1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CLOSED: Pioneer DVD 525 HEPC IN DVD CASE

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Skipper, 17 Oct 2003.

1. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

Re: Pioneer DVD 525 HEPC

The only probelm I see: "Too" is used to descirbe a quanity, like too much, or too long. That should be "to'. :) (I could be wrong about this...)

Very cool project... I don't even have a DVD player(not a dedicated DVD player) and they're already old tech. :(

L J

2. Skipper

Skipper What's a Dremel?

Re: Re: Pioneer DVD 525 HEPC

Point taken and spelling corrected. There are plenty of similar errors/faults in the long text, I wont correct them all!

Thanks for your feedback!

3. STellY

STellY What's a Dremel?

looks pretty good man... i like how you wanted to change nothing outside the case.... very effective...

if you got those wires cleaned up it would look excellent.... :)

4. Fr0z3n

Fr0z3n What's a Dremel?

Very nice work. I have a broken DVD player im gonna try and mod. :eeek:

5. LtChamp

LtChamp What's a Dremel?

very nice mod Skipper,
    i have actually been attempting a mod of a vcr for myself but have yet to find a psu that can fit in such a small space as i have,
    not counting a dc-dc converter, but i am wondering where u got yours from ? wether it is an online retailer or not, i would much appriciate a response,
    congrats, keep it up

thanks for the quick response below skipper

Last edited: 23 Oct 2003
  6. Skipper

Skipper What's a Dremel?

Thanks alot, that "thank you" goes for everyone above. I thought I should be flamed for the lack of plexiglass-blinking-blue-diodes-lacking-watercooling and last, but certainly not least, my total avoidance of putting too much time in things never seen.

I bought an AOPEN FSP200-60SAV 200W P4 POWER SUPPLY for H340 series from Dustin here in sweden, I paid SEK295 (€32) plus VAT for it.

I bought it completely unseen, didn't even had a picture so I was a bit dissapointed that it actually was rather large. On the picture in the link above you won't see a small stickout where the trafo found in my pictures sits. Today I would have solved it with a DC/DC converter, not only for space but for temperature aswell.

7. Skipper

Skipper What's a Dremel?

Okay, I finalized everything tonight. USB port, RJ45 connector and feeding the 80mm fan from the inside.
    [​IMG]
    From left: S/PDIF, USB and S-VIDEO. The RJ45 is located next to the S/PDIF contact

[​IMG]
    The same set as above but with the RJ45 connector in place and everything screwed up against the back panel

[​IMG]
    Another angle

[​IMG]
    The whole backplane

Some exterior views:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Solarius

Solarius What's a Dremel?

Want to do this exact same thing. Still looking for a dead DVD player though. Hopefully I can find a larger one.

9. Skipper

Skipper What's a Dremel?

Good luck with your project. I doubt you'll find a larger case, his is very standardised. Finidng smaller ones will be easier though.

My advice to you is to go for a DC/DC converter instead of a complete PSU inside the case.