1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G-gnome's Orac³ - Part 2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by G-gnome, 1 Sep 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adeptus

Adeptus What's a Dremel?

Another first-time poster here...
    I've been reading this thread for a few weeks now, but wasn't going to post yet another "OMG I love your case!" message unless I had something else to say.

Anyway... had a wild idea pop into my head the other day...
    :idea: fully chromed keyboard

Probably be way too expensive... but it'd look way cool... :D

ps, OMG I love your case! :hehe:

2. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

I don't think it would cost that much - just pop off the keyboard shell and spray... It would look cool with black or neon green keys. But, to go with that keyboard, you know you'll need a chrome mouse.

Last edited: 23 Oct 2003
  3. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Chrome kb doesn't really reach out and inspire me. There is a place you can buy professionally chromed pre-mod ones (saw it in a thread in Modding I think) and they look ok but not what I envisage for this project.

{param}

{param}

I won't ever touch a can of chrome spray paint with this mod, and certainly not for a keyboard where hands are constantly in contact with parts of it (= fingerprints and greasy smudge kb). Chrome paint looks pretty poor in quality compared to the real chrome in the case (I explained in Part-1 why I opted for real chrome and the trial I did with paint). I'll likely go for modding an apple plexi kb.

:)

4. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

sorry... *runs to get the editing gun*

just ignore the tag.

5. Cyberon

Cyberon What's a Dremel?

Maybe it will look better with colored keys on a chromed frame :hehe: Don't think it will happen, the poor guy is nearly broke :D

6. clearscreen

clearscreen What's a Dremel?

this is really nice, can't wait for Part 3 ...keep up the good work gnome. :clap:

7. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

MaxWiz, that is so cool it should be added as a real smiley :D

8. MaxWiz

MaxWiz What's a Dremel?

Glad you liked the smiley G-gnome. I really wanted to post my congrats, but there are only so many ways to say "wasn't keen on acrylic 'till now". I thought this might make you smile :)

ouija, 32k smileys might not be popular with 56k-ers ;)

Might do the dremel one; good way to kill 10 mins.

Max

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

BTW for those who do want a chrome keyboard, the real polished metal (not painted) deal is available :here:. ;)

G-Nome, baby, lookin' good as ever! :hip:

10. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

Hehe nexxo nice avatar ;)

11. Cyberon

Cyberon What's a Dremel?

:D Before i pay 75 pounds for a keyboard, i would be more then happy to see it FULLsize :eeek:

12. Carbon

Carbon Banned

what about the coolermaster keyboard here its not chrome, its alloy BUT im sure that G-gnome can work his gnomeish magic on it. :D

on a side not have you seen some of the system on that www.savrow.com site :eeek: "Platinum Plating" :eeek:

Last edited: 24 Oct 2003
  13. Vcdman

Vcdman What's a Dremel?

hey g-gnome i ahve a question about the c3 acrylic case. I have found that when i look at my new acrylic case from certain angles in the light i see many small scratches throughout the case. They are only visible from one angle in the light but they have pretty much been like this for a while, and then are fine scratches. Did you ever have this problem? or is this nothing to worry about.

14. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Do I have this problem? No. I use a nice plastic polish like novus no.1 and it removes minor scratches. Did you use a proper Microfibre cloth to clean it? Even a normal cotton cloth can leave microscopic scratches and anything with nylon/synthetic etc in it will scratch your case like you describe (even if so small you can only see them from different angles under certain light). Even the packaging rubbing agiainst it can do this too.

Should you worry? I'd say not at all. This sounds like normal. Just use a proper microfibre cloth and a plastic polish (for the cloth's, try your local plastics supplier or www.craftics.com or www.thefabricatorssource.com - both in the US with good service and v.fast shipping). This should remove almost all of the fine scratches and give an anti-static effect to avoid attracting dust).

Be careful when you cut/drill your case too as plexi-dust from sanding even will scratch your case if rubbed - an air duster is useful here.

15. Fr0z3n

Fr0z3n What's a Dremel?

Would there happen to be a update coming soon. :D You know we are all waiting on it. :lol:

16. kenco

kenco What's a Dremel?

Nearly time for an update then :)

17. Vcdman

Vcdman What's a Dremel?

Yes i was using a microfibre cloth for about 4 days to just remove dust, then i saw these scratches after those 4 days, so i applied some novus #2 and another part of the cloth to hopefully take them out. Then i buffed it out with another clean section of the cloth. When i looked at it after it had dried, it still appeared to be scratched in the same areas. Will novus #1 remove these scratches, or am i doing something wrong.

18. Kain

Kain What's a Dremel?

Hiiii ppl!

First of all i don't really like acrylic cases and i don't like a lot of crome on a mod but i must say this YOUR MOD RULLEZZZZZ :rock:

I really like the combination u used and we got to admire your imagination!!! :D

Really makes me want to buy an acrylic case!!!( and i don't even like them)

For the keyboard you could go for some acrylic to!!( it could be very difficult but it would be worth it) showing the inside of it!! :rolleyes:

or just buy a imac keyboard :D

Keep up the good work m8!!! It's a real inspiration :thumb:

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39325

19. MaxWiz

MaxWiz What's a Dremel?

20. Balder

Balder Calmer than a monk on morphine

WOW!!!
    This looks amazing, cant wait to see more :rock:
    Realy love the chrome/neon plexi look :naughty:

Thread Status: