1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Epic releases assets from cancelled Paragon MOBA

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 20 Mar 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Fortnight must have made a truly cartoonish amount of money to allow Epic to simply write off several years of work and £10-ish million worth of investment.

Good for Epic, even better for Epic for them to take what they wrote off and release it for free. I expect to see a Paragon resurrected type game in short order, then lot's and lots and lots of mods. Plus a lot of Steam Greenlight asset flips, because that's the world we live in.

3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Epic Epic.

4. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

Well done Epic. Unreal 4 is a great engine and giving away assets to indie devs is a great way to help make their games look a little more professional if they lacked the modelling and artistic experience.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

well the mobile version raked in ~$1m in 3 days... and that's bearing in mind it's iOS only and invite-only atm...

FWIW I liked Paragon, but I'm not surprised that it struggled for reasons i've elaborated on elsewhere on the forums.

Tags: Add Tags