1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Generic, I Don't Like Thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr_Mistoffelees, 26 Feb 2018.

1. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I didn't like my wife's ex husband.

He's dead now...

Behemoth and alfizzle like this.
  2. Sajuuk

Sajuuk Outsider who isn't welcome.

Just ordinary bulbs- the catch being I'm after ~100 watt equivalents which is what pushes the price up; most seem to be 40-60watt and they are indeed right around the £5-8 region. I did manage to find some for £6 which are stated as being 100w equivalents so I'll see how they bright they are- I can't stand dingy 60w bulbs or warm-white bulbs, I've got to have nice bright cool-white (~6600k ) 100w or higher ones...

3. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Door-to-door salespeople ... holy crap those annoy the **** out of me!

For the narrative below YGWIAN = Young Git With Ipad And Nametag

Me: <opens door to unknown caller>
    YGWIAN: Yes hello I come from ****, and we see from our records that you've turned our previous offers down.
    Me: Yes, let me just stop you right there. We're not interes...
    YGWIAN: Yes, but we now have this really good package that...
    Me: Still not interested.
    YGWIAN: But the package...
    Me: As I was saying; not interested
    YGWIAN: So, shall I just make a note in our permanent records that you're not interested?
    Me: Yes

In fact, now that I think of it, pretty much all salespeople annoy me.

TheMadDutchDude likes this.
  4. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

industry politics. Bunch of bloody morons.

TheMadDutchDude likes this.
  5. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Accidentally inhaling food while eating - then spending the next 5 minutes trying to eat the rest while coughing.

TheMadDutchDude and MLyons like this.
  6. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Makes you wonder how proponents of "intelligent design ®" manage to overlook that obvious and glaring design flaw...

MLyons likes this.
  7. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Cord retractors on hoovers, what's with them twisting the cable?

8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

You need to eat more carrots.

ElThomsono likes this.
  9. Sajuuk

Sajuuk Outsider who isn't welcome.

If I eat any more I'll end up looking like Trump...

10. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

I don't like impatient and aggressive drivers who can't wait a few seconds to let my son set off at his own pace at a roundabout as a learner driver.
    2 secs hesitation an they're beeping the horn. One W* in an Audi TT yesterday undertook him after about 10 secs on a tricky roundabout that I have to watch carefully on my way home from work every day.
    FFS, no patience or give & take, it's Me me me me me.

MLyons, IanW and TheMadDutchDude like this.
  11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

well there's your problem.

IanW, TheMadDutchDude and Arboreal like this.
  12. alfizzle

alfizzle Ooh aah just a little bit..

My bum hole neighbor at it again shouting at his missus for her password to god knows what. Then him spying on me when I go for a smoke out the back door? He thinks I’m the a hole... gah! Never even spoke to him ffs. Like to keep myself to myself but he’s getting to me., soon I’m going to say something.

13. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Which roundabout is that, Tre?

You’d be absolutely blown away with what my brother recorded on his drive today... similar idiocies and actually much worse. Someone couldn’t figure out how to speed up to join the motorway, so came to a complete stop on the side of the road. Unbelievable.

On another note, I also almost got taken out on Thursday. Copied from a text to my brother:

The guy in the lane next to me moved over, so I went to move into his lane, but the guy in front of him was slowing to turn into the gas station... so this prick swings back into the lane that I was moving into and almost smashed my front left wing.

Why are so many F-tards allowed to drive?!

14. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

It was the Asda / Station roundabout on Wessex Way heading from Richmond Hill towards Christchurch. We were turning right to go past that evil Asda slip road and off to the overcliff.

Dad and my Mrs now both have dash cams and I wonder if I ought to get one for the boy when he passes his test...

My grandmother was told whilst learning to drive in the late 1920s "Expect a fool on every corner" - maybe make that 2 these days. After all, every village has one :grin:

15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

DO get the lad a dashcam. Up here in N Wales, the popo specifically ASK for dashcam footage of stupid drivers.

16. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I had a dashcam. We were driving back from a farm shop at one point and were dangerously overtaken by some wazzock who was A) speeding, 2) nearly hit a bike coming the other way, and iii) according to the DVLA website registered SORN, which means also IV) uninsured. Uploaded the footage, checked you could clearly see the number plate, sent it to West Yorkshire Police's dedicated email address.

Heard nowt.

I don't bother with a dashcam any more.

17. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Yeah but when you're the guy coming the other way and he clips your wing and keeps driving you'll be kicking yourself.

Personally, I don't have one; nothing worth recording has happened to me since they became commonplace, and often they wouldn't cover enough of the road to give a full picture of what's happened.

18. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I can faintly believe that dashcams aren't at least an optional fit to cars these days, especially when you can spec systems which do most of the driving for you, and up to a dozen parking cameras.
    I assume this is something do do with regulations in particular geos about recording? I'd have one, but it's just another thing that I'd have to either permanently fit, or remember to put it up and take it down for every drive (even the ones around the corner, because you know the one time you're driving a mile away is the one time you're going to be in a crash and find yourself in a dispute about blame)

19. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Heh. I used to have one that I swapped between RS and Mundaneo. I forgot so often I just bought one specifically for each car, tbh, I don't see the point in doing it any other way given how cheap they are, and the hardware mounting kits being dirt cheap.

20. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

When doing the insurance last time around, dashcams would have mostly paid for themselves - started looking into it though and there are so many out there, and I'm sure 90% of them are trash, just didn't bother. I'd probably be more inclined to do it if it was easier to figure out which ones were decent.

I did once avert an altercation with a dashcam bluff though. Some idiot pulled in inches from taking out the front of my car, I hooted and flashed my lights, he stopped and got out of his car, I rolled down the window and asked if he really wanted to do this on camera, pointing to my rear view mirror (there's a cluster of cameras in there for driver aids, but none of them recording). He quickly got back in his car and carried on.

IanW and MLyons like this.