1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Cryptocurrency

Discussion in 'General' started by MLyons, 6 Dec 2017.

1. Mongwopman

Mongwopman King Ding-a-ling!

Who do you hold your XLM wallet with or have you got a ledger? Mines current on the exchange and i need to withdraw.

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I've a Ledger Nano S and get about 0.55 XLM a week from XLMPool, from a balance of 3,244 XLM.

3. Mongwopman

I dont have a ledger yet, so could you recommend a wallet to use in the meanwhile?

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Anything from this official list should work fine - but remember you'll be locking up 1 XLM which will have to stay in that wallet as and when you transfer the rest to your Ledger, so if you've only a small balance and your Ledger is arriving soon then I'd just wait.

5. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I was planning to use the Stellar Wallet desktop client.

Also, the xlmpool.com website is now down.

Edit: working again now.

6. Mongwopman

Yeah, Ive gone for the desktop wallet for now. However when trying to withdraw from Binance, it mentions : XLM Withdrawals MEMO?
    There is an option for no memo, do I need this and where would I find it?

*confused*

7. Gareth Halfacree

The 'memo' is a badly-named 'reference' field. When you're transferring XLM to an exchange, you'll usually transfer it into a massive shared wallet ('cos having one wallet per customer ties up a lot of what used to be 20 XLM wallet minimums) and your share is marked with the reference number you shove in the memo field. When you're transferring to your own wallet, you don't need one: leave it blank if it'll let you or just put 0.

8. Mongwopman

Great, really helpfull, thank you.

Managed to get it sorted. XLM is up 20% already today!

9. Zoon

Okay I've gotten my Excel spreadsheet to the point now where it's using the "close" prices from the last X days and calculating based on that.

I'm going to expand it slightly however and get open, close, high and low data for each coin pair I'm tracking on a 24h basis. I'm not sure what value to actually assign the coin, since these are traded on a 24hr basis. A normal stock market would potentially be trading for 8 hours a day and then you take the close value and that's the value. I'm thinking of taking a median value which is weighted 80% towards the high value from the low value. It's unlikely on a given day I'm amazingly going to sell up for the absolute highest value, but equally I'm feeling that a straight median in a day isn't going to cut it and I really don't want to store a 1m or 5m average. The data I can get would go all the way down to minute I just don't want to harvest and process that amount for the sake of a bit more accuracy.

10. Mongwopman

I found a great app called HODL which I can enter all my details in, and choose the correct exchange etc. Updates on the fly.

11. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Blockfolio or Delta will do the same thing. You defo shouldn't need excel!

12. Zoon

But I love Excel!! :D

13. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I saw there was some hyping around TRX, maybe good for a quick flip.

14. Zoon

It’s dipped all the way to 6p from the 10p I bough in at. Might be a flip if you bought a bit now but who knows.

There’s really a huge amount of trades in it so should trend up a bit again soon.

15. Zoon

Apparently South Korea will not be banning crypto currency. Wonder if we’re going to see some rises.

16. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

We should. That was confirmed a few days back.

Shame Ripple hasn't is just headed further down... :(

17. Gareth Halfacree

This is pretty much an exact replay of the January 2017 dip, which was in turn a replay of the January 2016 dip, and so forth. Expect prices to drop a little from here, then stabilise, then head upwards again until reaching new all-time highs some time at the end of February or beginning of March.

Shame I wasn't confident enough in that to have sold earlier this month, mind you - I could have doubled my holdings!

18. Mongwopman

Im using this opportunity to gte some more XRP in! Then HODL all the way!

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

If only we knew someone around here who did that... :lol::lol::lol:

MLyons likes this.
  20. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I'd like that to be the case, or just wish I'd found my BTC a week earlier so it wouldn't have dropped by the time I'd got stuff sorted so I was ready to withdraw :p