1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stay Logged In

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by cjmUK, 11 Jun 2018.

1. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Whenever I login, even though I select the Stay Logged In checkbox, when I return in a new session, I have to authenticate again. Initially I thought it might be local to one PC or to my work environment, but I've tried on 4 PCs/browsers in two locations.

Cookies are enabled, and I can see that bit-tech have 13 stored on my PC currently. Is this a wider issue or just me? And what am I missing?

2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I've never been logged out apart from when testing on account I specifically make to do so. Mind sending me over your browser version and any extensions so I cam do some testing?

3. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

If I'm on the forums and click home I am also logged out, click on the forums link again and I'm still logged on in the forums.

4. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

That's fine. I'm more concerned if it happens purely on the forums.

5. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Can’t say I’ve run into that issue either. I’m always signed in and don’t even tick the box to keep me logged in. XD

6. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I have the same problem but think it is some work machine related issue, home machine is fine.

7. MLyons

Don't suppose any of you that are having problems are running some form of adblock or your org is running something to block some scripts?

8. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

At work:
    Firefox 60.0.2
    - AdBlock Plus

Chrome Version 66.0.3359.181 (64-bit)
    - Google Docs Offline

Home:
    Chrome Version 66.0.3359.181
    - Loads of extensions, but do not have list to hand.

It never used to be a problem on any browser, but some months ago, it started to be an issue. I can recall if it co-incided with the website refresh last year or some other significant event.

Can we look at the cookies and determine if the expected information is being stored?

9. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Bump.

10. MLyons

Sorry. Ok I've tried to replicate this and I can't do it, especially when I have cookies on my machine. The forums always keep my logged in. Sometime it will kick me off the main site but that's due to the extra security for my staff account. I'll keep looking into it but there's nothing to report at the moment. sorry :(