1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-56605, 11 Jun 2018.

1. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Jan 2019
    David likes this.
  2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I've got wired Momentums 1.0 and the misses has bluethooth Momentums 2.0. They're both brilliant.
    Cables from the 2.0 work on the 1.0 though the cable from the 1.0 is higher quality (but only iPhone or basic stereo, 2.0 has android cable).

2.0 bluetooth can be a little finicky with the signal. Two or three times now the misses is listening to something on her computer and then suddenly the sound is coming from here screen and then back again. Though in it's defense, her computer is under the desk and doesn't have an external antenna.

They also take a little while getting used to, they may hurt your noggin the first few times you wear them for extended periods, they're not as cushion-y on the top of your head as other headphones, though that quickly goes away.

EDIT: Oh, and the sound. They're Sennheisers, nuff said.

David and Guest-56605 like this.
  3. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

A bit late, but my 2 cents...

I've got a pair of wired Momentum 2.0 headphones. I use them daily at work for Spotify and occasionally as a hands free (only really if someone calls me during aforementioned Spotify time).

Sound quality is far better than what I was used to - and apparently the handfree mic goes through clearly to the other end.

Downsides - I couldn't get a 3.5mm > 1/4" adaptor working straight away to plug them into the audio interface I use for my guitar. Upside - the fix was fairly cheap - whole new cable from Amazon, which I swap with the original when making noises on a guitar. Also this means if the original cable dies in the future (common with headphones in general I find), I can just swap it out in the future for a small amount of £££

Guest-56605 and David like this.
  4. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

If the supplied cables don't work with Android phones it's worth trying integrated mic/volume cables from another supplier. My B&O H6s wouldn't work properly with my phone but 3.5mm cables from Amazon work perfectly. I won't link to them as they're currently unavailable but I bought 2 different types and both work fine.

Guest-56605 likes this.
  5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

This is all good stuff - I shortlisted the Momentum 2.0 a while back - I don't use a mic any more so I don't need a headset and want to splash on a decent set of 'phones in the near future.

6. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

I've got a set of the limited edition ones - sound great.. but found not very comfortable to wear all day.

7. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

For clarification, I use my Momentums with a Creative SoundBlaster E1 USB Soundcard / DAC. On the PC, for gaming and VoIP, I use an AntLion ModMic v4 hooked into the soundcards' Mic jack, and use the other cable with phone controls for my phone.

Guest-56605 likes this.
  8. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Right? It's nothing fancy, 24bit 44.1kHz, but it consistently delivers and battery is about 25 hours. For the price, it's absolutely amazing.

9. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Same as my missus has!

Guest-56605 likes this.
  10. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I find the microphones stick out too much into the ear pads and hurt my left ear after wearing them for a while but there's a simple fix. Superdrug sell packs of round cotton double sided pads (probably for removing makeup) which you can tuck into the leather ear pads for a comfortable fit.