1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Defending Your Home

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Guest-23315, 5 Apr 2018.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

2. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Common sense at last ..

3. walle

walle Minimodder

Castle doctrine...

I feel sorry for the old man and he should never have been arrested in the first place.

4. silk186

silk186 Derp

That would depend on where they were stabbed. If a single stab didn't stop an attacker more would be warranted. If they were stabbed once in the front and multiple times, that would no longer be self-defence. Ten times would be overkill. Even if it was a case of overkill, if you are not a soldier or someone trained in combat, overkill is possible to justify given the mental state of someone being attacked in their home, especially if they have children.

Dave Lister likes this.
  5. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Do you expect the police to turn up at the scene of a killing and just accept the story? Of course he should be arrested, any person that kills another should be arrested and the facts sorted out.

The home defence laws are pretty reasonable, I don't have to have the situation you have in the US.

cjmUK, Nexxo, Corky42 and 2 others like this.
  6. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

good news about his case been dropped.

IMO: I think you should be able to use all force necessary for the invader to stop what there doing. If its in your home.

Out doors and/or none residential property i think the current law is fine. As its much less likely they are their to course anyone harm, just nicking stuff.
    You dont know why they are in your house. could be to rape and murder your family, you dont know, so thats why i think all force necessary for that.

Last edited: 19 May 2018
    Corky42 likes this.
  7. silk186

silk186 Derp

Of course, but the case still needs to be investigated properly to ensure events happened as reported.