1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G-gnome's Orac³ - Part 2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by G-gnome, 1 Sep 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goldberg

Goldberg Minimodder

Sorry to say this but personally I think cold cathodes really mess up the looks of a case.

G-gnome, after reading this article: http://bit-tech.net/review/271/
    And these lines:
    Can I conclude that the Noise Isolator is sitting somewhat "compressed" in the case? Did you place it in the way it ws or did you middify something on it??

2. dallas

dallas What's a Dremel?

The isolater, is below the LCD if I'm not mistaken, you can see what was done to it in the part 2 update on the first page of the thread. hope this helps

G-Gnome : just wanted to say once again excellent work, I'm counting the days to the next update.

3. Cyberon

Cyberon What's a Dremel?

Dunno how i came here, after eight hours of reading-drooling-dreaming and wondering; can you blame me :D

Ow boy, this is just :eeek: :duh: :jawdrop: :thumb: :wallbash: :clap: ****'in unbelievable, but you're doing just that :hip:

btw: i am from the Netherlands and registered today only to show you my sympathy for this jewel of art. I've read alot and i am truly proud to see there's some dutch blood flowing through your brains :p

It is a pleasure to wait for your next :dremel: , every single minute. Keep it comin' :clap: :D :clap:

4. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Agreed. No cold cathodes in this case.

Yes the noise isolator wouldn't fit properly. I had to use massive brute force to jam it in (thus the sides at the front are a little compressed - not noticable). It was a real pain in the ass to fit :( Hate to have to try and take it out of there!

Welcome Cyberon!

PolymerTim - very interesting... :eeek: :eeek: ;)

5. at_b

at_b What's a Dremel?

yo man...you must really hate homework
    gret work...you should be added as a facility to this board :lol:
    :D

6. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

This is sweet so far - how close to completion are you? :jawdrop:

7. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

I was looking at a couple of new posts on this thread before I went to bed last night and I ended up having a really weird dream and for some reason it had a stealthed motherboard in it :worried: It was just like a red metal chassis all around it and the cards and it was mounted externally.

G-gnome, your ideas are affecting my dreams!

I'm scared!

8. Cyberon

Cyberon What's a Dremel?

not only yours :D
    yesterday i had a nightmare, attack of the hoses :lol:

[ontopic]
    Btw, why didn't you approached the connections on the bottom the same way as the molex ? Would have add to the beaty of it.

9. BLaZEjjp

BLaZEjjp What's a Dremel?

First off, I'd like to say hi to everyone. I thought I had registered here earlier but I must have been mistaken. Im a regular at [H], Somewhat to Pheaton, and now I go here because I hear so much about it. You guys also seem to have the most active log's out of all the other forums. So I come back quite often.

OT = I just want you to know I refer to this mod as "the best computer mod I've ever seen", when showing my friends. I think this is simply beautiful.

And is anyone else with me when I say this has great potential in the MaxPC mag mod of the year contest??

EDIT: I am currently in the process of reading threw every update log you have put into this computer so far. And as I was reading today the thought came to me (yeah I know, its not practical/possible) But I was trying to figure out what color cooling liqued you would use? There are so many options, Clear, Blue, Green, Uv reactive. And then it hit me. Chrome... Mercury! Lol. Cool your case with mercury!

Hehe, I know, get realistic BLaZE.

Last edited: 21 Oct 2003
  10. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

There you have it, the :brrr: coolest :brrr: computer on the block.

11. BLaZEjjp

Alright I just finished reading all of orac3 - part 1.

No, I wasn't reading sence my last post ... :worried:

And I now see you are infact going with green liqued. So I answered my own question.

12. MaxWiz

MaxWiz What's a Dremel?

13. Fr0z3n

Fr0z3n What's a Dremel?

ROFL! :lol:

14. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Welcome to the forums! :)

MaxWiz - :lol: Outstanding!

BLaZEjjp - Thanks for the nice words :) I haven't thought much about things like MaxPC etc (I have bought a few issues this year but my local newsagent only gets a couple in and sometimes I miss out.). When the case is finished I'll think about submitting to some mags but it's not on the radar screen at this point in time. I would be just as happy keeping as an article/log on Bit-Tech and as a games machine at home though. I'll see how I go. :)

I'm happy so many people get some enjoyment or inspiration out of the project. Even if I had've only gotten one post saying it's inspired someone to pick up a dremel again it would make writing and updating the logs worth it. That there have been lots is simply a bonus.

Cyberon - 6 more shower hoses to get the fittings would've cost me another $100 and I have to draw the line somewhere :) . The cost vs. benefit was not worth it for me. I like 'em as they are (you can hardly see the backs of the switches as they are now).

15. Fr0z3n

Fr0z3n What's a Dremel?

Id say your project has inspired me alot. I plan to start building my own acrylic case soon. Your case has given me tons of inspiration keep up the good work. :thumb:

16. BLaZEjjp

Same here, Xmas break I plan on constructing my own case from scratch (no im not trying to "one-up" you) I just really would like it custom as hell. I am noting alot of what you do here (step drill, Plexi-point bits) and im remembering that for when i do this mod. I am trying ot figure out how to seperate my case from yours though. everything cool i can think of youve already done :duh:.

O well, I'll make due, and ill certainly post logs once i get started.

Last edited: 23 Oct 2003
  17. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

I was just thinking about all your pics g-gnome.

And I dont think we have gotten one night shot of all or any of the lights on.

Could you consider maybe posting one for us?

18. The Arowana

The Arowana What's a Dremel?

[​IMG] That's insane! respect!

19. Cyberon

Cyberon What's a Dremel?

That's exactly what i told the guy here at our forum ;)
    Some have to pick on something i guess, to satisfy their ego :naughty:

20. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

I certainly will. But it'll have to wait until the case is finished (it's all in bits again ;) ). In the meantime, maybe just look at the lit-up shots and squint heaps? Or wear some very dark :cooldude:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.