1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Anxiety.

I am going to meet up with a fellow BMXer tonight and help him build his old skool bike. It's not even a mile away and my nerves are shredded. Thing is, I know I will probably be OK once I get there, but nerves ugh.

2. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Looks like my gaming rig has died.
    Playing PUBG and it shut down all of a sudden.

I can smell burning and after checking lots of things (inc. new BIOS battery, as it needed changing), I saw sparks on the board after pressing the start button.

There goes my best ever and fave mobo - Asus Maximus VI Impact.

That's gonna be a hard act to follow.

The loan Skylake CPU offered last week hasn't arrived, and no reply from the generous sender :(

So, looks like a new s1150 Mobo is required - preferably Z87/Z97. Bang go my upgrade savings .

Could be worse, no one's injured or sick.

3. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Do you care what the board looks like? If my 2700x arrives soon I may have one spare.

4. Arboreal

Thanks ML, not sure whether i mentioned that it was mini ITX...
    I have no pride, just annoyance at the moment. Sad to waste a good i5 4670K and DDR3 1866.
    What have you go out of interest?

5. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

G1 sniper z87. We're pretty confident that my PC issues are caused by the CPU as I'm getting memory errors and have tried a different board and memory.

6. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Hmm. I'm considering selling my Asus Maximus VII Impact Z97 board as it has two memory slots / 16GB limit and I'm looking to get a mATX board with 4 slots for 32GB limit. Perhaps we can do something here if you don't want ML's board?

Last edited: 21 Apr 2018
  7. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Mother in law died Wednesday morning of pancreatic cancer, she'd come to llive with us for a couple of years when our daugter was born so we could continue working full time. Then moved in with her new partner who she subsequently married almost 3 years ago, but only a few miles away so she was always around to take our daugter to her swimming lesson on Mondays. She was very very close to our daughter who bravely has decided that she wants to speak at the funeral

Then my youngest brother was found dead last night of either a heroin overdose or complications resulting from sepsis due to leg infection (brought about by drug addiction and poor circulation due to type 1 diabetes)

Wife and myself are somewhat dazed atm :waah::waah::waah:

Last edited: 20 Apr 2018
  8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Yeesh... That's bad man... Inbox is open if you need/want someone to vent/talk to...

9. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Bloody hell @teacherboy , that's just awful. Really sorry to hear both of those bits of news.

10. Arboreal

So sorry to hear that, real tragedy for your family. Losing a relative is tough enough, but 2 in as many days is almost unbearable.
    Again, if you want to talk, just ask.
    We've all had losses, some more or less expected, but it all hurts.

11. Vault-Tec

You have my sympathies. Sorry, man.

12. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Thanks all - it's always good to know that there is compassion out there and that most people are fundamentally good and will have time to have an ear bent by strangers to vent whatever ails them. Life as they say does go on and I can now cross off on my giant list of "How to Adult".

1. Consoling a wife and child over the loss of a much loved mother/nana.
    2. Burying a sibling.

Strange how grief swings between massive sadness and outrageous glibness - interspersed with doses of immense practicality.

At least I can take comfort from the fact that neither of them now have to endure the physical or mental pain that they had this last year (or several years in the case of my brother)

adidan, IanW and Vault-Tec like this.
  13. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

14. Sajuuk

Sajuuk Outsider who isn't welcome.

RIP Verne Troyer

[​IMG]

15. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Fudging rain! Spent an hour coaxing an old lawnmower back into some sort of working order yesterday only for it to rain and scupper that. Then this morning again I have to spend 45 mins trying to get the dam thing to work, give up, borrow next doors, get a 6'x6' square patch done and now the rain returns. I'm sure it knows.

MLyons likes this.
  16. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Intel: Here's our desktop wifi kit...

Motherboard makers: Lol... it won't fit in any of our boards...

17. MLyons

2700x order has been delayed...

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

microsoft deciding that a stylus is now no longer a writing/drawing implement but is now a greasy finger free touch screen panning implement. ive spent the better part of a morning trying to diagnose why my cintiq went apeshit. had to roll back their "update" with a reg hack.

19. Vault-Tec

Anxiety again. Got a 3pm appointment to the Pdoc and am scared crapless already. Ugh. Hoping I get larger pills to help out.

20. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Wacom and Windows 10, especially with Photoshop in the mix, have been doing my tits in for a week. I have no idea how this could be so complicated - It wasn't such a ballache before 1709!