1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Does anyone here stream or upload to YT?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Matticus, 5 May 2018.

1. Matticus

Matticus ...

Hey all,

I just started streaming on Twitch under the name MrMattics, it's something I have wanted to do for a long time and for whatever reason I put it off thinking it would be harder to setup than it actually is. I have no expectations of any form of success, this is purely for fun. If I get followers (or subscribers when/if I am eligible to do so) then awesome, but mainly because it just increases the enjoyment of interacting with people.

Do any of you guys stream or upload videos to YouTube etc? Would be interesting to see what sort of content you are putting out, so drop a link and open up some discussion!

I don't want to start any of that follow-for-follow sillyness, I have done my best to stay away from all that. I'd rather people follow because they want to, not so I follow them.

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I noticed you are playing Fortnite. This has been my go to game for a while now, great fun. I hope your channel grows. I will follow you, and if you are live I will give your channel a watch :thumb:

3. Matticus

Matticus ...

Oh wow, thanks man! That is much appreciated! If you catch a stream, drop a message in the chat and maybe we can grab a game together some time!

I have been playing a lot of Fortnite, I will mix it up but damn that game is addictive! I only have 1 solo win and 11 or 12 squad wins, this past week I've been a bit poo to be honest, probably over tired from playing too much Fortnite!

Mr Happy likes this.
  4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Definitely up for a game at some point. I will drop a message in chat when I have time to play, we can go from there. I only have 3 solo wins, 1 Duo win and around 18 squad wins. It is easy to say I have more laughs than Victories :grin:

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I don't upload much of anything to YT due to having a shite upload speed (0.6Mb), but I throw up the odd round of War Thunder if I've had a blinder, or some choice moments.

6. Matticus

Matticus ...

I haven't really played much War Thunder (never really clicked with the flying) and have only tried it handful of times since the inclusion of ground forces... but damn in that last video even I could see that you really cleaned up! Great job!

That sucks about the upload speed, I assume it's a geographical limitation so not much can be done about it? I would say it sure beats the days of dial up, but the type of content being consumed and created these days, it's probably worse relatively speaking!

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I'm not a fan of the plane side of things in WT, it's too repetitive in comparison to ground forces. Also, any bullet will do damage to a plane. So many of the later stage tanks are easy to bounce shells off. Scary the first time you go up against a MAUS and every shot just bounces off its armour.
    Best streak I've managed to pull off was clinching a round back for my team and getting 17 kills in a row with a Stug F doing a flank. Sadly, there was a patch the following morning, so the replay wasn't compatible and I couldn't record it.

Upload speeds are limited by a 30-year old copper phone line that's been broken by falling trees on the farm at least a dozen times. ISP won't replace the line until we top or fell the trees and we can't do that yet since there is a property going to be under construction soon on the farm :) Once that is done, I'll be looking at getting Fibre.

8. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I'll drop you a follow on Twitch :)

I used to YouTube many moons ago in the Assassin's Creed multiplayer "glory days", but I sort of lost interest in it. I'd absolutely love to stream, but even after moving to fibre, the best upload I can possibly get out here is 1Mbps up and I worry people will just think it looks crap so don't bother. Instead I help a friend run his stream, I basically do everything except the actual streaming bit :hehe: I'm on YouTube/Twitch/Mixer/Caffeine etc. as HexyWoo. (If you look at my Twitch, ignore the only VoD I have. It's typical that the one time I made a highlight was the stream where everything looked and sounded really bad! I need to stream again just to get another highlight :lol:)

9. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

About the only thing I've uploaded were a couple of Killer Instinct fights from the Xbox when I first got it just to see how it worked

10. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I've put up some Guildwars 2 footage on youtube.

11. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I've done the odd bit of streaming, both some games and some xoc. Can be fun but not enough for me to do it all the time as requires a bit of prep etc.

12. Matticus

Matticus ...

I setup the StreamLabs OBS because it nicely packages everything up. I use a very simple overlay so not really much to configure etc, I would say the hardest part was getting mic levels decent without picking up the background or keyboard too much, and without clipping my voice when I drift off quietly. Now I just hit "Go Live" and it's up and running.

Thanks for the follow Hex!

Post your links guys, I want to see these vids! :clap:

13. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Used to upload YouTube videos nearly daily for about 4 years but you'll never find them as they have my high pitch voice in it from around 5-6 years ago :p Been thinking about getting into streaming though.

14. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Nah... No-one wants to watch me flail about in STO or EVE or whatever...

...that said i have done some steaming, but it's limited to showing someone how to do something cos it was quicker than explaining it.

FWIW - I found it easier to stream to Mixer, but watching on Twitch seems to lag less. Other than that i have no real preference for either platform [have no comment on the bookface, youtube or twitter equivalents].

15. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I was meaning more in terms of for gaming need to actually play a game for a decent length of time which isn't something I do much of anymore, and for benching it requires setting up webcams etc every time, and then after all that your mic decides to go weird when you go live (but is fine when doing a test recording) haha.

16. RedFlames

[​IMG]

17. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

I'm Bettyblue23. Following now. Nice muscles! No homo....

18. RedFlames

IIRC I'm NinjaBrick on mixer and MiniFlames on Twitch, but so if you see either of those lurking your channel - it me.

19. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Used to upload a fair bit to YouTube and I did regular-ish sessions on Twitch too. A few years ago I also did videos for the Ready Player 2 youtube channel for around 6 months. In the end I packed it in because I just wasn't enjoying it any more. The editing took at least 3-4 times longer than the actual recording did, so if I picked it back up again I'd definitely stream instead.

I also did a couple of very long charity livestreaming sessions. One was 2x24hr stints playing Minecraft, and the second was ~33hrs straight playing XCOM Enemy Unknown with my brother and a mate. It was supposed to be 36hrs - I thought I'd only closed my eyes for a second or two but apparently I was snoring quite loudly. According to a viewer: "You were sawing logs back there, man". The charity stuff was hard work. Not just staying up that long, but trying to be entertaining, respond to chat, keep an eye on the stream, solicit charity donations, and play the damn game, all at the same time, for that long, is hard work. Been thinking about doing something similar again soon but I just don't have the hardware for it any more.