1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Violence is never the answer, but boy oh boy would it be a good giggle giving that man a kicking.

3. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

Monty Python is exactly what I was thinking of. Davis in particular leaves me gobsmacked with his utter lack of self-awareness. He's something like the tory village idiot cum rodeo clown. It doesn't help that he has possibly the most punchable face I've ever seen. If one was to ever make a case for bullying and used a poster with Davis's face and the phrase "I think we've had enough of experts", I think I might be ambivalent on the issue.

4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I'd like to give him a slap just for sucking on a sweet during his appearance before the comity who he used his jedi mind trick on when he claimed these are not impact assesments you're looking for.

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I feel conflicted about that. I mean, would I punch Davis in the face first, or Johnson? Decisions, decisions!

A friend of mine said that Gove has the kind of face he could slap all day and night, and he would never get tired. His wife would be like, "Honey, it's late, are you coming to bed yet?" and he'd be like, "No you go on ahead sweetie, I'm alright for a few hours longer..." as he pounds Gove's face to a satisfying mush.

Guest-23315 likes this.
  6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Davis. Easily.

7. Nexxo

I suppose it's one of those scenarios where it's impossible to make the wrong choice. :p

8. RedFlames

For you i thought it'd be Hunt first...

9. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Nah, Boris's one redeaming feature is that he gives a stonking after dinner speech.

And the associated meme's as well.

10. Nexxo

It's all about priorities.
    Perhaps Boris thought the Leave campaign was an after dinner speech, and then he woke up hung over on June 24th and realised that it had been a referendum. Only way to explain his reaction to winning since.

Guest-23315 likes this.
  11. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Would that honestly surprise you though?

12. Nexxo

Actually it would be the first thing in this whole debacle that made perfect sense.

13. RedFlames

So you reckon Both Brexit and the Trump presidency are basically the political equivalents of 'The Producers'.

14. Nexxo

Don't be silly. One is a ridiculous story of implausible contrivance, caricaturistically corrupt incompetents and plain bad taste and shock value; the other is a superb Mel Brooks comedy.

15. Nexxo

OK. So now new poll by BMG Research finds that 57 per cent would back a second referendum if the UK was to leave the EU with no deal. And if it did go to another referendum, there's now also a narrow majority for Remain.

Just 28 per cent of Tory voters think that their party's Brexit position is clear. Just 28 per cent of Labour voters think that their party’s Brexit position is clear. And 26 per cent for Lib Dem voters think the same of their party. Clear?

Meanwhile, one and a half year later, the government is still dicking about, and the best pro-Brexit argument that BoJo can make is rehashing the same discredited £350 million claim, only even more so.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 16 Jan 2018
  16. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

You would need a referendum to decide if you should have a referendum. Then have the referendum.

17. RedFlames

Need elections to vote in a pro-referendum party so they can have a referendum on whether to have a referendum on what biscuits will be served at the cabinet meeting that discusses whether to have another referendum on the EU.

18. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I've come to the conclusion there's no turning back from the situation the country now finds itself in, once the politicians opened pandora's box in their attempt to fix the growing schisms within their own parties the countries become divided and there's no way (IMO) to heal that rift.

19. Nexxo

[​IMG]
    I hereby stand for the Chocolate Chip Party.

I agree; I see no way how this can be reversed. But it also shows that the electorate is not prepared to accept a "no deal" and is already unhappy with their first encounter with the Breality of what Brexit means. This is one that the Tory party will never live down.

Last edited: 16 Jan 2018
  20. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Not only will they live it down but they will get voted in again (if they even get voted out). All it takes is one or two FU election cycles and then everyone forgets and votes for the party that fecked everything up.