1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

The day has been dry enough to be outside, the RS has all its trim back on, soldering is done, and the intercooler is partially mounted. Just need a couple of brackets making up and I can put the car back on the floor again.

Had a little bit of a rummage underneath and cleaned up old fluid deposits. Now just to keep an eye on where they were, and if they come back, start leak hunting.

2. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Finally made the switch from FreeNAS to Xpenology (DSM 6.1).
    It might be less powerful in theory... but good god everything's so much easier.

I had everything I wanted (Users, SMB shares, VPN, Plex, NextCloud, Transmission, printing) set up in a just few hours with a minimal level of frustration. The fact that the web UI isn't A. ludicrously unresponsive and B. designed by a schitzophrenic chimpanzee is already a massive improvement over FreeNAS. The tons of convenient plugin packages are great too.
    The old laser printer I had previously been struggling with for weeks to get working nicely with Windows, Linux and Android devices was instantly detected and ran basically right out of the box. My jaw literally dropped, I could barely believe it.

The hardest part was actually getting a few 100GB of data off of a previous FreeNAS UFS-formatted disk onto the new system. (After struggling with a dozen other solutions I ended up just mounting both the new Synology disk and the old FreeNAS disk on an Ubuntu live USB and copying the data over)

Another thing: I'm so glad I got a motherboard with IPMI (at a big discount) back when I configured my little server. Using Supermicro's IKVM interface comfortably on my main desktop instead of messing with a keyboard and monitor and squatting on the floor is just wonderful.

Arboreal likes this.
  3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

home made kebab... home made doner meat, flatbread, the lot...

4. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

My first thought was you made your own meat? My Second thought was people can live on farmers and make their own meat. Then a third more reasonable thought ruined my ponderings.

5. RedFlames

Whilst you can lab-grow meat now, i wouldn't trust my kitchen or my knowledge of the science behind it enough to try doing it myself.

6. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

my 2700x should be here in a few days :clap::lol::rock:

adidan likes this.
  7. RedFlames

Yeah yeah rub it in... *glares at dual-core*...

8. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm only doing it because my current system is on deaths door... and working at bt get's me some pretty good deals :happy:

9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I'm willing to work for free as your online cheeleader if that qualifies me for good deals too.

But no, I will not be wearing the uniform. It's better for everyone if I don't.

10. MLyons

I use up all of our good deal tokens. Yes, I think it's best for humanity if you don't put on that uniform.

11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Sunshine and warms.

12. RedFlames

That would have to go into the other thread for me...

MLyons likes this.
  13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

It would for me usually but I tell you what it does help with my moods and especially my anxiety which is chronic ATM. Got some bigger pills coming, but not til Friday so I just gotta sit (and sleep) it off for now. Feeling warm is nice. We've had a long winter for every one but I tell you man at the seaside it is double horrible.

I just want to ride now, and it looks like I will be very soon :D

14. RedFlames

Cold and miserable, hot and miserable... I'm miserable either way...

adidan likes this.
  15. Bradley

Bradley I used to have more banners than you :(

My dad texted me over lunch to confirm opening night tickets to Avengers: Infinity War :clap::clap:

MLyons likes this.
  16. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Just had these delivered:
    DbJmy7TWkAAG448.jpg

Two art prints from Mark Hardisty's Inlay, and one touch-up job on CRL's Blade Runner - a game which is very blatantly based on the film (you control an unnamed dude in a trenchcoat running along cyberpunk-noir streets in pursuit of a "replidroid" to retire in what is, effectively, two-lane Frogger) but, given CRL could in no way afford a licence, claims to be "a video game interpretation of the film score by Vangelis."

Note how small that bit is, compared to the massive "BLADE RUNNER" in the film typeface above...

17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Intercooler mounting brackets fit first time, no putzing about. Nice.

One job down.

18. MLyons

Going shooting Sunday, Fixed an annoying bug in some software and found out we may be able to automate over half of our benchmark suites.

19. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Stalking? Game? Trap? Target? Field target? Rifle? Shotgun? Practical pistol? Three-gun? DETAILS, MAN!

20. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Pool? Craps? METH?!