1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Right then, further on from my previous posting, NatWest have really outdone themselves, the guy I spoke to about the missed payment stuff really helped me out. Turns out that there was a mix up in the changing of the payment dates (to coincide with my wife’s job changing her pay date) so he has taken that missed payment and split it out over the next few meaning that I don’t have to use my much needed pc money on clearing it.

I seriously could not thank him enough. Looks like some happy sleep is back on the cards again :)

Huge thank you to you all as well, it’s posts like these today that have kept me coming back here pretty much everyday for the past 16 years.

adidan, IanW, MLyons and 1 other person like this.
  2. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Scraping Audi arch on garage wall cause some dick parked too close to my garage

Last edited: 14 Apr 2020
  3. Almightyrastus

Sorry bud, that sucks balls. At least the process should go through relatively easily.

stealth80 likes this.
  4. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Hmmmm

Last edited: 14 Apr 2020
  5. Almightyrastus

Just make sure that you have a lot of evidence and a good solicitor

MLyons likes this.
  6. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Minor gripe, on top of the making ends meet this month is an onslaught of payments where I’m unlikely to make ends meet. I’m sat at work next to a guy complaining how his savings pot isn’t as much as he’d like and while to him he has aspirations it’s just a bit of a dagger in the back hearing the figures.

This weekend I’ve got a stag do, fortunately I have limited money so drinking will be to the minimum (probably for the best) I’m in one of those moods a blowout probably wouldn’t help.

My mum was supposed to arrange a ‘girly’ gathering so the misses could have some company and last minute it’s not happening, I know she’ll end up inviting some around and leaving some out because she’s just like that, it’s not a direct attack but it doesn’t look great. She doesn’t mean to do it but there’s a natural divide in our family that she never seems to address.

Me and my brothers family are usually the ones left out of the gatherings so it’s not unusual, Ultimately it makes me feel bad for leaving her after a 9 your shift to go drinking while she spends the night alone having planned for a takeaway and drinks. Nobody likes to be left out and I’ve sort of told my mum not to bother asking me for anything in the future if she can’t make any effort then neither will I, I’d put my last quid on her spending the evening with my sisters having claimed she wasn’t doing anything.... my partner feels **** enough as it is, very few people make effort with her despite yearning for some social company. She needs to let her hair down because at the moment we’re not sleeping with the stress of it all

**** **** bollocks.

7. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

My gaming laptop fell out my bag two days ago. It boots, but the screen is dead :( Only had it 3 months too :(

8. Almightyrastus

DHL. Morons.

Had a delivery scheduled for today, nothing huge, just the new bracket for my AIO cooler. Wife has been home all day, having a day off and I get an attempted delivery notification, nobody in...

Apparently they are not allowed to try a neighbor, they are not allowed to use a safe place, they HAVE to have a signature on a £5 item. The driver does not answer his phone. But hey, I can go all the way out to Castle Donnington and pick it up myself if I want... Rearrange delivery? OK, sure... for Tuesday when nobody will be there again... Idiots.

9. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Had a job offer from Merc HPP, amazing prospects but the commute coupled with the road works starting on the M1 make it totally unfeasible.
    It took three hours to drive one junction of the M1 an that was off peak, these are going on on that section until 2022 at least.
    Contracts only for 12 months so its not worth risking moving an then finding I'm left in the lurch come next year. :grr:

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Parental unit 1 fell over whilst mowing the lawn and broke her wrist. A&E destroyed my plans for the day, gonna have to work through the night to catch up.

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

This wedding only has lager, wine, and vodka. I'm either going home sober or naked.

MLyons, Mister_Tad and Byron C like this.
  12. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I'd be happy with all of the above :)

13. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Of the 4 graphics cards I ordered from CEX (see purchases thread) for my retro build;

- 1 turns on but provides no video signal at all
    - 1 turns on, gets to windows and then refuses to work (windows disables it due to "a problem")
    - 1 turns on, gets to windows and then refuses to allow the drivers to install.
    - 1 didn't arrive (booked on a different service to the other three and we missed the delivery)

On the plus side my OG Titan works fine in the core system so at least I know that works...

Will be taking the non functioning ones back to my local CEX for a refund tomorrow.

Not a massive problem in the grand scheme of things but ruddy annoying when I had set aside the time to mess about with the system and instead had failure after failure.

14. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

What sort of cards were you looking for??

15. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Retro stuff (see sig for examples) :)

As it transpired at least one of them is ok and I haven't tested the other two yet. My windows installation was clearly borked.

This is what happens when you try to trouble shoot at 2am!

16. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

GF storming out in a rare old mood, and rightfully so.

Yesterday we just managed to make our connecting flight. Our bags didn't.

Got a text saying here today at the airport. No news. The GF phones the airline 'oh probably tomorrow now'... So she asks them to get the airport to keep hold of them and she'll pick them up (sone food in there you see).

5 minutes later a text saying they're with the delivery company. Yay! Phone the airline back to say this is the case and that's all fine. Delivery company is great and saves us a long trip.

A couple of calls to check up, we get internet tracking but still no show.

Now we get a call from the airport "we've been told by the airline that you're picking them up..."

So they've been sat there all day and not with the delivery company and no other deliveries today.

She is not a happy bunny. Not a happy bunny at all. Obviously that means i'm not happy.

Edit: Bags received. Food fine. GF put into perspective in the grand scheme of things and fine. That means i'm fine too :)

Last edited: 26 Aug 2018
    TheMadDutchDude and David like this.
  17. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Just submitted my proposal to the thermaltake modding comp... my first such submission...

why is that making me miserable? I can't help but feel i've done the modding comp equivalent of turning up to masterchef with beans on toast.

Arboreal and adidan like this.
  18. adidan

Hey don't be so hard on yourself.

I'm sure it's beans on toast with grated cheese on and anything with cheese on is a winner.

That sounds more supportive in my head btw.

RedFlames likes this.
  19. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Its not just and beans on toast, its Mark's and Spencer lightly toasted luxury slice white Boule with the finest haricot beans in a smooth rich tomato sauce.

RedFlames and adidan like this.
  20. adidan

That's just the RBG equivalent of my post.