1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Haven't slept properly this year...

2. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Snap, me neither. I've forgotten what a proper nights sleep feels like.

3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I remember the last time I woke up feeling refreshed and full of energy. It was a Thursday, I was 15 and had double Chemistry that day.

That was a good day.

pete* likes this.
  4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Too much month left at the end of my pay...

MLyons likes this.
  5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

The whole world.

I really didn't want to go out today. I felt safe and warm and knew that going out would make my anxiety terrible. However, the bulb in the toilet died and I didn't have any so it was essential.

I get about half way to Tesco and this car pulls onto the pavement. I stop and wait for it to get out of the way and it stops about 10ft in front of me. Back up to full marching speed and the stupid woman opened the door on me. FFS. Not only would they have ran me over but then she tries getting me with the door. I shouted "EYES EYES EYES !!!!!" and then shouted "FFS" but not abbreviated. I was pretty bloody annoyed about that.

Then I get to Tesco, grab what I need (last bulb in the shop ffs) and then want to quick checkout thinger. But there are no bags. Some woman goes up to it, puts her basket down and I say (terribly politely) "There are no bags dear". FFS you'd think I had asked her to kill her first born the look she gave me.

Seriously, doesn't any one appreciate f*****g manners any more?

6. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Just got home from work - smashed window, brick on the dining room floor, all drawers well and truly rummaged through, about to on the hunt for a scumbag to break some bones....

MLyons likes this.
  7. Vault-Tec

:( sorry man. I know that feeling. We got burgled about ten times, turns out I knew who it was. A supposed friend.

8. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yeah, don't forget to return his brick. To his face. At speed.

Wakka and MLyons like this.
  9. RedFlames

...whilst being in a pub several miles away with some friends... Officer.

Wakka and MLyons like this.
  10. David

natch

11. Vault-Tec

Having a really hot towel radiator just to the left of your left knee on the toilet.....

TheMadDutchDude likes this.
  12. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Can confirm. Been struck by the dreaded sneaky radiator multiple times.

13. Vault-Tec

I must be lucky or something 'cause I usually take a Richard and it's not on. What a stupid place to put it !

14. Vault-Tec

Wow. Talk about stoop to a new low !

So a few weeks ago I put a motherboard on Ebay. I talked about it then, how the guy told me he was coming to my house to pay cash etc. Any way, I blocked him. He sent me a couple of emails apologising and I ignored it. Tonight I decide to offer him a last chance. I will drop the price by £20. He says sure, go ahead. Four hours go by, he's not bought the item.

I end the listing, tired of being messed around. I get an email from ebay saying they have suspended my account for 48 hours and will probably be charging me the selling fees, as I have sold my item off of Ebay. Really? f*****g seriously? so I contact customer support who are about as helpful as a perforated condom and they say "In future we suggest you do not end your item and contact us first". Eh? EXCUSE ME?

Seriously, who the f**k do Ebay think they are these days? first of all they root through all of your private messages and then threaten you, then tell you you are not allowed to end your item if you want to and you need to ask them?

I think it is fair to say my selling days on Ebay are over.

15. RedFlames

And people wonder why I won;t sell **** on ebay.

16. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Just to update, doesn't appear that anything has been stolen - I can't find my spare car key, but I don't remember where I put it last, so probably just misplaced (plus, it'd be odd if they took that, but left the iPad, Alexa View, Laptop etc). We've parked my behind the wife's as a precaution, though.

The one unusual thing they did do was bend my Moto G4 that I was about to put up for sale... It's not broke the screen or anything, but it's doing a good impression of one of those curved LG phone's from a few years back. What the F is that about?!

17. Vault-Tec

I would make sure you get your car's locks changed. Or get the key reprogrammed, if it's one of those. They reckon the biggest cause of burglary these days is to steal car keys and cars...

18. David

My Aunt and uncle were burgled and the thieves lifted their cars keys off the bedside table while they were sleeping. The car was used in an armed robbery the following morning! Dread to think what would've happened if they had woken up.

One of the reasons car insurance is cheaper if you park on the street rather than a driveway - there's a lower chance that stolen keys will result in a stolen car, apparently.

19. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Glad to hear that it doesn't appear that they've taken anything, but very sorry to hear that you've been broken into. There's something horribly unsettling about the idea that someone has been in your home and going through your stuff.

I'd definitely get the car keys reprogrammed, though. As @David says, a lot of the time burglaries are for the sole purpose of obtaining your car keys - our neighbours were broken into a few months back and the only thing that was taken was the keys to his works van, which was stolen and used to carry off the proceeds of another half-dozen burglaries that same night!

20. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Whilst your waiting to get your keys buggered about with you might want to whip the HT leads and or battery out of the car.

If for no other reason that you'll remmer where you stashed your pare keys after you've done it.

IanW likes this.