1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hilliary vs. Trump: The 2016 US Presidental Election

Discussion in 'Serious' started by rainbowbridge, 27 Sep 2016.

1. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

And the authoritarian left will love him for it:
    https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/05/opinions/video-games-shooting-opinion-bailenson/index.html

Can we have the extreme right wing religious hate preachers back instead? At least they where honest about simply wanting to ban all things fun because satan satan something.

adidan likes this.
  2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I'm going to guess the irony of preventing access to VR and other games because it allows people to train in virtual boot-camps while having firearms readily accessible is lost on them.

3. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

No don’t train in VR. Come train in the real world. Guaranteed smoother gameplay and higher resolution. Lower requirements aswell

4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

That sounds suspiciously like exercise. ;)

Nexxo and MLyons like this.
  5. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

So NK wanting to talk with Trump?

Trump's tough talk, Ploy to buy time, planning assassination attempt, something else?

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

NK wanting to talk to the US president is not new, or news... The US [well Trump] saying yes is the news...

Trump probably thinks it'll be his 'Nixon in China' moment... The Norks probably look at it as 'Now we have a nuke the US is taking us seriously and treating us as an equal'...

7. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

My prediction:
    Both sides will declare themselves victorious despite nothing meaningful being achieved.

TheMadDutchDude likes this.
  8. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Is it, i didn't know that, i thought all the animosity came from NK, how come previous presidents didn't want to talk, i would have thought some like that would have been right up Obama's street.

It should still be funny if it goes ahead though, we might be treated to presidents and leader calling each other names and a fist fight. ;)

9. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Not worth the political risk back home (being seen talking to the very definition of a madman with zero redeemable qualities vs the negligible chance of said madman actually wanting to change), of course Trump sees it as an easy way to "prove" that he is indeed doing things differently.

10. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

On the other hand... imagine that because of this NK and SK become friends. Trump would win a nobel prize for that.

11. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I think it's just the first time both countries have been in a position to have entries into the 'Leader dodgy hair of the year competition'. Nothing more.

12. walle

walle Minimodder

'They’ would be anyone who peddles an anti-gun agenda using dead children to play on people emotionally when doing so.

It is the very same mindset behind those who whore ‘hurt’ feelings when ‘they’ are attacking the first amendment, wanting to police and limit speech.

I used cars in my analogy to demonstrate why your comparison was flawed and disingenuous, not to say it was your comparison per se or to suggest you would be disingenuous as a person.

I didn’t do that, what I said was that there are countries with more gun violence.

You can’t take a country that has guns in circulation and compare it to a country with close to no guns in circulation, then proceed to say that there's plenty of data from the rest of the world showing that as you have fewer guns in circulation you have fewer gun-related deaths....well, same thing holds true for fewer cars, less drugs etc.

If we’re talking about violent crime in general here then England has more violent crime than the US.

No it doesn't but what it does do is to address the root cause of the problem which would be more effective and beneficial over time than that of making it more difficult for law abiding citizens to arm themselves, but this would go against governments own interest.

And so it is with any ‘solution’ to any ‘problem’ that government comes up with it always results in fewer rights with less freedom and with more laws rules and regulations.

13. walle

walle Minimodder

Perhaps there is something to it then again perhaps not, what I would say thou is that I think media plays a role here, their hype makes everything in general seem like an everyday occurrence and they fuel these peoples desire for infamy, acting like a force multiplier, they are in many ways enablers as far as I’m concerned.

Not that they would care either way, for them it is just business, it's all about making money.

Mr. Orange VS Mr. Yellow.

14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Sorry dude but that's utter crap.

Different crimes fall under the banner 'violent crime' in the two countries and crimes have different thresholds for what is deemed 'violent'.

Like I say, don't take all you read at face value, you can't just look at two figures and think them comparable.

Edit: just as a hint as to how they may differ, you can look into it if you're interested, in the UK 'violent crimes' don't necessarily always involve physical harm, for example.

Last edited: 11 Mar 2018
  15. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

NK (or rather the regime) want the support (or acceptance) of the US on their own terms. This is why there has been an open invitation on the NK side. There is a long and dirty history of this actually happening, where an awful regime gains the backing of the US for pragmatic self-interested reasons. It generally has ended badly.

The US or SK becoming "friends" with NK without massive changes to the NK regime wouldn't actually be that hard, but would also be a huge unsustainable failure in both moral and practical terms.

Trump thinks he can play politics like the plays business: For short term superficial success with few actual negative consequences when everything turns to ****.

16. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I see you're another sucker whose been taken in by that meme and other pro-gun BS, here's a pro tip: when you see a statistic that seems unbelievable it's probably a good idea to dig a little deeper.

17. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Bailing with a democratic mandate is still bailing.

1. Unless you favour fundamentalism as a philosophy, a law that was written 230 years ago in a time when people had muskets and no conception of mental health may not be, in its literal form, applicable to modern society in which we have automatic firearms and an appreciation of mental illness. Which is why the US Constitution has:
    2. Amendments.

People who smoke have an increased risk of cancer compared to people who don't. Unfair comparison? Discuss.

Yeah, so far you are the one who keeps bringing up these straw men.

Gosh, imagine that. Must be why most countries seek to restrict access to drugs and even driving a car requires a licence conditional to passing a driving test --which can be taken away if your doctor thinks you are not medically/psychiatrically fit to drive.

I'm sorry, but you can exactly make that comparison: more public access to guns = more people killed by guns. That's the whole point.

[​IMG]

MLyons likes this.
  18. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Problem is, NK has a history of signing agreements and then simply ignoring them. Nothing makes a US President appear more ineffectual and powerless, and Kim Yong Un look more powerful to his people, than the US President himself talking to Kim Yong Un and coming away with absolutely zilch.

Could be a computer game --if Trump doesn't ban it. :p

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

If Trump gets them to disarm, does he get the Nobel Peace Prize?

20. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

If Obama got it while bombing here, there and everywhere then you would hope so.