1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

So many classic Atari STe games...

Super Cars II, Stunt Car Racer, Pac-Mania, Blood Money, Metal Masters, Lemmings, Buggy Boy, Millennium 2.2... I'd played some of these now and then over the years via emulators, but nothing comes close to the original hardware running on a CRT.

Going to borrow a Wii tomorrow and see if I can get some classic 240p gaming going (pseudo-240p anyway - the Wii will still output 480i but some Bang & Olufsen wizardry can handily de-interlace it). Soft-modding a Wii is far cheaper than an RGB SCART adaptor for the Raspberry Pi!

Arboreal likes this.
  2. Xlog

Xlog Minimodder

Fired up Dwarf Fortress to see what new updates brought, aaand I'm addicted again. Managed over a year this time...

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Man, I miss my Atari ST: full-fat 1040 STe upgraded to 4MB with hi-res monitor and so many games - including complete Pompey Pirates and Automation archives. Sadly had to find it another home when I downsized the office.

Funny story, actually: I was offered something like £90 on Twitter, but I'd seen monitor bundles without games sell for more so I turned it down. Ended up selling for £60 on eBay... to the guy who'd offered me £90! He did offer to pay more, but I turned him down - I got greedy, he got lucky, simple as!

Tip for the future: if you're ever selling a bundle on eBay, make sure the first image is of everything included or people will just skip over it!

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yikes, he got an absolute bargain there!

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Not half! Which reminds me, I need to get around to taking a picture of my boxed Jaguar - time that had a new home, too...

6. oscy

oscy Modder

This is one of those games that is installed, but I got a new game before I started playing it.

7. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Playing Grim Fandango (remastered edition) for the first time

8. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Full Throttle remastered. A really good remake of a lucas arts classic. You can also switch on the fly between remastered and original graphics. They have made it look like I remember it, quite a feat!

Last edited: 23 Jul 2018
    Ljs and Dr. Coin like this.
  9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I've had the remaster of Speedball 2 for years and barely touched it; I've been playing the Atari ST original earlier, so I thought I'd give the HD remaster a whirl.

Don't bother. Just get an Amiga or Atari emulator and play the original. The gameplay is nowhere near as fluid and it's way too easy.

10. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Installed some of the games I've got free via Twitch Prime, started a couple, including Brutal Legend tonight which looks like it'll be a laugh :D

11. Gareth Halfacree

Caved and bought Enter the Gungeon on the Switch, even though I know I'll be far too crap to play it. Several hours in, and I've not seen past level two. Hooray(!)

Mr Happy likes this.
  12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Warhammer 40k Gladius.

It's basically Civ, but in 40k format. Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear.

13. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I bought this a few month ago, and for some reason it has never saved any progress. So every time I fire it up on the Switch I am back at the very beginning! SO it has sat unused for a while now.

14. Gareth Halfacree

Oof. That ain't good. No real bugs to report here, aside from the boss not triggering once and the occasional loss of sound that requires a restart.

I made it to level three!

...then died about four rooms in. Bah!

15. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

Fortnite at which I am embarrassingly crap. Started last week as I was looking to build a pc for mates 9 year old kid so I went on to see what it was. Anyone wants to add me as friend on there I am HackneyHawks.

16. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Nice! I have an original copy for Mac (pre carbonization if any remembers what that means). Tried playing it via scummVM about 10 years back, game play was fine except for the highway didn't work but wasn't worth playing as there was not sound track. :( I should check to see if that has been fixed or try it in SheepShaver. Back in the day I also garbed the album Bone to Pick, to this day when I hear Legacy I see Ben's bike driving over the limo.

17. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Whenever I smell asphalt, I think of Maureen. That's the last sensation I had, before I blacked out: the thick smell of asphalt. And the first thing I saw when I woke up was her face. She said she'd fix my bike. Free. No strings attached. I should have known then that things are never that simple. Yeah, when I think of Maureen I think of two things: asphalt... and trouble.

18. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

It's such a good opener!

I am hoping they will do a remake of 'The Dig' as well.

19. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Decided to give Darkest Dungeon another go, I hated it when it first came out and stopped after about 90 minutes... played it a bit longer this time to give it a better chance to win me over.
    I'm finding it a bit more enjoyable this time around, the game could do with a bit more variety in the actual dungeons but it's something I can play once every couple of weeks to progress a little bit at a time.

20. Ljs

Ljs Modder

I've never played it myself but it's a game I like to watch on Twitch - there's just something about it that's entertaining yet relaxing and I love the style and atmosphere of it. The narrator is top notch.