1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project > Excalibur

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by mnpctech, 25 May 2003.

1. Thunder_return

Thunder_return What's a Dremel?

Great job! You have the same color as I am thinking of : BLACK!!

Those birds are really nice , Not to be an ******* but
    Excalibur? Isn`t that a sword?

2. Slannesh

Slannesh What's a Dremel?

Probably the nicest paintjob i've ever seen. Great work! :rock:

The front bezel is coming together really nicely as well... the Chrome accent around the power switch is very nice. I can't wait to see this one finished.

Slan.

3. STellY

STellY What's a Dremel?

definately one of the nicest paintjobs ive seen as well... you are doing an excellent job.... everything...

the handle looks very good and to sand in places like that is incredible hard....

the front panel lookspretty excellent too... it was a great idea

and those fans are quite a find... if i ever find some i might have to pick some up :)

4. maeterlinck

maeterlinck What's a Dremel?

looking good - i like the top handle, very much like the ones we have on speakers and some flight cases in the theatre...
    How strong is it - i didn't see any reinforement go in to it - if it moves then you risk cracking all the filler around it... :worried:

Last edited: 25 Aug 2003
  5. MarcelloRupelli

MarcelloRupelli What's a Dremel?

I was kinda wondering about that a bit too. Love the way the handle looks tho. The whole case is sweet. Great paint! :D

6. cutplug

cutplug What's a Dremel?

<Dusting off Grave-digger outfit>

Looking though the older threads I found this one... I figured I'd dig this one up and see if any more progress was made.

Nice work! :jawdrop:

7. DrSpYdeR

DrSpYdeR What's a Dremel?

Like the others said "SpeechLess" :jawdrop:

8. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Excalibur is inching along. I'm busy working on other people's projects so my own must wait. Although I do have more recent updates for you guys, but first answer your replies

Look on the first page. The handle is mounted to underside of panel, not on top. The rececessed cup handle has an 1" wide outter lip that offers very good support underneath the panel that is taking a brunt of the weight. The filler was only used to fill crevice, not for adhering to handle to case.

So... I need to be utilizing a medieval sword somewhere? :rolleyes: ;)

It was the movie name sake that did inspire the build. Merlin's chrome skull cap ignited my imagination. Hence the chrome plated PWR switch bezel. Since I also have a fetish for custom bikes, that plays a key part too. The eagle window also has a medieval looks about it. The name just felt right...

[​IMG]

Closeup of PWR switch. The outter ring around chrome momentary switch is a Harley davidson front brake caliper insert. The actual momentary switch was taken from a Pilot brand push button iginition kit.

[​IMG]

I finished the top handle with this evil accent badge. Its one of Harley Davidson's new designs
    [​IMG]

A Harley Davidson V-Twin comes with 1 air cleaner. Since I have 2 -120mm fans I bought 2, classic style aircleaners at local HD Shop for around $25 each

[​IMG]

They're 5-1/4" Diameter which fits over 120mm (4.72") fans great.

I've dremeled out the inner portion of the cleaner base.
    Before and After below

[​IMG]

The covers looked sorta plain jane so I bought 2, V-Twin "Nostalgic" style timing covers that match my PWR switch bezel and utilized them as badges.

[​IMG]

Removable HD airfilter intakes for 2, 120mm fans... Next step is making filter elements for these.

[​IMG]

I'll be in the market for a black PCBed MB (Intel or AMD) w/ 4 mounting holes (preferably) . If you have a MB suggestion, let me hear it. I'm no longer able to keep up with advancements in this realm.

I plan to utilize Pug's suggestion of the sexy cuplex evo waterblock from Wizard Designs

[​IMG]

Ohhh, and a custom radiator shroud will also be made at sometime because the gap between front 120s

I'm also kicking around the thought of doing some sorta mural on the right panel.. This painting is the only thing I've considered so far. Although I really enjoy Brom's Gothic Artwork

[​IMG]

thats where I'm at :hehe:

9. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

om*g - that's gorgeous - can't wait to see it finished - not that it isn't already stunning!

Last edited: 23 Jan 2004
  10. x3r0

x3r0 What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop:
    i was so excited about the mod i'm doing atm..... then i saw this.
    It puts my little hunk of junk to shame :sigh:
    Amazing work :clap:

11. cutplug

cutplug What's a Dremel?

I 'guess' that is an acceptable update. :lol: :p Very nice. And I LOVE the Air-cleaner idea!

12. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

WOW

Thats all I can say at the moment! :rock:

13. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

w00t dude... I dont pay attention for a second and you come up with this? Looks like I found myself someone else to worship :D Looking goooooood!!!

14. STellY

STellY What's a Dremel?

yeah looks EXCELLENT... i remember watching this project back when it was started.. it looks great and we all know ur paintwork is top notch for sure

i have an AOpen AX4SPE-N Intel Motherboard.... it might interest you im not sure though... i would be willing to sell it as well

linky

you also might want to check out the "black pearl" though its a bit more expensive...

15. Dr.SmaSh

Dr.SmaSh What's a Dremel?

Hail mnpctech! :thumb:

U r doing a damn good job! Keep it UP (and keep us update :D ).

And...I just love the fan gril :jawdrop:

:rock:

16. Jackel

Jackel Supermodder & sig shrinking victim

Last edited: 5 Jun 2004
  17. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

That is one easy rider of a mod! Outstanding! :clap:

18. Bluebark

Bluebark What's a Dremel?

Excellent work…even I would be proud to lay down a coat like that…it looks like clear coated laq. Nice…but I hate nito. The stuff shrinks forever. 3M puts out a really good putty that dries fast and dose not shrink even under laq. I love the hog imports (to be expected when you live close to Milwakee :naughty: ) , but not a big fan of block heads though. The HD button bezel is real classy…not to mention the death rider ensign. on the handle. Comment; I think I would have used S&S covers, they look really sweet…but your setup does look rad. :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Man…I want the artwork on my back!! :jawdrop:

19. MechWarrior

MechWarrior What's a Dremel?

20. Jaguar_Infinity

Jaguar_Infinity Just some guy

:eeek:

wow. is there a tutorial somewhere that tells ppl like me how to get that kind of finish? i would love to be able to get a shine like that on mine when i do my case.

very nice work! :clap: :clap: :clap: