1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. cowtc

cowtc What's a Dremel?

Oops, should be ok now.

I think the cooled seats feature is underrated, hot days or after workout it helps stop sweaty back and buttocks!

2. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

In lower revs on higher gears yes, especially 4th and 5th (has 6 forward gears this) but from 1st to 3rd gear hardly any.

3. acemodder

acemodder Official Antec Rep

Thank you very much.

4. slimithy

slimithy Minimodder

Oh wow, I never thought I would hear from anyone online who literally lives round the corner from me, I'm only 100 yards down the road on Hanslope.
    I some times park over the road to your house when I pick my daughter up from school, you may have noticed my metallic red Juke with black grille and matching wheels, which I don't have a pic of for this thread unfortunately.

Almightyrastus and MLyons like this.
  5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Traded in the Mercedes using Nissan Switch scheme end of last year, for a second hand Nissan Leaf.

Fuel cost alone for the Mercedes was around £170 per month when I was commuting using it. PCP + fuel cost of Leaf if I commute using it would be £150, so if I increase PCP miles from 8000 to 14000 needed to do all of my commute, it would still cost similar.

Oh, and the eyes arrived today, so pic:

[​IMG]

The Skoda diesel stays as long distance car. Public charging infrastructure is not ready to be depended upon.

6. acemodder

Had the rear muffler removed and twin resonator pipes fitting instead on my 370z nismo today.

She sounds like a V6 now!

TheMadDutchDude and MLyons like this.
  7. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Oh cool. Hanslope is our standard driving route to pretty much anywhere that doesn't need the motorway, down there, Glaisdale, Wollaton, ring road, freedom!!! We've been in our place for about 2 years now but I have always lived in the same sort of area, always had an NG8 postcode.

acemodder and slimithy like this.
  8. acemodder

sounds like you two ^^ need to go on a blind date :) hahaha

slimithy likes this.
  9. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Big up the Nottingham massive, whup whup!

10. Almightyrastus

Never met him, but no doubt I've had worse...

11. cowtc

cowtc What's a Dremel?

That's near Bruce Wayne's home isn't it?! I was there couple weeks ago

12. Almightyrastus

Yup, not far. Decent walk to get there but certainly doable.

13. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I’m still loving my little beast. I’m a true truck lover now. Can’t get enough of the thing.:)

[​IMG]

14. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

We recently picked up a Abarth 595 Trofeo to run alongside the M140:

[​IMG]

Hilariously loud (Monza exhaust) and feels like a go kart on the local B roads.

The M140 has a few M performance goodies, most notable of which is the full M performance exhaust. Currently the two cars have a game of who can be loudest on start up..

15. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Elise 220 + skinny rears + skid pan = FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU TYRES!

[​IMG]

16. Canon

Canon Reformed

May I come in...? Or are we restricted to motorcycle mayhem? :eyebrow:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Picked this up a year ago, because my inner child just couldn't bare not to.. I wanted one of these when I was a teenager and couldn't afford it. It's noisy, it's smelly and it's the most unreliable thing I have ever used and for all this I love it even more. When I purchased this it wasn't running at all, came as stock from 2006, had electrical issues (rectifier was murdering batteries) and I thought you know what? Would be cool to have the ONE that isn't mistreated. Most of these machines were owned by teenagers and 9/10 ended up getting ruined or scrapped, it's the last of the old <2006 types and since EURO4 I doubt we're ever going to see something like this on the road, future classic? Maybe..

In there I've got a Rotax 122 cylinder, forged flat top piston, flat VHM cylinder head, cylinder ported of course. 34mm flat side racing carb, Vforce carbon reed valves, SAMCO pipes, Lithium battery (<500g!!). Next on the list, full arrow exhaust, rearsets and a quick action throttle. With the work complete I will more or less be sitting on a moto3/gp machine, it would certainly fair well in it's class anyway, although not nearly as light as the Honda RS.

The only thing that makes the frequent seizures worth while is the sound this thing makes when I drop a gear and pin it...:eeek: Oh and I painted this myself, so be gentle with me, I know it's shoddy workmanship.

Byron C likes this.
  17. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Little beast? That thing would look huge on Somerset lanes.

18. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I think it would take up both sides of the road... :)

Yeah, little truck. It sure comes in handy when moving fire doors from work to home to use as your desk, though! :D

It’s still oh so very satisfying when you turn her over first thing in the morning. I have had my Yeti for 8 months and I still love it every day. :D

19. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Currently a venerable Audi A6 estate 1.9TDI.

It is in need of replacement, and I have confused the heck out of myself looking at potential replacements.

I'd like 4WD for towing having had it 2 cars ago, and was thinking about abandoning diesel for a petrol car - seems like it's not so easy when looking at 8 year old cars, as everyone was sold on diesel.
    I do a lot of round town stuff, so worried about DPF issues, but do mixed driving most weeks.
    Initial idea - VW Tiguan.
    I've driven 2 2.0TDI versions, and they seem fine, but I can't generate any excitement for car buying this time round...
    Also considered:
    Nissan Qashqai 4WD
    Nissan X Trail
    Subaru Forester - I'm dold the diesels have an unenviable reputation
    Audi Q5 - the only one in budget is 2 hours away and higher mileage than I had hoped for
    Any thoughts/advice/experience with any of these?

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

A Mitsubishi Outlander of any interest?

I have the L200 which is a bigger beast, but if the quality and comfort (and surprising amount of fun) that the L200 has is any indication of what the Outlander can be, it would warrant a look-in. Also, 8-year warranty, can't really go much better than that!