1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Nofan CR-80EH

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ice Tea, 23 Jun 2018.

1. Ice Tea

Ice Tea Minimodder

Nofan CR-80EH passive cooler

Anyone running one as the reviews are very mixed?

2. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Had one of these on an AM1 CPU. Actually posted a thread right here...

https://forums.bit-tech.net/index.p...ini-itx-pc-now-with-pics.278711/#post-3688081

Worked very capably for three years. The only reason I decommissioned it was because of a burnt out component on the motherboard...

https://forums.bit-tech.net/index.php?threads/something-fell-off-my-motherboard.339197/#post-4451426

Otherwise the CPU cooling worked just fine. I would say the only thing to be wary is the Motherboard and RAM. If you're aiming for a passive design then both these components need ventilation and heatspreaders to deal with any hot componenets such as VRM. Just something to keep in mind!

Ice Tea likes this.
  3. Ice Tea

Ice Tea Minimodder

Cheers Buddy , Currently running a HR-02 passive but it's heavy on the socket and the NoFan is a 1/3rd of the weight.

4. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Something else worth mentioning is that I found the mounting brackets adaptable. It's not supposed to work with AM1 motherboards but by pivoting the CR-80EH bracket instead of fixing it with two screws makes it very easy to attach to the CPU. Just need enough room to manoeuvre around the CPU!

5. Ice Tea

Ice Tea Minimodder

What cooler did you replace it with?

6. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

I didn't! Started using a different rig entirely. Went 3770K with GTX 1070, so far from passive! :thumb:

7. Ice Tea

Ice Tea Minimodder

LOL , thanks :)