1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Culance article

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by moose, 14 Aug 2003.

1. ManCo

ManCo What's a Dremel?

Errrrm

Wow :)

/me drools

2. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Certainly gives it a mean mofo look :D

3. Iceman

Iceman Staff

Awesome as per usual Macro, supebly finished. I feel ashamed to work with such people and have never even used a dremel ;)

4. bsodmike

bsodmike Banned

macro,

its been close to a year now and you have yet to finish the macro black article!!!

Good job.

5. ConKbot of Doom

ConKbot of Doom Minimodder

1 Mole nitric acid

as for the case, I like the crome look also.

6. heero

heero What's a Dremel?

Chrome looks better... why not use steel rods and give them the same brushed finish?

Don't mean to nitpic but I think you should center the fans behind the front grille, just cut a big rectangle where the fans are now and build your own bracket out of that tinted acrylic :hehe:

Anyhow... sweeeeeet case :clap:

7. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

What happened, so much quality and then this?

Don't like it at all tbh. The copper pipes look a little daft, which would have been excusable if they had some function.
    The "chrome" effect doesn't look all too amazing, although I respect that polishing a sheet of steel like that is probably very difficult.
    The window is such an "old fashioned" shape, it looks like the earliest window kits. Where's the originality?

Well, anyway, at least everyone else seems to like it.

Oh yes I forgot to add, the chopped chrome version looks better. It just highlights for me how out of place the copper looks.. ?

Last edited: 30 Aug 2003
  8. Lunas

Lunas What's a Dremel?

did you put any type of clear coat or metal sealer on the brushed steel?

other wise it could begin to rust any where that has been touched or is dirty.

And as for the crome or copper thing crome makes it all look the same but the copper gives it a unique look. With the crome it just looks the same as the rest of the case and kinda gives it a mass production look. Like it had been sold as a premoded case to lots of people.

And as some one said before the pipes have no functionality they are just there to replace what was removed. Maybe a diffrent mod could be to make them a radator or something for a water cooling setup. Or maybe they could be replaced with clear tubes with water in them and a airator (sp?) in the bottom so bubbles rise through the tubes and maybe some leds to make the tubes and water glow.

person who doesnt matter's scale of approval
    ------------------------------------------*9*
    0---------------------5--------------------------10
    worst adverage best

9. The Gut

The Gut The Gut

I guess some folks only look at the pictures. :sigh:

10. Kasius

Kasius Bringin' the dremolition

I have to admit that side panel has come out very well, allthough i tend to agree with previous statement's regarding the copper, it does look out of place.. But i will give you a few points for originality, :clap:

KMS-oul, i've been looking for the title of that films for YEARS!!! Robotjox!!! I saw it around 1995 but forgot the title.. after a bit of googling they still have released a DVD tho :eyebrow:

11. slyf0z_87

slyf0z_87 What's a Dremel?

i think i prefer chrome over copper.....it looks so much better
    but neway,it was a very good looking mod :thumb: congrats.

almost the best looking mod around,just chrome those bars and tey'll look much better

12. Timdog

Timdog What's a Dremel?

I like the copper more than the chrome finish. Very good job and quality is top notch. :thumb:

13. Alvin

Alvin Guest

Very nice result on a budget mod. :clap:

I really like how you actually achieved the objective of something industrial, yet very cool

I too say, go with either the gold/black finish, or the metal/black/chrome, and go all the way.

It is possible to have silver and gold live together, but one of the two must then dominate the design, and the other can only be used as an outline/underline/simple contrast color.

For the sidepanel; maybe black, with a kobber frame of the tubes. Maybe with tubes only half the diamater, or double the diameter (cut the tubes into a half circle, to make them appear integrated into the panel)

Hope this comment may give you some inspiration :idea:

And again, thanks for adding your creations to this site, I really enjoy visiting here.

14. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

good job i wanna try and get the same finish on my case now

15. Cyberon

Cyberon What's a Dremel?

Sorry to say, but i really, really cannot say i like this mod.
    Too much out of balance, a front that looks like the front of a car and then all those different led-colors :sigh:

Just my 2 cents ;)

16. Fr0z3n

Fr0z3n What's a Dremel?

I think you should go for the chrome look. :lol: Looks better to me.

17. Amra

Amra What's a Dremel?

Ok, I must say the case is very nice in design. It is both inovative and well executed. However, the colors make the case seem rather "busy". It detracts from the overall aesthetic value the case has.

Now, I understand the strive to not create the same thing over and over and over, and that your motives are good, however, there is still a small matter of color scheme and unity. I must say that the case would indeed be much more impressive if the scheme was unified....

To exemplify that comment, I photochopped an example, to show how even something so simple as color can have a huge impact in aesthetic value.

[​IMG]

Other then the color scheme, I must confess that I love the design of this case, very nice indeed!

18. quitchat

quitchat What's a Dremel?

wow that's my taste
    i love it,especially the speed control...it's really fancy! :clap:

19. Moony1234

Moony1234 What's a Dremel?

Excellent case.

Infact I liked it so much that its on its way to me as we speak :D

I do plan on changing the copper pipes to brushed silver/chrome ones.

I may also change the colour of the LED's in the HD activity/fan controller.

Excellent case, cant wait till city link drop it off :D

20. macroman

macroman The One

I hope you enjoy the case. :)

The pipes and the leds were never intended to be changed they are well glued in place. You will find replacing them a major task! :dremel:

Tags: Add Tags