1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build - In Progress ⭐ DDCM Desk Project: Unique. Simple. Powerful

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Dalchi Frusche, 20 Jun 2017.

1. Dalchi Frusche

Dalchi Frusche What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jBy4r7

Good morning DDCM fans and followers!

How about another DDCM desk PC update?

We can start off with a glamour shot of the leak testing we did.

[​IMG]

One of the first things we did while waiting for all the paint to dry was to finish making our custom sleeved extensions.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Once the paint dried we immediately set to installing our components and figuring out our cable paths.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then we prepped and installed our painted NexXxos 360 radiators which followed with fans, tubes and everything else. Once it was all connected we started our leak testing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Until next time, Happy Modding!

2. Dalchi Frusche

[​IMG]

First we will start with the winner of my contest. I wanted people on social media to design a dragon and flames to paint on the top of the desk before I seal it up. Here’s the winner. I loved the shape of the dragon head. The flames will need a little cleaning.

[​IMG]

Ok, back to the desk. We took this picture while it was night time and during the leak test.

[​IMG]

The next morning we went to paint the top of the desk…. And ended up spending a few hours cleaning the carpet instead DOH!

[​IMG]

Several hours later I recruited my daughters help and we drained the desk of all the distilled water and filled it with the Mayhems Red Aurora liquid.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After the paint dried on the desk top, I attached it in place and took this teaser picture for social media.

[​IMG]

After all the cable management was done and I verified it was working great, I took this semi finished picture. All that’s left is to install the windows and to get the vinyl lettering in place. And YES, I know it’s a small old monitor for this massive project. haha.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope everyone has enjoyed this so far and I will update with final pictures on a real camera once I get to the last couple things done. And hopefully by then I’ll have a better monitor too.

3. Dalchi Frusche

[​IMG]

So we needed a shot of the desk to put on our new business cards, so….. I figured I wanted to share with you. We are also in talks to do a hardware upgrade if the vendor approves it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of course, none of this would’ve been possible without the amazing sponsors!

[​IMG]

The business cards came out pretty snazzy too!

[​IMG]