1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Fastest Car

Discussion in 'General' started by Vault-Tec, 25 Apr 2018.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Any one watched the first season? bloody briliant TV.

Basically they take cars (sleepers, ratty, supercars etc) give you a back story, then do a drag race. The winner progresses onto the final race etc.

It's awesome, best car show I have seen in years. Deffo worth checking out (Netflix). Was a great day for me binge watching :)

Really hoping they do another season of that. Could watch all day (already tested haha).

Guest-16 likes this.
  2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I saw a trailer for this, kinda seemed like they pad a few 10 second races out to half an hour with manufactured filler nonsense.

3. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Basically that, if there was a bit more depth on the builds and less NOS it might have been more interesting. Oh and if there were actual corners rather than drag, could be done with UK sprint and hillclimbers and be a lot more interesting. Not that I am biased being a sprint/hillclimber :D

It's good that Netfix and Amazon are trying this stuff though as normal TV is a bit too samey these days playing it safe with reality and song/dance cook shows.

Arboreal likes this.
  4. Vault-Tec

If you are into cars the filler nonsense is about as raw motor racing as you will find. That was the good bit for me. Plus I'm a sucker for a story.

Best car for me? Pocket Change.

5. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Is it about the cars or the people, though? I'd quite happily (and do, my youtube history is full of it) would watch hours upon hours of car builds and background. Less interested in the (probably manufactured) story trying to make me care about the person driving it though. The trailer seemed to make sure it touched all of the stereotypes and position it as "Rich kids in their Lambos that don't know anything about cars vs blue collar hot rod drivers that are skint but have been doing it since they were 2 vs fast and furious types with their over-decalled japanese tuner cars"

A hill climb or circuit would be excellent too, but I find the extremes involved in building a proper-fast drag car just as interesting as a well balanced circuit car.

6. Vault-Tec

Yeah hopefully if there is a season 2 (fingers crossed) they will diversify it a little and add in something else. But some of the cars, man. Especially Pocket Change. Just awesome ! and yeah you do get the sludgy American back story but I tell you what they are good. Not just usual BS exaggerated. But seeing some of the cars is just mind blowing man. The dual turbo diesel truck for example, just balls out nuts.

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This. I watched the first episode and there wasn't even a race! There's no tech on the cars - one guy wouldn't even lift the lid on his truck - and no word how much they spent... nothing actually happened.

8. jizwizard

jizwizard Modder

Just started to get into this and so far so good. It’s difficult as the only time I get a chance is when I get home from work and often or not the little one will come in screaming that I’ve turned her bloody my little ponies off

Vault-Tec likes this.
  9. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Watched this after reading the thread and quite enjoyed it. Agree with Andy, my favourite was 'Lunchmoney', I think that's what you called Pocket Change?

A few of them were a massively optimistic about power outputs. That blue pickup that was supposedly 1500bhp that couldn't even beat a NA small block v8, yeah course it is mate.... but overall - enjoyable.

10. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

You ever watch MightyCarMods?

11. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Probably my favourite YouTube car modding channel. Those blokes are not only hilarious to watch, they do some absolutely amazing custom builds. Loved the Honda powered Mini and the RB26 240Z. Even the Subaru powered Beetle was incredible, although it'd been done many years before they did theirs.

12. Vault-Tec

I watch MCM. Great chill to watch. Love the Datsun they're doing ATM !

Yeah it is pocket change. Doh lol. It's because he keeps saying he would save his lunch money at school :D - FFS sorry brain malfunction. I blame being up at 5:55 after not sleeping very much, if at all.

Sentinel-R1 likes this.
  13. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

At last another FAN!!! that 240Z is my dream car so I'm so happy they're finally working on it. I feel like their personalities make the channel but it also still has entertainment and education mixed into one. It's a perfect combo. That S13 was nice aswell

14. Vault-Tec

My mate in America had a 240z for his first car. It ended up in a pond (he lost control lmao). We still rib him over that. What a wally :D

15. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

The car is actually called 'lunchmoney' - it's plastered down the side of it and they even had t-shirts of it. Not anywhere does it say pocket change ;)

16. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I'm a total fan! The skills they have between them and their friends like Turbo Yoda and the Haltech guys, nothing is too big of a job. Even them knocking up the Subarute in 3 days with bits of scrap... amazing stuff.

17. Vault-Tec

Yeah I know hence the edit. This morning was a bit of a nightmare tbh. Up at 5:40 and then had to spend nearly two hours on the phone soon after.

18. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Sorry bud, missed the edit. :) Great show though, so appreciate the heads up!

Vault-Tec likes this.
  19. daveypro

daveypro Minimodder

project binky > all that above

Sajuuk, David and Vault-Tec like this.
  20. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder