1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete ⭐ SPARTACUS / MOD OF THE ARENA

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by abbas-it, 25 Dec 2017.

1. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

hi guys, here is a small update, i have started the electromechanically retractable monitor cover. its a 7" touch screen with which i can control all the other electro goodies i am intending on integrating. :) more to come
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. abbas-it

3. abbas-it

hi guys, its update time again, this time i can show you one of the reservoir pumps almost ready, as i started off it was the gauntlet shape i wanted. and now its skirted with a roman leg guard skirt of leather too. by unlacing it i can take it off too. like in real life :)

it was a matter of leather strips and eyelet rivetting as well as shoe laces and braid cutting and sticking.

a small video is at the end..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i bathed the braid in an acrylic paint bath before sticking it on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    after painting the visor guard i fixed it on and carried on with the leather lace and braid deco.
    as well as the skirting to cover the pump itself.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i rivetted them on with eyelets
    [​IMG]
    shoelaces
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    then it was amatter of touching it up with paint to weather it a bit.looked too clean,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i can actually unlace the back of it like a corsage and eject the reservoir if need be.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. _Prometheus_

_Prometheus_ Minimodder

Hard core. :rock:

5. abbas-it

glad you like it :)

hi guys, here is anothr little update, another one will follow today.
    i worked a bit ob the back plate armor with the snakes and wethering, as well as getting eyelets and leather strips here and there.
    alos made the laurus nobilis wreath design from the mid section lion out of braid like on the reservoirs too.
    moreto come.
    i had to warm the snakes before painting, they were coiled up and i wanted to determine the shape myself.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. abbas-it

Hi guys, its update time again, getting some color into the equations now.

first i made the staff flags and painted them in red shade ala roman robe and flag colors
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    next i got some paint and metal effect with dry brushing on the axes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    also did some dry brushing to dirty and shade the valerian shades
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    apart from that i metalised the golden painted standart eagles with weathering staining them and als the flag masts to dirty them up a bit, making them more realistic.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    then i had a brainwave, i dscovered my colleague was drinking coffee casules coffee, and noticed they look like the vizier of a galdiator helmet or underground vent of the colosseum, so i decided to cut the grill part out and use them as parts for the lioness shields which i was making.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    more to come

Dot_Kappa likes this.
  7. CAF PCs

CAF PCs Custom PCs

Jeez. One might guess you're trying to win or something. Looks crazy! Good luck

8. Dot_Kappa

Dot_Kappa 100% Puppet

:hehe::lol:

This is the way a modder saw the world :grin::idea:

9. CAF PCs

CAF PCs Custom PCs

The way an artist sees the world

10. abbas-it

you are right my freinds, the world is an ever changing caleidoscope dancing in a frenzy of ideas and imagination. the rainbows end cannot will never be found, thats why the spectrum of design in infinite, but lets keep trying to reach out and find the end,
    because the journey itself is the destination :)

anway, enough philosophy and back to the update.
    its amazing how well the coffee capsule shields are turning out.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. abbas-it

hi guys, how ya oll doin.
    sorry for the silence. but now i am back and the SPARTACUS madness continues. has to be finished for the DCMM at the Gamescom along with 3 other projects so lets get to it.

i have motorised the monitor which will still have some more chains pullit out, well optically anyway, while it is actually be pulled up from the concealed motor underneath

DSCN0698.JPG DSCN0699.JPG DSCN0700.JPG DSCN0701.JPG DSCN0702.JPG DSCN0703.JPG DSCN0704.JPG

Attached Files:

12. abbas-it

i also started some of the interior woodwork which will be stained to match the exterior later. pretty basic stuff though which will actually show where i am goinmg when the airbrush n paint comes into the equation. so watch out for that.
    i have made the mounte for the two gauntlöet pumps too. which now bring up the width to 105 cm. wow
    DSCN0711.JPG DSCN0714.JPG DSCN0716.JPG DSCN0717.JPG DSCN0727.JPG DSCN0721.JPG DSCN0730.JPG DSCN0732.JPG DSCN0733.JPG more to come

Attached Files:

13. abbas-it

hi guys, here is a little update. i started the backplate by first cutting some of it away. i will place a fan behind bars there. also i made and mounted the armor holder hooks and riveted in some vents on the bottom. i also started but havent finished the speaker holder wings on the side. more to come..
    DSCN0735.JPG DSCN0738.JPG DSCN0741.JPG DSCN0743.JPG DSCN0744.JPG DSCN0745.JPG DSCN0744.JPG DSCN0746.JPG

Attached Files:

14. abbas-it

15. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

You bring such a fresh and new skill set to modding and this to me is now looking like one of those mods i will talk about for years to come.

I always wished i just had an " i Win" button when it came to modding, sadly i don't.... but you do!

16. abbas-it

thanks DEFYaNt I appreciate your words. today i only have a mini update. tomorrow I will build these 4 fan covers. they will be built in 3D in layers bit of course in 100% hand made.
    DSCN0752.JPG DSCN0751.JPG DSCN0753.JPG DSCN0754.JPG DSCN0755.JPG DSCN0756.JPG

17. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I've had grommets like those lying around forever. I never thought about using them to dress holes in wood like that. BRILLIANT!

18. abbas-it

hey cheap, yes they work great, have done it quite a few times, gives you a nice clean hole to work with.... clean hole,,,,that sounds dirty.... :)

so hi guys its update time again.
    this time i made a roman shield, used one of my leather belts to deco the front bottom sides of the case and finished off the fan cover paint. DSCN0770.JPG DSCN0770.JPG DSCN0773.JPG DSCN0775.JPG DSCN0776.JPG DSCN0777.JPG DSCN0778.JPG DSCN0782.JPG DSCN0785.JPG

19. abbas-it

hi guys, here is another little update. i finished the shield which is now mounted on the monitor lift. it is mounted with weights in such a way that when the monitor raises, it always stay horizontally level. i also cut out some vents and made some worbla steel fittings like rib cages to set the cutout off.
    DSCN0797.JPG DSCN0799.JPG DSCN0802.JPG DSCN0803.JPG

20. abbas-it

after mounting the shield i decided to make the dangling counterweights myself and make them symbolic for the thousands of slaves and rebels that were slaughtered by crassus after he defeated spartacus. i used worbla to cover the aluminium rods and little skull necklace beads embedded in it to make the two danglers which will move up and down when the monitor is lifted. DSCN0792.JPG DSCN0794.JPG DSCN0796.JPG