1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

yes. This was in the super duper top secret R&D room.

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Phonecall this morning:

Them: Silence
    Me: Hello?
    Them: Oh hello, I'm calling from Windows technical company
    Me: No you're not
    Them: Yes I am
    Me: * giggle * No, you're really not
    Them: Err, how do you know? Who told you I'm not from Windows technical?

That's cheered me up this morning :)

Kronos likes this.
  3. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I'm off on a solo two night camp to Edale in the Peak District again this weekend. I'm going to be doing two hikes and I'm taking my DLSR for some photography and I'll be using my smartphone/ handheld gimbal for capturing video. Looking for some good landscape stills and plenty of video for my blog site. The weather is looking good, dry and slightly warmer than it has been lately.

The first hike is a steady one, nothing too taxing, although there are a few sections with steep inclines. I'll be completing this hike tomorrow. Once I get to Edale, I'll be pitching up, squaring my equipment away and then having a quick meal and a brew. As soon as that's all done, I'll be heading out for the hike. I should be back just after sunset.

The second hike, planned for Saturday, is going to be a lot more taxing, with a third of the hike being on steep inclines, a third on level(ish) ground and a third on a steep descent. I'll be out for around 9-10 hours for this hike. On the return leg I pass the Old Nags Head pub on the way to my campsite, so I'll be stopping off for a delicious carvery and washing that down with a few pints of bitter. Once I've refuelled, relaxed with a couple of pints and rung our lass to check in, I'll head back to my tent to watch a film or two on my iPad. Then it's up early Sunday morning to break camp and head back home.

As usual, really looking forward to it!!

Byron C likes this.
  4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

After a week of absolute hell (coming off my ADs, the withdrawal is so bad they've put me on three doses of Diazepam and I am still f****d) I got sheer pleasure.

[​IMG]

Bombshell carbon forks. When I built the bike it looked a bit weird, because only carbon forks have that size tops. So it looked like this...

[​IMG]

The problem is that carbon forks don't come in all sorts of flavours. It's "Very expensive" or go away. I can't tell you how desperately I wanted a set, but just couldn't afford the ticket price of £250+.

Any way, about a month ago I joined a BMX racing group. I watched that bugger every single day, but most parts were raced. IE - scabby AF. Which would be fine if I was not building a dream machine, but I am. Any way, about five days ago this guy comes along with these Bombshells. Uncut, and almost unmarked (three tiny chips). £70. Well no, he wanted £100 but I did a bit of haggling and sorted.

I'm sooooo happy. They weigh almost nothing, even though they look massive and heavy.

Next stage - the cranks. I'm getting there, one part at a time.

5. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Think I've fixed the unstable machine that's been plaguing me for the last 2 weeks. It seems to of been a wonky SSD :wallbash:. Hopefully I finally have a night of nothing going down and don't need to restart a rig at 4AM.

Vault-Tec and adidan like this.
  6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Modding :dremel: Even little ones to get things juuuust right are immensely satisfying. I think it's also because I hate havin idle hands so I love doing fiddly little things that take forever.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Amen.

I just completed a build, next week it's coming apart lmao. Just to add extra brain burn I decided to totally strip another one with two loops lol.

8. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

All my amazing friends! The Love of my life my soul mate, and my BFF Marsha she is the one who helped me see what I needed to see to change my direction and become me again! Thank You!!

MLyons likes this.
  9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

The brighter morning are upon us which is truly awesome as I hate the dark mornings when I take the cat for a walk.

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I finally have to ask, why do you make so many, which to me, are kids bikes or am I missing something entirely?

MLyons likes this.
  11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Don't think things come more awesome than this on a Saturday morning. PPI.
    [​IMG]

Corky42 likes this.
  12. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Jolly by name, Jolly by nature now, eh?

How much was you paying to get that kind of rebate?!

Now put half of it into Bitcoin ;)

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

total so far over 33 grand, as for what was my good lady paying I have no idea as she got herself into a major financial problem which cost me everything including the house to resolve. But this is a nice bit of cash.
    As for Bitcoin no way.

14. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

I Hate the dark mornings as well!!! Although my cat could care less!!

15. adidan

Love the dark mornings me. Dark cold mornings, clear skies and stars.

MLyons likes this.
  16. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

You must stay in the middle of nowhere as there is far to much light pollution in thee city where I reside. I am lucky if I can see 1 star.

17. adidan

Just up North.

Aye, lived in Edinburgh for a couple of years - not the darkest of places. To be fair the council have replaced the street lights with led ones which seem to help as well.

18. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I am in Edinburgh and light pollution is really bad.

19. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Depends where in Edinburgh you are. Light pollution in my part of town isn't too bad (although obviously it's worse than out in rural areas).

20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Craigentinny is the area I am in and as I said pollution is bad though there was a particular bright star I noticed the other morning and I wondered what it was which is when I really noticed how few stars I could actually see.