1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant install chipset drivers for Z370 chipset

Discussion in 'Software' started by kuroidoragon, 22 Feb 2018.

1. kuroidoragon

kuroidoragon Minimodder

I am not sure exactly which section should be in but will try here first apologies if I am wrong

I have a Asus TUF Z370 gaming pro motherboard & when it comes to installing the chipset drivers from the asus site I get a fatal error during installation image is attached of the error

why is this ?
    how can I fix & get the latest version of the drivers installed ?

I contacted scan.co.uk who I got the board from they cant help they said the error is to vague & specific & said to contact asus which I have done I am waiting on a reply but wanted to ask here also to see if i can get a quicker reply & fix

Attached Files:

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Have you tried the drivers on Intel's site?

Also any pending restarts? The install might be failling because windows is already trying to install a version of the driver in the bg [which it has a habit of doing, esp if it's a fresh install].

3. kuroidoragon

kuroidoragon Minimodder

not sure If I have tried the ones from the intel site do you have a exact link so I can try & be sure ?

no pending restarts

if by fresh install you mean a fresh install of windows then no still the installation from the upgrade ages ago when they was offering windows 10 for free at the begining

4. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

You most likely need a fresh install...

5. kuroidoragon

kuroidoragon Minimodder

come from i think windows 8 was a free upgrade from that so I don't have a windows 10 disc as it was the free upgrade but I am currently trying to make a bootable usb memory stick of windows 10 so will try a fresh install if i don't get a reply soon

but I wouldn't mind a exact link to the most up to date chipset drivers for my board from the intel site itself as suggested by redflames above I have looked on the intel site but its vague & hard to understand or find anything on there for me

and also would like to know if someone can tell me how to check what ones are currently installed

Last edited: 22 Feb 2018
  6. TheMadDutchDude

You don't need to worry about getting them from Intel. The one on ASUS' site is the same thing.

7. kuroidoragon

kuroidoragon Minimodder

ahh ok i will carry on with this windows 10 on a usb stick thing for a fresh install hopefully i get it right & not ***k it up

8. TheMadDutchDude

Just follow the steps, man. It couldn't be easier. :)

9. kuroidoragon

kuroidoragon Minimodder

Back did a proper full format & fresh install of windows 10 now & all drivers including the chipset went in properly this time ....thanks for the suggestion madDutch

10. TheMadDutchDude

Told ya. It’s never smooth transferring from an old system to a new one. ;)

11. kuroidoragon

kuroidoragon Minimodder

I did encounter a problem along the way which I fixed after a quick panic & a google search on my phone about when drives are of gpt partition or something which I fixed by typing in some commands in a black window win key+F10 while on the windows setup menus quite please with myself I worked that one out quite quickly

TheMadDutchDude likes this.