1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics relay connecting

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Elvito, 14 Feb 2002.

1. Elvito

Elvito What's a Dremel?

Since it would be incredibly stupid to buy a 'dual psu gadget thingie' from Overclockers.co.uk and wait for the postmen to bring it to my door, wich would take like forever, i decided to do something else.

That's right, i'm gonna build the thingie all by my self. Only one problem though. :(

The connectors and stuff is no prob at all, but i wouldn't know the first thing about how to connect that damn relais.
    Now i allready found a Belgian (that's right i'm a Belgian :D ) reseller that stocks the relays i need, but i don't know wich kind.

So if you dudzies would be so kind to tell me wich relay i should take from the list, and tell me just how to connect the damn thing.
    :):):)

Btw, i think the whole idea with the module is, that when the primary psu turns on, the relay shuts and the proper ATX connectors from the secondary psu are shorted by the relais.
    Correct me if i'm wrong. :confused:

2. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

There's a how-to at Powering an ATX PSU without a Mobo! though their site seems to be hard to get these days.

From memory you'll need a 12v DC relay coil, with the coil connected to 12v from psu#1 . Then the green and a black wire from psu #2 are taken to one of the switch contacts that is open when off, closed when energised. You don't need a high current rating, any small relay will do.

3. eaterofpies

eaterofpies What's a Dremel?

yeah that sounda right to me too but they said u need a high power relay :-/
    have a look on modsearch for more details

4. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

5. Brackish

Brackish What's a Dremel?

Their site seems hard to get to because the URL is wrong. Put a '-' between 'virtual' and 'hideout' and it should work just fine. Like this. Enjoy.