1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Weird SLI behaviour

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GeorgeStorm, 9 Jun 2018.

1. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Hi,
    As above, having some issues with 980ti SLI, with one of the cards getting stuck in P5 state according to nvidia inspector.
    Tried multiple drivers (some of which recognise both cards but there's no option to enable SLI).
    Tried swapping cards in the slots, seemingly the same card shows the issue (but the card run on its own clocks fine).

Tried with one and 2 SLI fingers, didn't seem to make a difference.

This is just at stock so no crazy overclocks.

Example: As you can see in the image, GPU-Z gives the perfcap reason as 'SLI' which doesn't really explain anything/help.

Any ideas? Will be trying a new OS tomorrow.

Attached Files:

• sli.jpg
      sli.jpg
      File size:
      289.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I can't remember now whether nVidia Control Panel is still included in the drivers (I never allow the GeForce Experience to install which I think stops it being overwritten) but have you tried tweaking any settings in the Global Settings for 3D performance specifically 'Power Management Mode' to maximum performance.

After saying that from my limited experience of nVidia Cards if something doesn't work then it's usually down to a faulty card rather than a setting. I hope I'm wrong about that though.

3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

4. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Have you configured your cards to run SLI in the NVIDIA control panel? See example below.
    upload_2018-7-25_21-28-25.png

Attached Files:

5. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

I've been running NVIDIA SLI setup for years... on third set of cards for SLI... after a driver update (even a clean install) I always check the NVIDIA control panel to make sure I'm set in SLI.... It often resets to a single card after the driver update.