1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Sounds like something my missus would do... Like the time she was driving back from uni late after a show and discovered the main road was closed for works - instead of simply following the diversion through the villages and towns, or setting up her phone as a satnav, she calls me crying and insist I navigate her REMOTELY USING GOOGLE MAPS ON MY PHONE.

I **** you not, I had to navigate her, turn by turn, using a combination of identifiable landmarks (aka Tesco stores, petrol garages and bridges), the odd street name she could see in the dark and GUESSING HER POSITION in relation to these things.

What a journey that was...

MLyons likes this.
  2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Yeah I've been a remote satnav on several occasions.

3. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Just spent 2 hours debugging something because the URL not only wanted the data in the URL but also in the data sent with the request. Normally it's one of the other and mostly data with the request. Love me so JavaScript... although to be fair it's not JavaScript's fault but still.

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Using an old Android [as in Gingerbread old] phone... it's painful...

...it does however turn on and can manage calls and SMS so puts it one up on what i had.

5. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

What's ruining my life? I hit a patch of ice and crashed into a snowbank. Thankfully I made it out with no injuries. Already started a insurance claim.

I don't have a working vehicle right now but I hope I can get a payout from this accident. But I'm still alive and well!

First Car Accident. Single Vehicle Rollover.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Guest-23315 and MLyons like this.
  6. adidan

By the looks of that I'd also put that in the 'what currentky makes you life awesome?' thread as you walked away unscathed by the sounds of it.

Well, physically, it'll still shock the hell out of you.

Glad you're in better shape than your car dude.

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Is there nothing you cannot do with your Dymo, almost tempted myself to purchase such a thing?:grin::grin:

8. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

Yeah I'm glad as well. it was good lil Jeep. Part of the reason I got this is that it has a good rollover protection but lemme tell you something.. the roof caved in almost hitting my head.. like 1 Inch away from the crown of my head.. any further and I would be dead or crippled.

I had plans to fix the Jeep up but now I have to find another one since this is a 1992 Jeep.. meaning it will be tricky to find another one.

9. adidan

A bit too close for comfort that. :eek:

At least it was an inch away from your head. Always tricky to work out how to deal with things like that, on the one hand you can feel unlucky that it happened to you but at the same time lucky that you had a car that was built well enough to protect you.

If I were you I'd be doing my damndest to try and find another 92 Jeep :)

10. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

Yeah. This is a sport edition.. None of those gadgets and bells and whistles like the Laredo edition. I just have to wait until I hear from my insurance.

11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Glad you are OK fella.

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I wuv my Dymo. Those orange stickers I bought for it are fantastic, too. The only problem with it is that it doesn't support the big 6x4 labels that most shipping companies use, although I've had success manually scaling them down to the biggest size the printer does support - everything's got where it's supposed to be going so far!

There's the XL version of the same printer which does do 6x4 labels, but it's about five times the price, so... Yeah, nuts to that. There's even one that lets you load two label types simultaneously, so you don't have to keep switching. Neat!

13. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Lucky as hell! Worth noting other car brands with roll protection, or rather roof crash bars to deflect Elk, Saab and Volvo ;)

14. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I'm so getting one of those soon. I mean, you can only imagine what that thing would be like to some one with autism who loves to label and categorise everything !

15. RedFlames

Trying to reduce how much i'm paying out in bills... only to find... I've reduced them as much as I can.

16. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Bought Ram costing £166 an hour ago, isn't compatible with Ryzen, Maplins refused to exchange or refund, no wonder their in administration. I thought we had a 14-day return policy?

17. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Was it bought online?

18. RedFlames

IIRC, they won't echange/refund because they're in administration. Basically you just get added to the bottom of the administrator's list of people Maplin owe money to.

You might've got somewhere if the RAM was faulty, but not for 'dopey me, I bought the wrong stuff'.

If it was bought on credit card you might be able to claw the money back that way.

Last edited: 8 Mar 2018
  19. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Bought in store, so it's compatible with my Ryzen, just not my motherboard lol

20. legoman

legoman breaker of things

went to bed last night, no pain discomfort etc. Work up this morning, sprained ankle, seriously WTF...