

15. Zoon

Given Amazon are the payment processor you'll get your money back and they'll just stop or reverse it from the fraudster.

In this kind of situation I'd say take the refund and scarper (as it's enough to stretch to a 64 now) but I think the sensible thing in case you are stuffed out of the money somehow is to live chat or phone Amazon CS and make sure you're actually getting your original amount back.

16. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

It’s all on a credit card so I’m dandy in terms of refund. I was more interested in how they did it.

Getting the money back is one thing, but finding RX or Vega cards in stock at a sensible prices is another thing all together.

17. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

You'll struggle to find a 56 in stock at a reputable shop for that, much less a 64, even CCL who had them limited to 1 per customer has run out, while others like AWD-IT and Ebuyer have purged Vega from their sites entirely.
    The only cheap Vega cards are currently ones like this with no genuine indication in what year it would be delivered.

18. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Or just sit somewhere in-between: some money in crypto, some crowd-investments, some stocks/shares, a pension plan and a cash ISA. Maybe I should also buy a chunk of Palladium to hide under the mattress too?

19. Mongwopman

Mongwopman King Ding-a-ling!

Having just got some XLM, could you explain this to me a little bit please?

20. Zoon

I haven’t actually followed the linked instructions myself yet. But the process describes free XLM in interest. All you gotta do is hold your coins in the wallet instead of the exchange which is preferable anyway. Wallets for some coins require you keep a minimum balance. At the moment XLM requires a minimum of 20 coins but they are changing it to 1 coin. That way you can extract all but the last 1 when you want to sell.

I’m going to wait for the announcement then free coins are free coins.