1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I was burgled once and caught the guy in my house, almost got charged by the local plod for using excessive force, their words, to restrain the miscreant just because he had a broken nose and severe bruising. To be honest I felt I was very restrained.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

That is literally how thieves steal cars now. It's pretty much the only way with security being so good.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Just had delivered another wall mount for my 55" TV because it was off the level by about 3=5 degrees, a guestimate and it really annoyed me but as there was no swivel adjustment there was little I could do.
    Just awaiting the neighbour to give me a hand to lift it in place bit to much weight for a 64 year old.

4. Vault-Tec

I waited almost three months to put up my 65. God knows how I am going to get it down lmao.

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Managed to get it down as I only need to lift a little then swivel and dump it on a bed so not a problem but getting it back up, not a chance on my own.

6. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I used to have my bed next to the radiator when I was a teenager living at my mums. Many many nights I would burn my innocent butt cheeks on that radiator.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  7. Vault-Tec

At my old house in London the heating was never that good. We had an immersion heater and it was pants. My nana's though? yeah she had rads like that. Kinda sucked because you couldn't lie on the floor and put your feet on them :D

8. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

After massaging my phone for half an hour trying to get the display connector back in position (or whatever's wrong with it internally) it's starting to sink in my phone is now completely dead. Its final struggle has ended.
    The replacement will probably only arrive late next week. Rather inconvenient.

EDIT:
    holy **** it just came to life again out of nowhere
    I'm putting "possessed by evil spirit" above "bad display connector" on my list of possible problem causes.

Last edited: 17 Jan 2018
    MLyons likes this.
  9. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Almost had the camera deal of a lifetime.

Saw a little vaguely described listing with some very rare stuff, made an offer, the seller agreed and we set up a meeting. Suddenly this morning though the bids shot up >€100 over my own and since the website tends to advertise listings with active bidding I'm 100% sure it'll go much, much higher still in the next few hours and days.
    I'd feel bad for pressing the seller to stick to our arrangement so I won't, but still... It's some magnificent gear I'll be missing out on. :sigh:

10. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Had a better look around last night and I still can't find the spare, so i'll give the insurance company a ring today and see what the deal is. We've been parking my car behind the missus' for now (joy of 2 small cars, they just about both fit on the drive), and we're taking mine away this weekend to Liverpool, so even if they do have it, there ain't much they can do with it for now.

Cheers dude, it looks like they did take my wife's UE Boom speaker (which she uses to teach her dance classes), so had to go out and get a replacement for that - will be keeping an eye on Gumtree/Facebook to see if one crops up locally... They were obviously smart enough to leave anything that could be traced (phone, iPad, laptop, Echo Show etc), but didn't want to leave empty handed, I guess.

It's nowhere near as bad as it could have been - barring a couple of broken blind slats and a dent in the flooring from the paving slab and the really odd bending of my old phone, they didn't completely trash the place or wreck anything for the sake of adding insult to injury - but it's going to be an annoying distraction from what should have been a good birthday weekend away. The rest of the fam are going to be on regular drive-by's to keep watch, and the bonus of the landlord being the father-in-law means he is going to get a couple of cameras to set up in the next week or 2.

11. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Tracking shows my Mooltipass was delivered six days ago. Lies, lies and more lies!

12. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Accidentally burned out a motherboard today at bit-tech HQ :sad:.

13. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Must have been a dodgy batch. Honest guv. o_O

14. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Unfortunately it was a motherboard a few years strong :worried:.

15. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Do I buy a new GPU.

I have a bonus coming. Should have a bonus coming. I really want to use it to buy a new graphics card and block. But I don't need one. But I really really want one. The watercool blocks are just heavenly. If ask my wife, she will say yes and mean it 100%, but I would feel guiltily, so I don't know if I want to ask/do it.

It's driving me mad. There's so much else I could do with it.

16. MLyons

Buying a GPU during the mining craze not for mining? ouch

The_Crapman likes this.
  17. adidan

Old tech is never reliable and more prone to failing...;)

18. adidan

If you don't need a GPU when they're so highly priced don't get one.

If you needed one that'd be a different matter, but you don't so stop being a silly boy. ;)

19. The_Crapman

I'm buying the RAM this month too. As well as the rest of the little bits for my upgrade. My brother said to me at Christmas (after getting me the most gorgeous Cpu block on the planet) "'i'm really sorry. I wanted to get you some ram or lend you some, but **** me it's expensive".

Why can I never get a stable rig while all the one's I build for other people are solid as a rock?

Do you think trying to rag the shinola out of everything has something to do with it? :eyebrow: :hehe:

20. The_Crapman

Well I probably haven't helped the resale value of my 970 with that statement. Ha ha. But good lord I wish alphacool still made blocks like mine.