1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Mates new ride

Discussion in 'General' started by |V| 4 L k i 3 R, 24 Oct 2003.

1. |V| 4 L k i 3 R

|V| 4 L k i 3 R Minimodder

The engine sits sideways. If you are looking at the front of the car, the pistons go from right to left. On the left side of the engine, sits the transmission. The front axel gets inserted directly into the transmission on both sides. For the back axel, a transfer case is used. There is a shaft that exits the transmission and goes into the t-case. The transfer case basically turns the shaft to go straight back the length of the car (it also does some stuff with the transfer of power as well).

Wow, 18mpg...that's on an untuned car. We put on an afc and he's getting like 30mpg city and about 40 highway. As long as he stays off the boost ;)

2. mannisson

mannisson What's a Dremel?

Stay off the boost?! no way :D

you buy a car like that to beat up and go crazy in...not to make into a grocery cart.

3. avsfan733

avsfan733 What's a Dremel?

man one of you guys wanna help me get a rhd drive version of one? :naughty: :naughty:

From having driven both the evo8 and the STI on the track, I must say i prefer the STI. they are probably within a half second or so each and every lap, but the EVO is a little to unruly for my taste, the STI on the other hand is very predictable...it understeers, but at least its predictable and it can be handeled. Th EVO is just unruly, it goes like sitnk but it bounces and jounces and slides all over the corners and doesn't feel nearly as solid or as stable or as well built as the STI

Plus the new evo doesn't have the cool features technically that some of the old ones did

4. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

he is indeed correct, the transmission basically has an output shaft perpendicular to itself that's almost centered going to the rear wheels, as for RTT & his straight vs inline, he is indeed correct as well as BMW refers to their 6 cyl engines in their RWD cars as straight 6 and the 6 in their FWD cars as inline 6.

The Flat 4 vs inline 4 vs v4 is a funny one, flat 4 is the "boxer" engine in the scooby's, inline is your typical (also known as a standard 4 cylinder engine, boxer & v are abnormal these days) and a v4 is well, 4 cylinders in a 4 pattern. The boxers turn out more torque, the v4 tend to be perfectly balanced, and i4s tend to be a bit whiny and sound like lawn mowers tbh... especially when you throw a coffee can exhaust on it

as for the evos, nice cars to drive, handle quite well, and with the proper tuning & parts, can be extremely fast.... i still don't like the 4 door look though; too bad mitsu doesn't make a coupe version of it for road purposes, at least the scooby can be had as a coupe

Tags: