1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Far Cry 5

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by pete*, 28 Mar 2018.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Ending? blimey that was quick !

Waiting on my DVI - DP adapter. I am in pain lol.

2. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

And I thought I was playing through the campaign fast, skipped quite a bit of dialogue too... I've only just reclaimed one of the three sections of the map.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Got this yesterday. The DVI - DP adapter finally arrived around 5pm. Took a while to download but got there around 9pm. Game looks beautiful. Am running on a Fury X with 2.4ghz 10 core BE chip. Initially ran it on ultra @ 1920x1200 (using VSR on AMD) and noticed the max was around 90 FPS. However the lows were not good (low 30s) probably due to the clock speed of the CPU. So I drove on, and settled on 2560x1600. I thought this was going to be too much, but with the settings on ultra, shadows lowered to normal and texture res high (but not the world res etc) I got this.

[​IMG]

Which is more than acceptable. The mins jumped up, I would imagine because the onus is now on the GPU which is what I wanted any way. Great game, have been having some great fun with my pal :)

pete* likes this.
  4. suenstar

I've finished the campaign now, enjoyed the majority of the game.
    Managed to experience the game breaking 'death loop' bug - the game saves at the moment where your character dies and then you constantly reload with an instant death.
    ...It was a total pain finding a way to get out of that bug.

I found that I more or less stuck to two weapons for the entire game, sniper for picking off a couple of enemies from a distance and then LMG for clearing out the rest of the cultists when doing the close-range assault of a location. Would have liked more instances where another weapon would have been a more suitable choice but those two guns pretty much seemed like the most effective choice for every situation the game threw at me.

I also don't like that the game kept telling me not to kill innocent people when someone got caught in the crossfire but presented absolutely no repercussions for doing that if I continued to take out everyone in the way.

5. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Second the point about lack of repercussions for killing innocent NPCs. If they'd included some kind of faction metric whereby the killing of innocents would weaken your standing, maybe increase prices from the local stores/shops, then it may have made me be more careful.

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

My biggest issue is how the story as weak as it is; is forced upon you whether you like it or not, and the boss fights are truly terrible

It's a mild annoyance considering the rest of the game is pretty good.

7. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I don't follow. The story is forced upon you in all games, whether you like it or not, otherwise it'd be a sandbox game - which FC5 isn't.

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I buckled and grabbed on Xbone.

The only part of the story, so far, that really gets on my tits is
    Faith, her appearances around Henbane in Bliss-fog, and the bliss-swapping of animals/spawning of Angels. It's not even that they're hard to kill (Thanks, silenced M60) - It's that I don't see any means to stop the trap before it's sprung. It's even more infuriating when it's a civilian that you liberate. I cleared John's region without much fuss, apart from when he sends planes after you and I didn't get the RAT4 with lockon until I'd got one RP in Henbane.

I am mildly irked that you can't take down the obnoxious 'YES' statues, with the methods that I tried anyway.

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

there's a difference between direct and indirect story telling, and FC5 is regarded as a playground game, not a sandbox.

10. suenstar

I think it's more the way that Far Cry 5 does it so aggressively that is the issue, as the game is quite persistent with forcing you to take part in the story.

Most open world games like the other Far Cry games allow you to do things are your speed, have fun with causing as much mayhem as you like and then choosing when to go back to interacting with the story.
    Far Cry 5 however has that whole 'influence meter' mechanic that builds up for every action you do in a region, so each time the meter reaches a milestone the game forces an unavoidable story event on you that progresses you towards each of the bosses.

The worst part is that you could be in the middle of a really fun mission and the game suddenly goes "nope stop having fun... it's time to get knocked out and interact with one of the bosses again!"

Sentinel-R1 and Gunsmith like this.
  11. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Yep, I get that. I’ve just had that in Faiths region but once you've done the boss cut sequence or final battle, you're then free to finish clearing up in whatever order you like. I don't find it that intrusive to be honest.

If you don’t want the story and just fancy causing mayhem for a bit, that’s what the arcade feature was put there for though, right?

Last edited: 5 Apr 2018
  12. liratheal

I really, really, want to punch Faith in the face.

Honestly, I thought the constant PITA thing from her was a mechanic to make her easier to hate. On top of the culty dumbass druggy personality.

The_Crapman likes this.
  13. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I got some sort of bug where she would not shut the **** up. Not even going to a different area, dying, quitting the game entirely and going back in, just repeatedly banging on about those fudging cheeses! It didn't stop until after a cut scene after capturing a point. Half an hour of that wench. Half a bloody hour. I'm lucky I'm still sane.

pete* likes this.
  14. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Just finished John. I so wanted to put a bullet in that guy's head at each event. Sadly, I got him with a grenade in the end. 34/52 quest progression in the region, think I'm going North next.

15. liratheal

I wasn't expecting that ending.

I feel like this might be my favourite Far Cry game.

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

funny thing is if you actually stop and listen to the soundtrack the entire game and its ending is revealed through its lyrics.

17. liratheal

Huh. I couldn't stand the cultyness so I basically turned the radio off in every car.

18. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I just listen to the rock station and no hints yet. But that's ok: the only reason I'm playing the game is the story. I've got a suppressed sniper, suppressed AR, suppressed pistol, and currently the tractor cannon. Died a couple times when I got too close to the action but really, not much of a technical challenge here.

19. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

Lovzing this FarCry so far.

Just boosting up my perks completing the challenges and stuff. Really need to get my 3rd gun slot though. Can’t hold enough.

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

turn all the hud off, feels much better with no markers for anything on screen. audio cues are still annoying tho