1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Deadpool 2 HughJackman/10

Loved it, and all the Logan references in the beginning. I haven't laughed so much in ages (especially at the mid-credits scenes, oh, and the last song of the credits (no post credits bits for this one)).

2. Xir

Xir Modder

Beauty and the Beast (2017) - Musicalbwaaaaach! / 10

Ah, I thought is was the "real film" version of the Disney animated movie.... it is not, it is the movie made after the Disney Musical (which itself is older than the animated movie, I didn't know that)
    Anyway, it's a musicalgasm, pumped up to nearly two hours.
    I Effing hate musicals, so my review score is probably not unbiased. :rollingeyes:
    That said, it was too much endless singing for my wife too. In the end we were both bored.

The animated movie (that the kids watch regularly) has less songs, the songs are shorter, and the entire movie is a lot shorter AND funnier.

The animation is....over the top really, sometimes hyperrealistic. Only letdown was the "Beast"...hair Animation seems to be a Problem at Disney.

3. Xir

Xir Modder

Gold - 8/10

An impressive performance by Matthew Mc Conaughey, and overall a fascinating film.
    I'd expected it to be utterly boring, but no, well paced and a gripping Story.

4. Vognen

Vognen Minimodder

Tully - 7/10

From the screenwriters and director of Juno. A movie about a woman, who hires a night nanny to help with the chores after giving birth to her third child. Movie is great, and while I did go and watch it on the misses premisses, I was thoroughly entertained

5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Avengers Infinity War - Magic with a kick/10

Solid film no mega holes seems to have mixed two comic books together which works
    Better that hes just a mad titan than he is trying to impress death because it would be hard to work that angle.
    Dinklage being not very small was amusing. End cut scene is a giveaway as two who appears but main thing is how will it go forward from here

6. Sajuuk

Sajuuk Outsider who isn't welcome.

Pacific Rim: Uprising - enormous plotholes/10

It was fun, but as many have noted the dialogue is garbage in many places, the CGI not as good as the original, John Boyega's accent, and had almost none of the emotion either when you saw Jaegers biting the dust ( even watching the original 2 or 3 times you still feel all the pain and emotion, as silly as that might seem ). Over all, I'd call this movie fun, but largely soulless with one or two gaping plotholes- the set up for a potential third film was... interesting, that would be even more of a spectacle and round out the trilogy I suppose ( we don't need a Pacific Rim franchise spinning off a dozen films like F&F, please... ).

The aliens are still alive and well in their dimension, as are their monsters, but they can't create their own portal(s), and they just so happen to have a dozen or more Kaiju ready to pass through at a moments notice, even though they couldn't possibly have any kind of inter-dimensional communication to organise such an event with mind-controlled Newt? Sure...

7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

The best bit of that film is Luke Evans, there could be a supercut of just Luke Evans' scenes and I would watch it.

That man needs to be in more films.

8. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Deadpool 2 - Deadpool/10
    Some people felt it was slow, but, having re-watched DP1 after this, it felt faster than DP1.
    All the elements are there. If you liked the first one, you'll like this.

Terminal - 5/10
    What's better than Margot Robbie? Margot Robbie pole dancing.
    My slight obsession with the woman aside, this film only works because of the film noir type production.
    Robbie's acting would stick out negatively in any other type of film.
    The dialog also isn't entirely up to snuff for a film that's based almost entirely on dialog, and the plot is predictable.

9. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Yeah that's how I'd sum it up, I can't sum up any one bit I liked like the first or even cared about anyone but I enjoyed it, it's still far better than Transformers!

10. Xir

Xir Modder

The Limehouse Golem - 8/10
    Well played, well casted, great scenery, and some good suspense, slipped under my radar somehow.

Killer's Bodyguard - 8/10
    IF you like Ryan Reynolds and Samuel Jackson, cause they both play a role seemingly written just for them

Colossal - 2/10
    Well this could have been nice movie....but then it turns into a tragedy that's mostly boring

11. Xir

Xir Modder

Larry Crowne - 6/10
    Missed this one somehow, nod a great miss though. The movie isn't a real highlight, but good for a nice evening with the missus.
    We were entertained.

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Hellraiser 2: We have such sights to show you/10

Clive Barkers masterpiece, the best of the Hellraiser series. shame it goes kinda downhill from here.

13. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

tomb raider 6/10 much better than the jolie trillogy altho nowt brilliant story wise, and compared to the rebooted game a much more down to earth storyline (does feel like they had a changed it midway through) which was a nice change from the usual cgi based fantasy elements .

the ending tho feels like if a sequel were ever to happen the story is heading towards an assains creed esque templar story line

14. Xir

Xir Modder

American made - 8/10
    German Title: Barry Seal: Only in America
    Tom Cruise is not as close to the original character as Matthew Mc Conaughey is in Gold, still the movie is extremely entertaining, and the story is fantastic.

15. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Didn't like it at all, thought they should have just left it well enough alone and not made it. Just shows, you can't make a movie that everyone will like.

16. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 7/10

Nothing special plot-wise, but it's very enjoyable and (as expected) the effects are awesome. Great one to watch at IMAX if you get the chance.

Princess Mononoke 10/10

This was on TV recently so I recorded it and sat to watch it with my breakfast the following day. Sensational animation.

17. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Pacific Rim 2: 7/10 okayish sequel but the action sequences wernt as good a the first one. at times it was very close to power rangers level action wise.

side note scott eastwood almost just looks like his dad

18. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

AntMan : 6/10

Disappointing. Why the hell did they cast Michael Douglas ?

19. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

At this point, there isn't all that many more options for who Disney can cast in a Marvel movie... I'm surprised there are enough free actors to make up the non-Comic book movies nowadays!

20. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Dead Pool 2; Arf /10

Even though you know what to expect after watching Dead Pool the first, it was surprisingly a funnier filum