1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable Stuck power button on tablet

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by maple, 1 Feb 2018.

1. maple

maple Minimodder

Hey guys, I've got a Gemini 10" Joypad tablet here which a stuck power button, as the power buttons stuck its switching itself on and off randomly there is a little bit of movement to the button however I can't seem to dislodge it. Any ideas?

The volume buttons next to the power button are both fine, so just the one button.

I can't seem to find any guides to taking it apart either would it be a case of using a heatgun and going round the side and getting into it but then by doing that there's the risk of the glass shattering isn't there.

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

If it's similar to this one then you should be able to take it apart using the guide for a Samsung Galaxy Tab S as the edge retaining clip looks similar.

3. maple

maple Minimodder

Thanks, just took a look at that one, the design on mine is a little different, i've taken a few pics i'd like to add to this thread but I can't seem to get them to upload on here I may upload elsewhere and add the link.

Anyway, by using a pin i've managed to get the button loose and now propped up but as soon as I press the button it just goes back in stuck again, ive used a toothbrush to clean the sides of the button to clear any grime/dust however no joy.

Could it be the physical plastic button itself requires replacing? Or is there a spring or something which should be under the button but not actually there. As that's how it feels to press, it feels as though there is no spring pushing the button back up.

4. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

It's likely to be a 'rubber' spring that probably needs a clean to remove dust/fluff. Not easily replaced with something like a generic spring other than the same type.

Alternatively remove and use a blunt point to press the micro switch each time you need to power on and use a power button app to put a button on screen to power off.