1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete ⭐ SPARTACUS / MOD OF THE ARENA

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by abbas-it, 25 Dec 2017.

1. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

and here is the little second update for today, am trying an armor cover for the back, this is the main base though
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

douglas alves likes this.
  2. GLA-58

GLA-58 What's a Dremel?

NICE, really nice work !

3. abbas-it

thanks GLA-58

still a long way to go to make it worthy of the man we know as SPARTACUS, anyway.
    hi guys, and here is the leather shroud already on, needs some polishing up and oldening still, also some deco elements,,,, more to come.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    more to come,
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    no animals were harmed during this modding session, only eaten... :)

4. abbas-it

hi guys, here is another little update to the arena shade and i also cut out the front bay where the eye catcher helmet will be.

the shade posts have all been measured and cut to size. they all have supporting wires which you will see what for this evening. i want sagging shade textiles as the look here. the shade poles are all dismountable for transport and slid in vertically at 90°.

i also made the first pullyes by contrapting a mini lathe by clamping in my drill. :)

the helmets bay is cut out and the placed on the Ludus balcony in the front which will also be worked on today.

more to come.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    more to come...

Guest-16 likes this.
  5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Wow the attention to detail! It's like "here's some cardboard aaaand suddenly it's a fully fleshed Olympian chest". You must make other models for DnD, Warhammer or something?
    That is some intricate work, but where's the PC though?

6. abbas-it

hey bindibadgi, dont worry it will be a full fledge fully working water cooled pc. :)
    I want this build to be a mixture of new and nostalgic. just like the PIRACY AND PROPHECY i made.

you can see it here..https://www.caseking.de/en/caseking...rophecy-the-pinnacle-of-casemodding-2992.html

https://www.caseking.de/en/caseking...ordinaire-ali-abbas-now-at-caseking-2986.html

And seeing as its a competition mod, I am making it all by hand,
    no automative machines or techniques like CAD, 3d printers,
    lasercutters etc.. will be used, ALL 100% HANDICRAFTED.

I am not biased to using automation, but only use it for commissioned stuff and orders. I actually do this now professionally but love to show we can make the wildest stuff by hand.
    And yes I make almost an theme under the sun, here are some examples and they are all on Bit-tech too.

I hope it motivates newcomers and young modders to get into this FUNCTIONAL ART FORM.

the whole build is based upon the core p90 of Thermaltake. at the moment i am making the essential elements for the over all look of SPARTACUS AND THE GLADIATORS ARENA.
    of yourse they will all have sertain functions like for instance the GLADIUS i made (sword) is made of real iron so it will pull a magnet and close the circuit which will then only let you turn the PC on when the sword is in. the shackles will hold the cylindrical reservoir pump combos. the back arches are actually vents where the air can circulate in the end. the helmet will probably have a camera. the animal lift which i am now working on will hold a monitor which reveals and conceals itself. the armor will all protect it in the back, but with buckles to untie if off, as would be expected. :)
    the aim is make a PC which is worthy of the theme while still having everything it need but ina 72 BC style, if you know what I mean. :)

7. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

It's called "Modding" and your one of the best all round skilled modders ive seen in a long time :D...... and ive been around a long time.

8. abbas-it

9. abbas-it

hi guys, so i started covering the hang wires for the valerian, which is the arena shade system.
    with paint ans airbrush shading they will still change of course. but they are hanging as cloth would which looks good.. the flags will be folded and sagged a bit down after painting too.
    i also started rivetting the buckles onto mthe armor.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. abbas-it

hi guys, small update, now i am making the gaubtlets as reservoir covers
    here i have some studs.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. abbas-it

Hi everyone and thanks to all that like my work.

I will post a little update tonight.

Unfortunately my wife has been very sick and in hospital so I could not get the mod finished for the deadline in 2 days on the 22nd.

I will however continue to post seeing as this case mod will be finished as it deserves, with all the details and functional electro mechanical parts i have planned. So stay tuned and even though its a pity I will not finish it by the 22nd, I promise to keep you entertained with the world of Spartacus. I dont want to hurry rush and blunder, but to get every detail on it as I planned.

I will of course be taking part in the German Casemod Championship in August too with this mod.

managed to get some stain on the valerium shades

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    apart from that i also started the wooden strip covering in the front. i found dosme sheap snake leather belts which i am changing to match the theme.

am sure they will contrast well when the wood has its proper color. :)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

man the details in the Mod is simply insane...... RESPECT bro RESPECT.... Great work man

13. Sn00k3r

Sn00k3r What's a Dremel?

Abbas..! :clap: Deine Detailarbeit ist unglaublich, wie immer ein Hochgenus Deine Projectlogs zu lesen, weiter so! :grin:

English translation: you detailwork is just insane, its a pleasure to read read your Projectslogs, keep up the good work..!

14. abbas-it

thanks sanjaya and snook3r, unfortunately because of a personal incident o couldnt get the mod finished for the desdline yesterday at the MFC2, but I will finish it according to all the detailed work i plan to integrate in it for the german championship coming in august.
    If you or anyone else likes it i am happy for every vote i get over there at the thermaltake site.
    I promise to keep the 100% hancrafted cutting endge SPARTACUS MOD OF THE ARENA updates coming till its ready for the epic battle. :)
    here is the last update till yesterday and a small mid session video.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    look what can be done with my nieces hairbands :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    first fatal wound cut test
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. abbas-it

hi guys, here is a very LITTLE update
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. abbas-it

Hi guys, more updates tomorrow. If you like my mod and percieve what it will be like when its finished than please place your vote at
    http://community.thermaltake.com/index.php?/topic/65326-mfc-2-voting/&page=6
    I am glad to see that even though I am not finished with it, it seems to be liked a lot.
    I do however promose to keep posting and that this will be one hell of a build when its finished.
    By the way, by placing your vote you can also winn something.
    so here is the links and thanks in advance if you vote for mine.

h
    [​IMG]

17. abbas-it

hi guys, its update time. unfortunately i couldnt finish due to personal reasons in time for the deadline at the Thermaltake MFC2. I didnt want to rush it and compromise my concept which still has a lot coming, so here it is, still ongoing.
    Am not sure whether I still have a chance at the MFC2 yet, because Idont know if the jury sees the potential. well anyway.

A lot has been done since the last update so here goes.
    first of all some hardware mock ups for space and placement
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i got the tt waterblock screwed on
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    mounted the cpu block and mb wedded them[​IMG]
    a little ram ram shakti dey modules too :)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    all this stuff is yet to come.. :)
    [​IMG]
    its based upon the i7 8700 and an asus xcode maximus
    [​IMG]

so thats enough of that, lets get back to creating again
    i want the snakes to look really slithery and slimy so i concocted a mix of water coppery and brown and dark hammered paint look to do the trick.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    they really look good together with the reptile skin belt strips sided on the windows.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i then started making the front arena side bannisters as walling. in the end i slanted them down towards the front in two rows on each other. i want most of the front visual parts to V towards the middle.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    snakes are dry.. :)[​IMG]

18. abbas-it

back to a little hardware again.
    i decided to make gauntlet covers for the reservoir pumps, but with an iron smithed barring mesh in the front made of worbla so as to be able to see the water later on.
    i used the same leather on cardboard as a base like i did for the armour and it will be decorated as well with studs n leather strips etc.. laces in holes to teie it to the resis.
    [​IMG]

two TT D5 reservoirs for both loops.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    littel rubber foam for more profile later on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and back to creation again :)
    i carried on with the bannisters.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i also finished the inner arena wall planking.
    [​IMG]

next step was to get that helmet outlined and placed properly, and finish the BATIATUS balcony..
    [​IMG]
    i planked it in around its shape...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    then i got back to sticking leather on the gauntlets
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

after that it was finally time to mount some hw on to the core p90 chassis so i could figure out where to hole and mole all my custom parts in and out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    back to creating again..
    i finished the corners
    [​IMG]

19. abbas-it

hi guys.
    please see the post before this one too, i had to split them because they were too long.

i then had the idea of making roman battle axes like Ray Winstone in King Arthur is wielding here as switches intead of visible switches.
    I will mount them in asuch a way that they can be pressed and will trogger buttons behind the blades.
    on off, leds color change etc..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i found many roman axes in different style in internet so made my own concoction of styles accordingly for thsi specifice switching reason

[​IMG]

later on wou will not be able to recognise them as being made of hard wood. birch or beechum i think.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. abbas-it

hi guys.
    please see the two posts before this one too, i had to split them because they were too long. so its three new posts today. :)

WORBLA is a great material... i love it,
    i made some iron barring visors for the gauntlets like mentioned above, when they are painted tile the helmet and the other leather and laces are on them then they will be y nice set off and contrast to the leather.
    heated and rolled then formed to the cage windows i needed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    of course they should look rough, not lasered and exact, they are iron smithed by ancient romans[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i then flamed the leather edges a bit to make them more weathered and a bit oldisch.
    [​IMG]
    more to come tonight or tomorrow nicht :)