1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Seen anything cool on the road lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by docodine, 2 Aug 2009.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Sounds like an expensive weekend!

With some good views.

Edit

Back from Ford Fair. Lots of Fords, unsurprisingly, but no GT.

I saw a Fiesta that.. Well. I've never seen anything like it, and I hope I never see anything like it again.

And, thanks to the wonders of cameras, you can too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://imgur.com/a/NxnZAy9 The other vaguely note worthy cars there and a couple of panoramas before I got too hot.

Last edited: 5 Aug 2018
  2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

You'll hate me then. At Carfest North last weekend, they had all 3 gens of GT - the OG GT40, the 2000's GT & the current model.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. liratheal

I believe "Mildly irked" might possibly describe my thoughts on this!

I've seen a GT40, a 2005 GT, and I'm itching to see a 2017 GT! And possibly take too many photos of it.

4. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Yeah so... I think the GT fam had alternative arrangements this weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ford Fair may explain why the A43 was approximately 98.6% focuses and fiestas when I was on my way back from Beaulieu this evening. At Silverstone I'm guessing?

A handful of other pieces of eye candy selected...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Never seen one of these up close before

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Wait, isn't that just a normal GTR? Why yes, yes it is just a normal GTR, with a full bare carbon fibre body. 10/10 for effort (and expenditure!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Didn't bother taking any photos of cars in motion since I only had my phone on me, and often a child on my shoulders so she could see making it more difficult still.

One of the GT40s partook in one of the rev battles, sounded amazeballs, however a Huracan Performante won that round (and deserved it tbh, though the GT40 was a close second IMO)

5. liratheal

Yeah, that'd almost certainly be why - Some nice Fords, and some classless ****, descended on Silverstone to lower the tone for the day.

I'll see one eventually. Just a matter of time.

6. Mister_Tad

I'm aware of the individuals you speak of. A twattery (I think that's the collective term?) Of stanced, overly stickered, probably-scissor-doored and over-exhausted fiestas were trying to have a go as I was going about my business making my way home.

I wasn't playing partly because there were police eeeeeeeverywhere inside 25 miles of Silverstone, but mainly because, what's the point?

7. liratheal

I left Silverstone waaay early. I don't get along with those people (As elitist as that sounds, any performance car in a low price bracket has a certain.. Type of following, more often than not) so I don't usually feel the need to hang around after I've wandered around and looked at cars.

Even so, I saw two marked cars with blues and twos on, and one unmarked, and two people pulled over.

What kind of mongoloid speeds outside a car show that is, clearly, going to be heavily policed?

More over, assuming you were in your Lotus, what kind of mouth breathing spanner believes they can out run it in a clapped out Ford?!

I mean, ****, I love my Fords but there's very much a ceiling on their performance in this country.. In a similar vein, the number of idiots driving dumpster fires who claim to have "out run" or similar a <insert high performance car> is just laughable. Chances are, if you're in a Ford in this country, and you leave something expensive behind, they simply weren't playing the same game as you. A bean-can on a fiesta doesn't put it in the same performance bracket as a Porsche, and it infuriates the tits off me to hear people claim as much.

IanW likes this.
  8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Is that an Ultima GTR? Also I'm not sold on the new tvr. Doesn't look like a Trevor to me, looks more like a Claude or Serge.

9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Yes. It is. But going by the number plate, the red GT40 may be a replica?

10. The_Crapman

Mmmm nice. The devil's car :naughty:

11. Mister_Tad

Yeah, in the Lotus. That was my free pass for the weekend at Beaulieu. Well, free apart from 80 litres of V-Power for the trip.

Any of the of the fords that might have made a halfway interesting comparison (a few RSes and a Sierra Cosworth) were just interested in exchanging nods or thumbs up of mutual respect, as it should be. It was just the fiestas that wanted to have a go.

Forgetting about power, because maybe that exhaust and those decals really do add +500bhp, Front-Front vs Mid-Rear is never a good starting point if you're wanting to show someone up off the traffic lights or roundabout. The main reason I don't bother though is that I just don't care whose car is faster. I'm as likely to race a Fiesta off the lights as I am a Ferrari or anything in between, and that is, not at all likely.

The only standing starts I did this weekend were entering and exiting the show. There's kids and cameras, what am I supposed to do? Some of that video might end up on YouTube, so I don't want to let down the side :lol:

Nor am I. It was cool to see it up close an personal being such a new car, but I'm not entirely convinced by the looks - it's like they've tried to combine the classic shape and look of the original Griff with the crazy shapes of the last TVRs and ended up with something that just doesn't tick either box, for me anyway. The sound is odd as well, I can't decide what I think of it. I think it could be those side exit exhausts, where if you're next to the car you hear (predominantly) one bank firing. From a distance it sounds great, almost like a top fuel dragster, but up close it sounds weird.

Good eyes, you're not wrong there. As I stood in front of it I actually commented to the Mrs that it's in unbelievable condition. Not that I wouldn't love to have even a replica it in my garage.

A better snap of the real red GT40 to make up for it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 6 Aug 2018
    IanW likes this.
  12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Not sure which model of Lamborghini this was, but it was damn quiet. Tried to get a better look, but some numpty was in the wrong lane which, of course, means that they just had to hold up the rest of the traffic so they could move over...

13. liratheal

I'm much the same - It's a road, not a race track. On top of which, there's always a faster car. It strikes me as blindingly pointless to race strangers on the street. Plus the inevitable 'oops ****ed that into a tree' situations, or a visit from Mr. Plod telling you your license is forfeit because you're a moron.

I fit much more into the nods/thumbs up category than anything - Assuming, of course, I'm not too busy oggling the car to notice any interaction..

IanW, Mister_Tad and Byron C like this.
  14. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

15. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

I wonder if he bring his own stump to park on?

16. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

The front of that new TVR is all wrong.

17. Strudul

Strudul ~

18. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Oooooft. I'd put my willy in that car (along with the rest of me).

19. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Ohh, wow

20. The_Crapman

Just saw a light blue 964 burbling through Wythall, but didn't manage to pull my phone out in time for a pic. It had a squished 993 GT2 esque rear wing on and a ruf badge, so lord knows what was under the hood, but it sounded beautiful.