1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Far Cry 5

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by pete*, 28 Mar 2018.

1. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

So, who has this !? I haven't seen a post for it to post in, which is, unusual... as I am sure quite a few
    people were looking forward to it.

I have yet to get it... 50GBP on Steam (Never will I pay that much for a game.) - So i'm looking around
    for the cheapest place to get it at the moment.

What is the consensus so far of those who have got it and played through a bit?
    I enjoyed all other FC games. Although a little repetitive later game.

2. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Not got it, but I think the cheapest place a mate and I found it on pre-order was from UPlay direct using the 20% off voucher if you have enough uplay coins. Other than that GMG was pretty close in price, or maybe it was CDKeys.

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I mean, the shovel throwing review intrigued me most of all.

I might pick it up for Xbone when it's in GAME's preowned list. I'm not sure I want to part with £50 for it on PC.

4. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I picked up the gold edition yesterday direct from Uplay (as said, if you have enough coins from completing challenges in other games you can get a discount).
    Happy to spend the high cost on the release price of the game as I know I'll get at least 60 hours of play from it and I don't spend my money on much these days... after the amount I stupidly threw at Star Citizen, I don't think I could ever complain about any other game being expensive.

Runs amazingly well on my 1070 GPU with a 3440x1440 screen and the settings on Ultra - averages at 45-50fps on the benchmark.
    I've played the game for about two hours, completing the initial 'tutorial' island and venturing up into the northern area to rescue my first ally (I like playing slow and quiet, so rescuing the girl with the bow seemed an obvious first move).

From what I've seen so far... It's a very pretty world, although a little bit quiet for a place overrun by a militant cult.
    I've only liberated one additional outpost beyond the starting island, found it to be a bit too easy as there were only about six enemies for the entire outpost.
    However some enemies seem immune to all damage from me but my allies can one-shot them, which is a bit odd.

I like that they've done away with much of the crafting from the previous Far Cry games and the whole climbing towers to reveal the map (you do it once in the tutorial mission and that's it from what I can tell).
    The world feels rather small, unsure if it expands at all after you claim the three areas surrounding your island.

Overall I'm enjoying it, there's some room for improvement and I'm sure it'll get some additional enjoyment when I eventually play co-op mode.

pete* likes this.
  5. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

That is what I want it for really. Trying to find it cheap so a friend can buy it too, is a lot for them to spend. Just a shame what I have heard about co-op is the guest doesn't get any progression/reward at all. I'm hoping that was just a mistake.
    I quite enjoyed the towers... getting a microlite on it instead of having to climb it. Good fun.

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

If I had 20 bucks I wouldn't need a game
    [​IMG]
    :naughty::naughty::naughty:

I'll be getting it tonight via uplay and the credit discount, although unsure if I should go for the version that includes the season pass. Probably worth it to get 20% off that at the same time.

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I have had £32 odd since January on Steam and have seen nothing worth buying. My pal sent me $20 for Xmas and then $20 again on my birthday in Jan and yeah, sod all.

I'm still not paying £50 for it though. They're havin' a laugh, ref.

9. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I desperately want to play this, and have hovered over the "buy" button at least a few times in the last week or two, but will resist until it's under £30. I did buy FC4 at £32.99 though... I remember this clearly, as I always* wait until games are under £30.

I enjoyed FC2 quite a bit, loved FC3 and FC4, so quite happy with mere tweaks to the existing formula.

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

So far 90% of the Metacritic and Steam reviews seem to be:

"I enjoy freely running around a very pretty environment shooting people in lots of ways and driving vehicles. I don't care about a story"

The turn-off brain and spend hours doing crazy **** wins again. Frankly I can live with that but either don't even bother to attempt a story or do one properly. The middle ground is just a time-waster. I'll wait til it's 15 quid.

11. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

The story-stakes are too high for games like this to complete IMO. This is never going to be a Witcher game - I need just enough story to frame the violence, tell me who I'm trying to kill, give me a vague reason of why they're trying to kill me, and make me say "totally saw that coming" when a good guy turns bad or bag guy turns good.

12. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Downloading now, 20% off. Far cry one of my favorite series of games alongside Mass Effect and Assassins Creed.

13. Retro~Burn

Retro~Burn Electronically Debauched Fiend

You guys can try G2A as well. But the UPlay points is a great shout as it's 20% (£10) off with 100 points and I'm fortunate to have 200!

14. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I’ve got it, preordered the gold edition but I had £50 in vouchers saved up so worked out at £25 actual money for me to spend.

Loving it so far but echo comments above that the map doesn’t feel as big as fc4 or fc3.

Everything is just that it sharper, higher detail and more polished. To me, it’s as different to 3/4 as 2 is to 3/4.

pete* likes this.
  15. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Played a bit more last night and moved out of the northern region to explore the south east the map.
    That area of the map feels like it has a better atmosphere, I quite like the weirdness going on as well... plus destroying the giant statue was very satisfying (though it seemed like it was made of paper mache with the way it fell apart).
    I really like the mechanic with the hallucinations and the random creepy singing from Faith in the south east area of the map, going to be sad when I have to kill her and it goes all quiet.

As some reviews have noted, the story is somewhat pants... their attempt at a serious story feels really out of place at times.
    The gameplay itself is brilliant and it makes for a pretty good sandbox, just wish they didn't try to force the story on you.

Just need to transfer my Steam friends to Uplay so I have someone to co-op with... never really noticed how empty my Uplay contact list was.

pete* likes this.
  16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i agree with the plot, it feels like they wanted to go full on but have been told to reel it in for fear of offending crazy ****s like the westboros or Scientologists. the game however is pretty good but id have preferred if it'd leave me alone for 5 mins. cant got for longer then a few mins without something kicking off.

thankfully i got it for £30 cause it sure as hell isn't worth 50

17. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Slow internets should be banned in this day and age, purchased it 5 hours ago, and still 3 hours to go until i can press the play button fml,

Microsoft games seem to use my full bandwidth and download at 4-5mb/s this however seems limited to 500-600kb/s ugh

18. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Going to give this a miss. I completed FC3 (which was good), started FC4 and realised it was more of the same. I expect FC5 to be no different aparr from being a bit prettier.

19. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Agree with the above too. The map isn't as big as I'd hoped, but the plethora of side quests and constant enemy battles gives you tons of playtime between core story events. I'm about 10 hours in and still not finished the initial area, although I'm a bit of a completionist. I'm anticipating 50+ hours from this game at the current progress rate. Weapons are customisable, kind of half-way house between The Division and COD. Loads of vehicles, land, sea and air and more importantly, no elephant riding... thank fu.... There's also recruitable hero characters with various abilities that fight along side you and you can give orders to, helping you with different scenarios. The perk system is quite large and non-linear, so you can choose which to take in any order you see fit. It allows you build your character around the missions you prioritise early on when perk points are less-common. The only negative is the inclusion of Silver Bar in game purchases to allow you to buy vehicles and weapons. There's no need for it with a full priced title. That being said, I've not purchased any and don't intend to and it's not affected my enjoyment. Great game though! Bonkers story and I'm finding that I'm really buying into the main characters backgrounds. The antagonists are very dislikeable, which adds to the immersion.

It's a recommend from me, if that's your type of thing.

Last edited: 30 Mar 2018
    pete* likes this.
  20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

ok, that was not an ending i was expecting. good game, playing through it again this time with no hud and only the bow, found it amusing that i can get the 50cal sniper with its stupid prestige skin (which you cant see thankfully) within an hour just hunting by the time i reached the first major town