1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Smallest fully working PC competition

Discussion in 'Modding' started by madhatter, 21 Oct 2003.

1. Stanmanfoo

Stanmanfoo What's a Dremel?

I'm starting to build a mini-LAN PC from an electric guitar amplifier, using a Biostar M7NCD. It's got dimensions of 305mm by 199 mm. Not the world's smallest, but it is certainly smaller than ATX.

Here's a link to the board, if you care to check it out...
    Biostar

When I start in on the project, I'll most likely make a project log. be on the lookout for it.

Stan

2. Shwang

Shwang What's a Dremel?

There are some SFFs smaller than mini-ITX. Smallest I know of that haas been used to work as a PC has been a 3.5" mobo with cpu and memory, with a memorystick as the HDD. Can't find a link, but hopefully some people know of them. The one I saw was modded into a PSU.

Here's the linky. Linky

Can't find the manufacturer.

Last edited: 22 Oct 2003
  3. igotid24

igotid24 What's a Dremel?

there was another thread about this that I posted this in, but here it is again: Techsol Medallion

As I said in the previous post its being used in a robot that I am designing an arm for. Its not really meant to be a pc, but if you really wanted to you could.

4. HAXOR

HAXOR Minimodder

I actually had this computer for some time, but it was just collecting space and dust, so I sold it:

It was a computer called "Modular" and was a 486SX 20MHz. It was 1/3 of the size of a shoebox, and had PS/2 for keyboard and mouse, parallel port, serial, external floppy port, and a few other things. I used two 72-pin SIMMs, and a laptop harddrive up to 2GIGs, and a minimum of 780MB. It was functional, but since I never had a hard drive for floppy drive for it, I could never get past the post. Twas a fun little machine none-the-less. I hear from a friend that a library in Canada uses them for everything. I have never seen or read about it or anything like it though, so good luck on pictures ;).

5. MarcelloRupelli

MarcelloRupelli What's a Dremel?

6. kisa_444

kisa_444 What's a Dremel?