1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete ⭐ Project "Cryolab" benchtable (X MOD)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Y.G Casemod, 20 Dec 2017.

1. Y.G Casemod

Y.G Casemod Extreme modder

Waiting for further development we will see the video summary of the construction step 2 to see the phases in sequence.

Good vision and stay tuned.

2. Y.G Casemod

The processing steps for the support of the 240 radiator continue.[​IMG]

The parts are finished now lacks the entire cover for the rad with its custom grids.

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Y.G Casemod

The construction of the airbox / cover for the 240 mm EK Coolstream XE rad begins.[​IMG]

Also on him will be mounted two Delta 3500 RPM fans (in the photos are in pre-assembly test).

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Y.G Casemod

Before proceeding to complete the airbox / cover at 240 rad, I had to temporarily switch to the rear panel.

In the photos we will see the panel with all the openings for the extraction of hot air, the opening for the PSU, and the 2 openings for the purge valves of the 2 loops.

At the top we will also see how I thought and obtained the ssd compartment that will be easily opened and removed to interchange them by removing the 4 screws (there will be further developments).

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Y.G Casemod

To finish the rear panel setting here are the supports for the 2 loop emptying valves.[​IMG]

NB. the panel can be easily removed by unscrewing 4 screws for possible operations without disassembling the loops.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Y.G Casemod

The works continue.

Completed also the construction of the airbox / cover of the rad cpu.

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Y.G Casemod

So much work to do again.[​IMG]

Arrangement for acrylic tubes of the vga with pass-through fittings.

I apologize for the prolonged absences but I have a bang to do.

But anyway there are. XD

Stay ever tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Y.G Casemod

Full speed ahead.[​IMG]

The construction of the parts and all the external predisposition is almost complete, some small details are missing, then we move on to modifying the interior (and here it will be fun ...).

In these photos we will see:

Openings for all wiring (sleeving led etc.).

Construction of the right side rad right airbox (simplified sequence because already integral sight for the SX part).

Finally we will see a special cover that will be applied over the rad.

Note that in the front of this cover a niche has been created to house the LED (it will be backlit with my logo) while in the back a niche has been created, and in its correspondence in the chassis an opening will be made ( Dremel) that will be an additional air intake to give further help to the intake of cold air for the psu.

the cover was made for both the left and right side.

Then we will see the developments and understand better the work that I intend to do and how it will be performed when I will change the interior.

Still a lot to see.

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

_Prometheus_ likes this.
  9. Y.G Casemod

Well let's continue.[​IMG]

The work on this monster continues, we are very close to the painting phase.

After giving a nice clean to the extreme mess that I made of scrap cuttings, dust and chips after various milling, we begin to change the interior.

In these photos as anticipated we will see that the banquet will be completely moddato also inside.

Realization of dynamic conveyors phase 1.

We will see the first pieces, how they will be assembled and the test placement of one of the two pumps of the loops (this applies to both that will be arranged in the same way).

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheapskate likes this.
  10. Y.G Casemod

Continue the modding of the interior of the banquet.[​IMG]

Realization of dynamic conveyors phase 2.

Very complicated work already of its in the realization and made even more difficult by additional works, because now I have to prepare everything with drilling holes etc. for the internal piping and all the wiring that will then have to go to the top.

In the photos we begin to understand the arrangement of the parts and what they are for.

NB. Remember that I told you that in the developments everything would be understood better about the openings on the sides? In the two rear conveyors I have made the openings for the air intake of the psu and as you can see the openings both on the rear panel and on the sides of the banquet are used for a very specific reason.

NB. In the photos we can see that interposed between the conveyors on each side there are two panels that I have created as a support LED that will be used for the backlighting of the conveyors.

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheapskate likes this.
  11. kim

kim hardware addict

really beautiful :thumb:

Y.G Casemod likes this.
  12. Y.G Casemod

THX man.:cool:

13. Y.G Casemod

Very well.[​IMG]

After long months of work the construction of the myriad of custom parts that make up the mod is finally completed.

It starts with the assembly of the interior of the mod.

The assembly is very complicated and will go hand in hand with the painting of the pieces that have a precise sequence of assembly (without that you can not mount that).

In practice I will paint the necessary pieces and I will assemble them as I go.

Meanwhile, in these photos we will see the huge amount of pieces made (who followed the worklog up to here has already seen the time taken to make them) and the final positioning of the 2 D5 (pumps) with a lot of custom sleeving to the related cables and PSU.

Still a lot to see.

Soon the video of step 3 with works performed up to this point.

Stay always tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Y.G Casemod

Waiting for further developments see the video of step 3.

This is the summary of all the work performed so far in this step.

Stay tuned.

15. Y.G Casemod

Update.[​IMG]

After having painted the front frame and the two special points of the rads that will be in view, continue to the assembly.

In the photos we will also see the upper side openings with the metal grid, the two internal panels with RGB LEDs for the backlighting of the internal dynamic conveyors and the two supports for the rear liquid drainage taps, to which the overhead fittings have already been installed.

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Y.G Casemod

Update.[​IMG]

The tubing begins on the inside and the preparation for painting with the predisposition for the RGB rear-lighting of the dynamic conveyors.

In the photos we will see the first connections of the pumps with T-fittings to the drainage taps and the predisposition for the passage of the pipes to the upper floor (later we will understand everything better).

Inside, the soft tube will be used for convenience and necessity, since the steps and arrangement of the whole is very complex and elaborate, but I have tried to arrange them in such a way that where they are in view they are similar to the rigid ones.

We will also see how the conveyors are presented with the "Honey Grid" pattern (here too we will see the finished painting result).

In the last 2 photos we will also see an excerpt of the wiring, which I will not be able to show in full saving you this torment.

PS.The wiring of this mod is also difficult both to describe and to explain, I only say that the lighting (which is only part of the wiring) is divided into several parts and with differentiated controls.

To give you an example on the complexity of the thing, just think that the tangential illumination of the grids of the rad is controlled on a channel of one of the 2 Controllers (CM 430) and then touch dimmer.

No, there are also UV LEDs on the cryochamber that have the same control system on another controller channel.

That said connecting the led strip in output on the channel is not read and therefore not controllable.

To avoid this, it needs the rpm signal of the fans and therefore a whole series of particular connections.

.... who thinks that the wiring is a nightmare has not seen anything yet. XD[​IMG]

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Y.G Casemod

Advancement.

Here's how the finished dynamic conveyors are presented with Honey Grid backlighting.

I also put the link to the very short video of the test operation of the RGB LED that shows the final effect.

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Y.G Casemod

The situation is getting worse.[​IMG]

In the middle of the sophisticated wiring I also have to set up the tubing connecting to the upper part.

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Y.G Casemod

Work progress.[​IMG]

In these photos we will see the realization of the second cover / airbox of the DX rad (specular to the SX).

Airbrushes are very complex, because they must be performed on multiple levels and there is no margin for error, as always the penalty is to redo everything from scratch.

We will also see how they look after having mounted the 3 painted Delta and the partial assembly of the parts (the two covers are missing (front and back to the rad).

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheapskate likes this.
  20. Y.G Casemod

Work continues and we begin to see the size of this monster.[​IMG]

In particular, in the photos we see the Cryochamber (the tank door that lacks the upper part that is being painted) with the final airbrushes, missing only the transparent opaque finish.

NB. It will also be backlit. There will also be the LEDs in the upper part for static lighting with intensity control dimmers and also the UV LEDs to highlight the fluo orange central airbrush.

I'm also working on the floor, even when painting with airbrushes, etc.

Then you will understand everything better during assembly.

Then waiting for the drying of other painted parts, we proceed to the final connection of the 6 Delta on the rad from 360 through 2 fan splitter positioned on the grids and LEDs for lighting of the latter.

At the end of the work the wiring will be invisible as it is all developed in the underlying part.

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheapskate likes this.