1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows BBC Top Gear

Discussion in 'General' started by samkiller42, 13 Dec 2010.

1. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

I have to admit, i found it hard to watch the interaction of the presenters in-between each segment, the chemistry just isn't there for me.

The forced "banter" between the presenters is hard to watch with too much emphasis put onto Matt being the star of the show with two side-kicks. The Grand Tour works because all three presenters have a good personality and appear equal on-screen.

Top Gear i believe is going the way of 5th Gear. It will be sold to Dave soon enough.

2. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Yeah, last night was the first episode I have watched in a while, and it just seemed off from the start - the "banter" about height at the beginning of the show came across quite acrimonious, like they haven't spent enough time with each other to pull those things off without actually offending each other.

I think BBC needs to totally re-brand the show - they are the last ones to accept that it isn't Top Gear any more. Get some new theme music, ditch the challenges (because they aren't ever going to be as good as the old crew/Grand Tour), do more stuff in the studio and on the test track, let the presenters be more natural... It's like when old Top Gear started forcing staged comedy moments (usually involving a random celebrity cameo) into every segment, it stops being funny when you feel like you're being told "LAUGH NOW".

Last edited: 20 Mar 2018
  3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Oh god it was total cringe. Just awful. And then followed by another US-mobile in Top Gear USA.

Increasingly I am in the just kill it camp. It's an embarrassment.

4. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

That’s two episodes in a row where they have simply regurgitated old content, I’m positive I’ve seen the eggs in a 2CV before on Top Gear, and the previous episodes Fukushima visit was a rip off of the Chernobyl episode.

Guest-16 likes this.
  5. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Freddie Flintoff and paddy macguniness to host the next series.

I love those two, really likeable characters, hopefully it will be good, maybe add jack Whitehall with no driving licence for some real buddy comedy action lol.

6. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Wow... the beeb is really scraping the barrel now. I agree with the comments above - the show needs to be consigned to the archives. I can't fathom why they are still flogging this dead horse.

7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I stopped watching before Chris Evans left - just wasn't enjoying it. Don't really like joey either so I didn't bother afterwards. TBH, I haven't seen beyond the first Grand Tour season either.

8. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

He got a lot better as it went on, the Suv episode was particularly good.

But yep sounds like the final nail in the coffin for the show, can guaruntee the line "Red lighty no likey" is gonna be over used.

9. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Just put it out of our misery already.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

So what the actual eff was wrong with Harris and Reid? I liked Harris and Reid.

If anything I would have gone for a Have I got News For You type approach with a guest presenter + Harris and Reid each week. Oh well, loos like I'm watching no TV at all this winter.

11. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Harris is staying.

12. fix-the-spade

Technically so is Reid, but clearly someone at the Beeb has decided that they're not 'the right sort,' and bumped them both to the sidelines.

Last edited: 22 Oct 2018
  13. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Both Flintoff and Paddy are far too 'Lad' for my tastes. I honestly had to do a double take when I saw the news. I would have happily taken Reid and Saben as they are genuine car nuts. Rory, though like-able, never really felt like he gelled on the program. Even James Martin would have been a better choice.

14. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Oh dear god no. What a joke. What an absolute joke. I hardly watched any of the newer stuff as it was rather painful watching a bunch of strangers wanking each other off to a script, but this is a new low.

15. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

wow two nobs to host the new series. i kinda grew to like the le blank, harris, reid team with sabine joining them now and then. i was hoping they'd go for jenson button to replace leblanc. the peeps who are casting should be whipped

16. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Because "The Corporation" are trying to prove to themselves (kidding themselves more like) that Clarkson, Hammond and May weren't Top Gear perhaps...

Tbf, the three of them made the brand for the beeb, it's nothing without them.

LennyRhys likes this.
  17. fix-the-spade

JB is too busy winning Super GT in his purple and green NSX, they'd have to pay him real money too.

But I agree he would be an ace host for Top Gear.

18. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Button would be great.

19. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

No date as of yet.

20. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

well hope this series is gonna be a blast, as le blancs replacements are chris evans-esq meh